biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

wow! love them in lairy colours :luvlove:

I could have sworn you were the same height as me when i saw you at edition 38 last year... same as junkie said... how do you fit?... i couldnt fit in a series one elise when i tried last year... do the series 2's have more room?

Oh cracking stuff! I'd love one of those things... they're awesome little track weapons.

Seriously good fun.. and yes I bet they are pretty handy around a track... :)

Very nice but i would have stuck with the Ultima dude, and how the hell do you fit in it :shrug: :scratch: :lol:

:norty:

Well I'm 6Ft 3 and I fit no worries.. ok well actually my knee did touch the steering wheel but you can angle the foot which gives enough clearance.. answering mk3 yeti's question as well... basically the S2's have slightly more room and thinner ali chassis so you can get in and out ok with the right formula.. the ladies don't really like getting in and out of it though.. :nono:

Its really good fun, but dare I say it I can't stop thinking about how to mod it.. although half of me is saying sell it and buy an R34 GTR or a 996 Porker ???!!! Or shall I just save the pennies and stick a tuned 1.8T into the back of the exige?!

Lovely car but I wouldn't have thought a 1.8T would suit the cars manic nature, I'd have thought a supercharged VTEC lump would be more in keeping

Blimey, the Ultima didn't last long! I would have thought you would have built the chassis up and sold it on as a working car but I understand not wanting to have another big build.

I didn't realise Exiges could take a 20vT - does someone make conversion kits or something?

Lovely car but I wouldn't have thought a 1.8T would suit the cars manic nature, I'd have thought a supercharged VTEC lump would be more in keeping

Words from my mouth there! :nuts:

stick the 1.8t in it mate, i went out in a paul matty race spec exige with the 1.8t with a gt30 strapped onto it :shock: holy shitttte it was just awesome the 0-60 was approx 3.4 secs and it kept on pulling past 150mph, but over 150 it was starting to lift.

i will get the full spec/pics the next time i'm there.

Nah.. you need torque low down and these revvy engines annoy me as they have none!! Plus its all about a big turbo, not an asthmatic supercharger.. :ignore: :nuts:

Blimey, the Ultima didn't last long! I would have thought you would have built the chassis up and sold it on as a working car but I understand not wanting to have another big build.

I didn't realise Exiges could take a 20vT - does someone make conversion kits or something?

Ultima was a big project and I'm doing a few engine conversions for people, so just run out of time to do anything. 20vt is quite a common conversion for elises/exiges.. there is a company out there that does engine mounts etc for a 20vt conversion but tbh I'd just do it myself..

stick the 1.8t in it mate, i went out in a paul matty race spec exige with the 1.8t with a gt30 strapped onto it :shock: holy **** it was just awesome the 0-60 was approx 3.4 secs and it kept on pulling past 150mph, but over 150 it was starting to lift.

i will get the full spec/pics the next time i'm there.

Awesome mate.. send over the spec!! :D

Looks cracking mate - love the colour too! See you at the next n/r?

I'll be there next Wed buddy.. will bring the Exige along I think..

Ben, your mental... just plain mental.... :)

haha.. I know ;-)

Still have that 20vt corrado to send your way for an MOT.. must get on and finish it..

Nice one matey! You'll have to take me out for a spin in it!

I may actually have new discs on the front of the Leon by then as well! (how many months have I been saying that it needed them? :lol: )

Very nice dude!!!

Will be stonking with a turbo lump in it!

We'll see mate.. funds are tight at the mo and its a big gamble to put a 20vt into an expensive sports car.. but I have been know to do the odd mad thing to cars in my time.. so you never know ;-)

Phil, sorry about last night mate.. just couldn't be arsed with the cold weather :(

Ben

Very nice dude!!!

We'll see mate.. funds are tight at the mo and its a big gamble to put a 20vt into an expensive sports car.. but I have been know to do the odd mad thing to cars in my time.. so you never know ;-)

Ben

LOL - Think it will quite tame after what you did to your C!

Very nice dude!!!

Ben

LOL - Think it will quite tame after what you did to your C!

Haha.. yeah your prob right. I've actually decided to sell the Exige, too much funds tied up in it for my liking and don't want to get too caught out with how the market is going. And although its fast its not as fast as I would like it to have been. Handling is amazing but not enough get up and go in a line. So back to the drawing board. My problem is I need to tinker and I don't want to touch this car.

I need something that will scare me but really I should be saving for a house :( ... Boring

Ben,

Can't wait to see the Exige - def one of the cars on my list :D

Re house and Boring - yeah, I was always been told I could'nt live in a house when my friends were argueing this point with me.

Which I always replied 'Why not '? :lol:

Wendy

I need something that will scare me but really I should be saving for a house :( ... Boring

What you need sire is a motorbike!!!!

Ben,

Can't wait to see the Exige - def one of the cars on my list :D

Re house and Boring - yeah, I was always been told I could'nt live in a house when my friends were argueing this point with me.

Which I always replied 'Why not '? :lol:

Wendy

You'll see it on Sunday Wendy, be good to see you!

you have been going through cars like I change underwear lately :cuckoo:

Yeah well.. might as well do it while I can!

If only I liked motorbikes! I'm thinking a really lightweight mk1 golf might do the trick!

Cheap project...easy to work on.......mini? mate just picked one up for £70!

Got the urge for a lightweight mk1 with big bhp!!

If only I liked motorbikes! I'm thinking a really lightweight mk1 golf might do the trick!

Cheap project...easy to work on.......mini? mate just picked one up for £70!

I love my Mk1... If I didn't have a corrado project, I would retire the Mk1 from daily driver status

I'm thinking a really lightweight mk1 golf might do the trick!

I know a man with a MK1 rolling shell that's had all the rot repaired...... you could probably have it for buttons.

I'm thinking a really lightweight mk1 golf might do the trick!

I know a man with a MK1 rolling shell that's had all the rot repaired...... you could probably have it for buttons.

Don't tempt me.. :nono: but give him my number/email John if hes selling, might be interested if its not too much .. ! :norty: