Madjackal

What are the Most Desirable Corrado Colours

Blackberry's SOOOOO 90's!

:confused4: As it's a 90's coupe then it just shows that Blackberry is the best Colour. :grin:

Also for anyone else in this position if you dont like a total loss offer on your car, tell your insurers you'll complain to the finacial ombudsman if you dont get your way cos it costs them £500 to defend a claim to the ombudsman, win or lose, so they may as well pay you the extra you want and not run the risk.

The importance of getting an agreed valuation.

Agreed, although check into the small print very thoroughly. Many agreed valuation policies aren't worth the paper they're written on and / or have too many clauses, for example, with some policies you will only get the agreed value pay with claim goes non-fault ONLY. If you have a 50/50 claim (the most common claim!) or it goes your fault, you will only get market value. The brokers never tell you that during the policy inception, so be careful.

It's true though, it's fast becoming a trend to take the easy way out with a total loss these days. Many bodyshops just can't be arsed with older cars anymore (as I found out recently) and the insurance companies are quick to dimiss or disregard any emotional attachment people may have for their cars.

As for colours, there won't be many impartial views in this thread :D

I wonder how many Corrado owners actually bought theirs for it's colour alone, rather than buying the 1st one they saw and then making it their favourite colour out of bias? :D

My favourite colours in terms of flattering the car's shape and really suiting it are:-

Silver

Red

Ice Grey

Blackberry

White

Yellow - A tough one as I hate yellow cars normally, but it does suit the Corrado's shape if I'm honest!

I'm sorry but I've never really liked the blues, Greens and blacks on a Corrado. Mystic and Classic are MK3 Golf colours and very common ones at that. Those two and the other shades just don't seem to pick out the car's lines in any kind of flambouyant or charasmatic way, which the others do - imo of course!

Also for anyone else in this position if you dont like a total loss offer on your car, tell your insurers you'll complain to the finacial ombudsman if you dont get your way cos it costs them £500 to defend a claim to the ombudsman, win or lose, so they may as well pay you the extra you want and not run the risk.

Agreed, although check into the small print very thoroughly. Many agreed valuation policies aren't worth the paper they're written on and / or have too many clauses, for example, with some policies you will only get the agreed value pay with claim goes non-fault ONLY. If you have a 50/50 claim (the most common claim!) or it goes your fault, you will only get market value. The brokers never tell you that during the policy inception, so be careful.

oh dear... best check the small print from HIC then :?

It's true though, it's fast becoming a trend to take the easy way out with a total loss these days. Many bodyshops just can't be arsed with older cars anymore (as I found out recently) and the insurance companies are quick to dimiss or disregard any emotional attachment people may have for their cars.

As for colours, there won't be many impartial views in this thread :D

I wonder how many Corrado owners actually bought theirs for it's colour alone, rather than buying the 1st one they saw and then making it their favourite colour out of bias? :D

My favourite colours in terms of flattering the car's shape and really suiting it are:-

Silver

Red

Ice Grey

Blackberry

White

Yellow - A tough one as I hate yellow cars normally, but it does suit the Corrado's shape if I'm honest!

I'm sorry but I've never really liked the blues, Greens and blacks on a Corrado. Mystic and Classic are MK3 Golf colours and very common ones at that. Those two and the other shades just don't seem to pick out the car's lines in any kind of flambouyant or charasmatic way, which the others do - imo of course!

Thats interesting because in theory liability really shouldn't affect the payout, I personally have no experience of agreed value claims handling so cannot offer any authority on this point but it is food for thought. My advice would be if you arent satisfied to always argue the point, it can make the offer worse and Insurers are in the business of saving money so a bit a sustained assault may result in an increase in order to minimise claim handling costs. Although that said balance this with your renewal intentions moving in to the new policy. It may not pay to p**s the Insurer off too much......

would agree there. I don't think any other marque and car has managed to pull off the yellow so well. I can only think it has something to do with the dark hue of yellow that was used

Sherry Pearl baby! lovely colour... and thats not just cos i own one!

other 2 colours i like for some unknown reason is nugget yellow and flash red...

i'm going to get a punch for this but................ Blackberry is waaaaay overrated...

*runs away very fast* :tongue:

Thats awesome, thanks for the input there guys.

Basically I know that my Insurers will say its a 15 year old car and so its worth £10. If I dispute the offer they will ask for evidence to justify an increase. There are only 16 VRs on autotrader and the average price is about £3,300 so I have printed off these pages, also I have found a website that comes up with independant valuations and offers an average of £3 - £4k. So i'll wait for the offer and then just write a **** letter saying its not acceptable and see what happens. When I had the same thing with my old G60 I got a cheque for £800, did the above, and they send me an additional cheque for £1200.

Anyway......

The point of this is to try to bolster the evidence that although my car has high mileage it is a desirable colour. In hind sight I probably should have said all this at the start and then ran a new thread with everyone saying that blackberry is the best, then I could screen print and send it to the Insurers.

See while they bang on about 'inate value', the true value is whatever somone is willing to pay for something, if everyone says one particular colour is best then it is more sought after, and therefore worth more, and whether insurers like it or not that s**t is valid.

So a quick claim update, I had my offer increased to £1,500.00, I have since complained a bit more, gotten the FOS involved and yesterday received a cheque for a further £850.00.

£2,350.00 for a 15 year old car with 180,000 on the clock, must be a Corrado!

For me...

1. Dark burgundy pearl

2. Ice grey violet pearl

3. Twilight violet pearl

4. Mystic blue

5. Magic black

For me...

1. Dark burgundy pearl

2. Ice grey violet pearl

3. Twilight violet pearl

4. Mystic blue

5. Magic black

What's the difference between black and 'magic' black?

For me...

1. Dark burgundy pearl

2. Ice grey violet pearl

3. Twilight violet pearl

4. Mystic blue

5. Magic black

What's the difference between black and 'magic' black?

Old thread but ill answer, im pretty sure the standard black is 'just' a black. Magic black is found on mk4 golfs etc, has a metal flake in it. Lovely colour.

Ive now changed my mind though, just a boring black with no pearly flakey business would look lovely, the rado doesn't need funky colours to make it look the dogs.

Ive always so desperately wanted a DBP rado and now i might be getting one i dont want to sell the ice grey violet valver... its.. well... *rare* compared to DBP. I say that and theres 3 ice greys for sale at the mo inc my own haha. I think the ice grey with the way ive modded my car makes it look like more of a aggressive bruiser, DBP looks refined which is my next look i think.

Ive also got a new fetish for nuggets, i hate the colour when its not on a rado but a freshly painted nugget is just sick!

Old thread but ill answer, im pretty sure the standard black is 'just' a black. Magic black is found on mk4 golfs etc, has a metal flake in it. Lovely colour.

Nope. There's definitely more than one type of black on the Corrado, and I'm pretty sure Magic Black is one of them :)

Thought so mate - it was your car I was thinking of regarding Magic Black.. just wasn't 100% sure :)

I like one of the blues... don't know the name though, think it's Aqua. The dark one anyway.

2. Satin Silver

3. Blackberry

4. Sherry Pearl

5. Tornado Red

I used to own a Tornado Red 16v. It does have a tendancy to go pink, but when it's polished :luvlove:

I like one of the blues... don't know the name though, think it's Aqua. The dark one anyway.

2. Satin Silver

3. Blackberry

4. Sherry Pearl

5. Tornado Red

I used to own a Tornado Red 16v. It does have a tendancy to go pink, but when it's polished :luvlove:

The dark blue is Moonlight Blue Pearl Effect, LC5M. Lovely. Had one myself. Still miss it.

Mine is, Black Magic LC9Z to confirm 8)

Ive got standard black and it is just that... Standard. Its not even metallic its just black.

And after seeing Kips car, im defiantly going Black magic when i paint her up :)

I think Black Magic was on one or too corrados as standard.. but not many.

Nope. There's definitely more than one type of black on the Corrado, and I'm pretty sure Magic Black is one of them :)

Im pretty sure theres two with one looking a bit lighter than the other. I have no clue as to what they're called though.