Rams

Rotrex Charged Storm: She's Gone!

Sod qualife get a Wavetrac in fella and Racelogic traction control that Vince used to sell. I can vouch for the wavetrac awesome bit of kit as for the racelogic ive only heard good things

Need to do some up to date research on traction really, there no point having more in front wheel drive in my opinion as you can nail starts or get power down if the roads are slightly wet and torque steer is just major.

That gets worse with a Quaife. It doesn't help much with traction either tbh.

Racelogic is a good shout.

I've got a Wavetrac and Racelogic and traction was fine in the dry. Much like any FWD or RWD car with a lot of power, if you floor it round a corner, or in the wet, things are going to get a bit messy.

Power is nothing without control!?

Much like any FWD or RWD car with a lot of power, if you floor it round a corner, or in the wet, things are going to get a bit messy.

And 4WD!

TBH thats one of the reasons I think I sold mine on. Awesome fun and really felt you were wrestling with the car but at the end of the day the car was not designed to go those sort of speeds.

Thats why I went for something that was. I do think the Racelogic will help a lot though.

I find the traction in mine very good mine has a peloquin LSD but can see where coullstar is coming from regarding wrestling with car but they are awesome fun mine is supposed to be running 290bhp at the minute it certainly feels round about there but i would not be looking to try and get anymore as i find it has got enough at the mo i would love a B5 RS4 you are a lucky man.

Well, sounds like very good advise from you all, its new phase to start thinking about. I'm still a bit overwhelmed with it being back on the road.

If someone wants to take me out in their rado that has a LSD I'd really appreciate it. I have pondered over the 4 wheel drive setup but I'm just not sure.

I'm going to post up some pics of the new wheels I fitted today. It's now coming together.

Edited by Rams

Well, sounds like very good advise from you all, its new phase to start thinking about. I'm still a bit overwhelmed with it being back on the road.

If someone wants to take me out in their rado that has a LSD I'd really appreciate it. I have pondered over the 4 wheel drive setup but I'm just not sure.

I'm going to post up some pics of the new wheels I fitted today. It's now coming together.

I would Rams but you are a bit far away from me but when i say it grip's it really is amazingly grippy and that is me comparing it to an Xr4x4 running a 330bhp cosworth and i am struggling to separate the two!!.... If mine is genuinely running what i have been led to believe which i don't doubt then your's would be fine with a peloquin remember i am only running 16's with 205/45/16 tyre's.

Speaking of tyres, what do you think? Fitted them earlier today. I think the rears could come out a bit more, plenty of room or for the time being, put the 30mm spacers on rear and 25 on front. Currently they are the other way round.

I've already had someone come up to me to say how nice the wheels were and lip read a few people saying the same when looking at the car driving by so very chuffed.

Car needs another wash and the suspension adjusted a bit here and there. I want a nice stance but I don't want it slammed and a touch higher than I used to have it. I actually prefer something in the middle as the car drives so much nicer when it's not too low.

Edited by Rams

They look awesome ride height look's about right too as for spacer's with the C4S cab wheel's on mine it was 40mm at front and 30mm at back so you may be able to come out a bit further hard to tell from the angle of the pic's. What have you not modified or enhanced on this car look's very nice mate :salute:

The D90's will probably be up for sale soon if my friend doesn't want to borrow them... I just prefer the ride feeling on seventeens. So if anyone is interested keep an eye out on the for sale section. Will be including the adaptors too.

Have to check these events dates as I want to get organised and actually meet more like minded people as the people I've met through here have all turned out to be really decent people.

Looking forward to surprising a few cars that think they're all that! Must invest in the go pro video cam

Edited by Rams

Cheers chaps, just home now and I've enjoyed every minute of the drive home! When Vince finished he said take it for a spin, so I went down the road sensibly as there was traffic, pulled in, then back out onto a clear stretch of road, spun 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4 whilst trying to back off and it just felt like a new animal was born under there!

Obviously it was wet and roads were really slippery so haven't been able to use the power properly but tonight I'm going out to play.

Just so pleased with the noise and power but I need better traction. Fitting the RH's this weekend which should help transmit some of that power down over the sixteens.

This graph was Craig's and my graph as he said let's bring it up to compare things

Power curve looks good mate. As you say pretty much exactly the same as mine up until about 4.5k then yours creeps up slightly and has a stronger pull in the high revs where as mine levels off slightly. That'll be your larger charger and cams kicking in.

What torque did it make then mate, would've been good to see those compared too?

Might have to get me some cams ;) be interesting to see if my decat made a difference, imagine only a few bhp.

