biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

Nice one, my first car was a Caterham Seven built at home with my dad, went on the road the day after my 18th birthday - it was hard work but great fun - a good five nights a week spent in the garage, even if it was only for 30 minutes.

The feeling of satisfaction driving something that you have built is unbelievable - sure this will be stunning when its finished

Ben have you measured Body vs Garage! ;)

I give you ooh 3 weeks to start "fiddling" with the factory spec!

4WD & 1 turbo/cylinder Ultima!

Yeah BABY!

Awsome!!

Looks great as barechassis!!!

Whats in the boxes???

Must be like Christmas morning?? LOL

Enjoy

Nice one, my first car was a Caterham Seven built at home with my dad, went on the road the day after my 18th birthday - it was hard work but great fun - a good five nights a week spent in the garage, even if it was only for 30 minutes.

The feeling of satisfaction driving something that you have built is unbelievable - sure this will be stunning when its finished

Andy,

That sounds great. As you the mentioned the buzz of drivnig something you have built is great. Very much looking forward to it!

Ben

Think your going to need to use the garage at work to build that mate lol

I wish... wouldn't mind using the 'Maybach' service area! :lol:

Ben have you measured Body vs Garage! ;)

I give you ooh 3 weeks to start "fiddling" with the factory spec!

4WD & 1 turbo/cylinder Ultima!

Yeah BABY!

Chassis fits, just.. not a lot of room to work on it but I will survive! After all I did a 4wd conversion using only axle stands once upon a time :lol:

The body will not fit! in fact the car when finished will be about 20cm wider than the garage! lol haha... I will figure out something when I get to fitting the wheels and body, in the meantime I can get quite a lot of stuff done as it is.

Engine wise... loving a NA LS7 with some mild tuning.. 560-600bhp, but there is alway the option of a LS1 with twin turbo ;-) haha.. not sure as off yet - will keep you posted!

Awsome!!

Looks great as barechassis!!!

Whats in the boxes???

Must be like Christmas morning?? LOL

Enjoy

It is like Christmas, but having to wait 3-4 months before opening the presents! I have an engine conversion to finish and I have a new corrado project to build first, before I make a start on the Ultima - although I bet I will have a tinker in the evenings after work! lol

The boxes are stages 1-6... basically, hubs, m/cyl's, pedal box, wishbones etc etc

do you have to supply your own engine with it?

just looking at this list

what doesn't that include?

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/gtr/prices.html

seems cheap

You have to source your own engine basically. Its your choice as to the spec you go for.

The basic kit consists of stages 1-17. This gets you about 2/3's of the way through the build but a lot of the parts are in the optional list, the 17 stages won't get you a running car! Far from it infact... Look at the extra's at the bottom of that page and you'll see the wheels are there, gearbox, wing mirrors etc etc.. Its a bit cheeky really but then again each owner can choose their own spec.

Ben

A w e s o m e!!

You gonna keep this thread going for the build or start an Ultima one?

Not sure yet. Think I will be doing a step by step write up on coupehaus.co.uk though.

Hi all.. its been a while!! I still read this forum but just don't post that often.. so I thought it was time for an update!

I don't really know why I did it but I sold the Ultima project on a few months ago. I think its cause I couldn't be bothered to go through another long build. So I got my thinking hat on and instead of investing the money ready to buy a house when they market hits rock bottom, I decided to buy another car!! :clap:

I present you with the new toy... not sure what I'm going to do with it (I'm thinking 1.8T and big turbo lads!!) but for the time being I'm just enjoying it.. handling is AMAZING.. although its not as quick as my old corrado its damn good fun!! and quick enough to get you into trouble, especially painted in orange!

Will be updating the website soon (coupehaus.co.uk). I haven't tinkered with it yet but just watch the site in coming weeks ;-)

Ben :D

Oh cracking stuff! I'd love one of those things... they're awesome little track weapons.

Very nice but i would have stuck with the Ultima dude, and how the hell do you fit in it :shrug: :scratch: :lol: