biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

It's Goose - he's had a red (is it called Mars Red?) Mk1 GTi sat in his father's workshop for the past 2 years or so. He had a number of repair panels welded in, at the usual locations, but hasn't the time, money, patience, or drive to make it what he originally intended (4wd 1.8t).

It's totally naked, but would be a good shell to start with.

It's Goose - he's had a red (is it called Mars Red?) Mk1 GTi sat in his father's workshop for the past 2 years or so. He had a number of repair panels welded in, at the usual locations, but hasn't the time, money, patience, or drive to make it what he originally intended (4wd 1.8t).

It's totally naked, but would be a good shell to start with.

Yes I remember! humm might give him a call!

cheers chap

Ben

Thought best to ask in your thread but how much you want for the Lotus

Hey Simon.. its up on pistonheads for just under 22k.. but to a forum member I'm open to an offer (especially if its you mate..)!

cheers

Ben

So glad to hear it Ben, if i may lay down my offer that you will not be able to resist, i lay my offer down @

1 Corrado with engine in bits [has lots potential]

£6.87p

and a bag of smarties?????

So glad to hear it Ben, if i may lay down my offer that you will not be able to resist, i lay my offer down @

1 Corrado with engine in bits [has lots potential]

£6.87p

and a bag of smarties?????

hehe :wave:

Its been a while boys and girls but I've gone and bought another VW.... and guess what?! its a project car!! lol

Pics to follow but sig might give you a clue or two..

I want this car finished for E38... ;-)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice one mate would like to see your thoughts on tuning as ive heard alot about the MK4 are you going for massive power or a manageable amount?

Stock engine internals on the mk4 are good for 400hp arent they,

Nice one mate would like to see your thoughts on tuning as ive heard alot about the MK4 are you going for massive power or a manageable amount?

Stock engine internals on the mk4 are good for 400hp arent they,

The engine is kicking out 200bhp as it stands.. I think my money will go into setting it up for track, tidying it up and making it as light as possible. Aiming for sub 1000kg with cage. Then if there is enough cash I'd like to go for driveable power, i.e. 350bhp max, standard internals to keep costs down.. bit like my corrado really :)

I have some pics of the car as it stands at the mo and will post them later :-)

Ben

welcome back mate, i was here to see you corrado build but i have read thru it all! hope you keep us updated with what goes on!!

Nice one Ben. Looking forward to some updates as and when you get cracking on it :)

Hi guys..

Sorry for the slowness, but here is the car as it stands.. a blank canvas in my mind... but with coilovers, SS exhaust, 200bhp engine already done for me ;-)

Got my old seats from the corrado going off for a re-trim shortly, on the look out for suitable wheels, getting the immoblisor removed from the ME3.5 ECU so I can fit my STACK display and thats about it. Really I'm just tredding water until my mates R32 corrado is finished then I can get going with it...

So a before and a photoshop of how it could look when done ;-)

maybe...

Sweet.. very sweet :) Always liked the MK4 when it's had a bit of fettling. BBS CH's on a MK4 just work soooo well.. :)

Thanks guys.. although I have been collecting parts its just sitting under a cover at the moment. I've got to finish my mates corrado off first (see other thread for update) before I can get going with it. Visited my old friends at Jabba yesterday and discussed possible plans for the engine though ;-) Anyway bring on the summer so I can work on it in the evenings after work :-) :norty:

What no teaser shots!!!

Well... nothing really to show mate.. got the wheels and tyres but going to keep them hush until I've got them how I want them 8)

:D

Bit of an update...

Sold the mk4 Golf.. got a good offer and really I need to buying a house so money's gone towards boring house deposit...

My old engine (340bhp 1.8T) is currently in another corrado and up for sale.. first page on pistonheads - corrados. The black one, only 1 pic at the moment.. but good value!

Got something lined up project wise thats going to blow all of your minds.. may take me a while to build but I've started the first steps.. i.e. teaching myself CAD and 3D modelling ;-)

Chow!

Ben

if you want some help/ a version of solidworks 2009/ a part made/designed/whatever

let me know... I have full access to all of the above and have an extensive background in everything to do with engineering and modeling.

hell, my MS is in engineering!

let me know, I'd be glad to help. plus... IM FREE!

if you want some help/ a version of solidworks 2009/ a part made/designed/whatever

let me know... I have full access to all of the above and have an extensive background in everything to do with engineering and modeling.

hell, my MS is in engineering!

let me know, I'd be glad to help. plus... IM FREE!

Awesome - yes please!!!

Been a long time since I was on here.. was just wondering what happened to all the bits off my AWD Corrado.. any ideas? Anyone come across the shell? Sold it to a chap who said he was going to be putting a 16v turbo into it.. interior - any ideas?!

Any old boys from back in the day still got their corrado's?

Ben