lilfuzzer

Lilfuzzers "Verity" new headlights page 34

Well thought I'd start this thread have not done one before for any of my motors so please be gentle.

A few will already know the car maybe? :wink:

I bought my vr 2 years ago as a birthday gift to myself after watching my first corrado being driven away by someone else 6 months previous and vowing as it left "guess the shopping list has a rado on it". It had to be bordeaux pearl so the looking started and approx 6 months later I found one 13 miles away looked and had to have it.

Over the past 2 years there has been quite a bit of work done:

New windscreen as it had a large sunvisor sticker thing and when remopved found large crack in windscreen

All arches flared and rolled an inch to allow the wheels to fit properly.

9 inch steels powder coated black all round (not sure but think first for that size as informed by widewheels)

Full re-spray after arches done which included welding up several holes (side repeater, rear vw badge, rear vr6 badge holes and rear wiper deletion).

Interior a,b,c pillars and headlining re-trimed body colour.

Door cards retrimmed in black (need doing again really)

Leather rears installed

Finally after 8 months installed front leather A8 recaros all electrics working (just need issues with heat sorting out but other things are taking priority)

No engine mods to the current engine, just keeping it going until my new one finished.

A few will already know the plans but it involves a full rebuild of donor engine (stripped and painted so far) with a bit extra added. Will be shown fully soon (hopefully) :D

Edited by lilfuzzer

what a girly name!! :lol: where did you get that??

This car is PHAT but Chris me old mukka you need to get some pics up pronto!! 8)

At uni at the mo till late tonight so they will be some tomorrow evening I am sure!

The name it just came to me (in an inbox :lol:)

Sorry about the poor array of pics quite said that have looked through computer and these seem to be the good ones.

Think more pictures are needed this coming year. :lol:

Love the banded steelies mate, they 15 or 16s?

Do you ride BMX?

Cheers. They are 16's mate think they make the car. they started as a winter wheel and now has been taken off this winter for a re-furb I love them :luvlove:

I used too and decided to refurb my raleigh last summer as was just sitting in the shed. was going to sell it and buy a cheap ones for shows but there has been no real interest in it so going to ride it this year but gonna wait for the good weather to save the chrome.

Does look pretty cool... not too keen on the dark headlights though!

I know what you mean sometimes I like and sometimes not. I kept them off my last one, but that one had dark indicators and fogs and always ran a black plate so it looked all dark on the front which liked quite a lot.

i like the wheels and the laminx mate, think it looks mint from the front, do you get alot of catching on those wheels or you had alot of mods on the archeS?

i like the wheels and the laminx mate, think it looks mint from the front, do you get alot of catching on those wheels or you had alot of mods on the archeS?

Cheers Phil, its not lamix done these ages ago think over 10 years ago, they are tinted with spray.

The arches took a lot of rolling to get them about an inch all round. At one point I thought it was going to fall off the axles stands :lol: fortunately not though. I still get a whole load of catching but as long as not driven too hard and I watch the pot holes its not too bad.

Your Schmits are wide do you have much trouble?

the rears still catch slightly but only over major bumps, they are 9J with 205/40/16's on the fronts are only 7.5J but i made a fatal tyre choice and i lost any stretch that i had on the front using 195/45/16's. there was falcons on and i had the arches rolled to suit but i went for Yoko's this time and they stick out alot further so i had to reroll the arches to suit. bit of a buggar really. but after seeiong all these cars with wide front wheels i want some!!

looks great,i have those wheels unbanded on my vr,and would love to band them, 8) 8)

Cheers bud quite easily get them done but looks like borbets on yours love them also did want them as my first wheel :)

the rears still catch slightly but only over major bumps, they are 9J with 205/40/16's on the fronts are only 7.5J but i made a fatal tyre choice and i lost any stretch that i had on the front using 195/45/16's. there was falcons on and i had the arches rolled to suit but i went for Yoko's this time and they stick out alot further so i had to reroll the arches to suit. bit of a buggar really. but after seeiong all these cars with wide front wheels i want some!!

I have 215 45 at the mo as the first strecth didnt want to take the micky. Have seen 195 40 on 9's which looked mad.

At least if you do go for 9s up front they should be easier to roll again. Did you have much trouble with the double skin at the back or did they roll easy

i didnt roll em i got kris at Wide Wheels to do the arch rolling. its a decent job but i need to get em repainted and underseal the inside!

Kris done mine also when I dropped the wheels off. I had mine booked in for paint a month or so later so wasnt bothered about the paint, it cracked quite bit.

i had them rolled a bit ago like, and had it painted then but the rear tyres were too wide still and were still catching which split the paint again lol, aswell rolling the front arches again lol. needs painting again..

Well not a bad weekend.

The rest of the engine is now painted :D

Just need to bubble wrap everything until the full build.

Also manage to alleviate my bank account of 300 odd quid buying things like chains etc.

Just about git everythhing now for the full build couple of parts to go. Looking forward to it beung done now as so need it done by the summer :D

Well some nice pressies came today. New timing kit, new sump and sharan gasket. So only piston ring left to buy for the engine so thats pretty much on track.

Gave the steels a wash in the bath and the tyres were popped off at the weekend for refurb. Forgot how wide they look with no tyres on. :lol:

Also picked up the new rear beam from Jay at the weekend couple of pics sorry for the quality.

Tank straps started at the weekend so they should be done on sunday. Going to wait to put the axle and straps on until the weather pics up a bit as shame to make them so dirty so quickly

Well was hopefully going to fit the bonnet release cable today and rebuilt the head tomorrow with 263 cams but the weather has knackered that :(

Progress not going good on the engine build unless the weather picks up

good progress mate ,do u want to build me an engine nxt??mines gettin on a bit now not sure wever to turbo or s,charge :wave: