Sign in to follow this  
huggy

Who else feels uncomfortable with a TOYOTA sitting behind

Personally, I feel more uncomfortable with either of the following behind me:

1 - Fiat

2 - Clio

3 - Fiesta (Oops, theyve all gone up here!)

4 - Works van, particularly if driver has two bears sitting up front with him - one of whom is reading the Daily Star or the Sun and has his boots on the windscreen (the macho thing makes us guys drive like nutters :wink: )

lol i like it when a kitted up fiesta, fiat or clio sit up my rear, for starters they have breaks and the only reason the accelorator stays on the floor is because it needs to, to stay ticking over lol, i especialy like it when they try and get up my ar$e in a 30 (with out at least one date) and i hit a 60 and leave em, they seem to ease of after that lol. As for van drivers i dont get half as much aggro from them as you do the above. funny realy.

my accelerator has stuck open twice in the last 6 months so perhaps the car you should be worried about is a corrado :D

it does puzzle me why people are saying brake first when it happens though? (unless you're in an auto of course). if you're on a motorway and you brake in panic you're probably going to cause a massive pile up. just clutch in, stamp on the accelerator a couple of times and it will free up. no-one knows anything's happened apart from the person you're passing who thinks you're a tit for revving your engine as you overtake..

this is true, i only thought about it because i wastched a new specal on to the toyota matter, tbh apart from brak failure and a sticking accelorator they build pretty good motors.

A good text sent to the phone last week.

Just driving my new Toyota Prius. Chat later, can't stop.

lol :grin:

Toyotas recent epic fail is not really a worry, it's the general driving skill level across the board. Every time i go out these days theres at least 1 dangerous driver trying to drive on your side of the road, drive at 30 in a 60, not know where their indicators are etc... Is it the same at your neck of the woods?

Look at the list of BMW, Mercedes, VW recalls and then see who has more... I work in a Skoda / Toyota franchise as a Toyota Technician and nearly every skoda that comes in is due a recall!! The only reason you hear about TOyota is because they took over the Number one spot for vehicle manufacturing from GM so the americans made a massive deal about Toyotas to make them look dangerous! And it makes our lives a misery....

I havn't givien it a second thought.

It's the homo sapien behind the wheel that cause most accidents.

Indeed, I have overtaken the car in front just to get some space between me and the idiot behind on numerous occasions - bloody glad I did as well one time as about 5 minutes after doing it the chimp went in the back of the car I had just gone past.