Wheels look spot on too buddy, really transform the car and finish it off, the d90s were nice but just not special enough! Hoping to get mine on soon, won't be as bling tho.

What tyre brand and sizes did you go for in the end mate? They're 8.5 wide aren't they?

Shame it was raining last night but well have to go for a decent drive soon, new forest or swanage or something. Hopefully get another mini meet together if we get some sun :)

I've heard about this race logic before but I thought it was more a gimmick but from the response here it seems highly rated, something worth considering?

Edited by Craig

Well done Rams, good solid result...really pleased it all came together for you!

Hi guys

I'm back up at Stealth Racing today, left at 6 am and steady journey up, not going over 3k revs.

Vince has been working his magic, the new MAF I fitted is working, the car was re mapped with the new MAF and produced 312 BHP. We then turned the meth injection on and he then had to re adjust the fuelling etc but were now at 332.4 BHP! Amazed!

He then stopped for lunch and said he will carry on with light throttle loads etc and do a final finish. I've taken a small video of one of the runs and will upload later.

Can't wait to drive it now!

Thanks Alex, also you were very much included in my thanks for 'help and advise along the way'. She's running the belt you supplied me! It felt more supple than the one I bought with the rest of the kit.

Just a bit gutted its rained all day.

Craig, I will collect the papers to check up on the torque but I'm running 205/40/17 continentals on 8.5 rims with 25 mm adaptors on rear and 30 on front currently. Really 30's all round will perhaps be the best for my setup.

If anyone wants to swap 30mm RH adaptors for my 25mm ones please give me a shout

---------- Post added at 5:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:35 PM ----------

You guys need to look at this video:

I best speak to Vince, thanks for putting the link up, I did see it a while ago and have been looking at the wavetrac LSD and they are approx 900 dollars. I've taken on board that Quaife is not the best route and to get the gear box out isn't too bad a job and at the same time I can either do the G60 final drive or just make sure all gearing is in good condition before re fitting it all and put in a stronger clutch.

would anyone know if the Racelogic can be fitted with the gearbox in situ?

Yes it can be installed with the gearbox in, it's only electrical connections into the loom that are required to connect it, plus mounting the module. Ask Vince to see if he can still get them at a reasonable rate.

Matt

I would imagine in addition sean but then it doesn't say if the car's in the stealth vid have lsd or not. I have no issues with getting power down but after watching that vid i know i don't get away like that c with the racelogic.

Happy to have been of help bud !

You've taken your time and built it up properly and I think it shows at the end of the day...should be a shed load of fun when the good weather arrives.

Look forward to seeing this 'beast' in person one day!

Alex.

Thanks Alex, also you were very much included in my thanks for 'help and advise along the way'. She's running the belt you supplied me! It felt more supple than the one I bought with the rest of the kit.

Just a bit gutted its rained all day.

Craig, I will collect the papers to check up on the torque but I'm running 205/40/17 continentals on 8.5 rims with 25 mm adaptors on rear and 30 on front currently. Really 30's all round will perhaps be the best for my setup.

Uploaded one of the dyno runs to youtube under 'Supercharged VR6 Corrado Storm' with some spitting little flames at the end. End result 332.4 BHP @ 6562 RPM and 274.1 1b ft @ 5064 RPM.

It's like I've got a new car, loving it right now

Lol, It really is a pleasure to drive, even when your not planting it and just gradually building speed it just feels so different and don't need to shift down either it just picks up and away she goes.

I'm sure if I went short runner and charge cooler the throttle response would be even better! It's got to be my next purchase- I'm addicted!!

My little meet that I organised went down well, feeling ever more inspired after seeing the likes of Harrier and Sub cools cars that I have to finish getting all the interior back in and to take care of some niggy bits. Cogitating about putting handles back in and I think I will find a black plastic number plate surround. After debating, I think they look nicer not colour coded.

I'm also thinking about getting an american front bumper as im not happy with how my repeaters are just stuck on top and it doesnt look smart so either a proper job insetting them or finding a US bumper and doing it properly. I may even make them day light running lamps which would change with indication to blink?? I like the low down flash in the bumper so I want to retain this mod but just make it smarter. I intend to keep everything else smooth but if I delete the handles I think I will go for Audi ones. You have to try these things to know what you like. My good friend Kev will see if he can get the poppers working better than they are first. Driver side is ok but passenger side is not. It still opens but you have to struggle a bit getting you fingers in without scratching the paint with your nails and its ****ing me off to be honest. All that money spent and I can't even open the door properly!

Edited by Rams

New ride height, swapped the front spacers for rear and bought a load of different trim screws I was missing and the bonnet prop round black rubber to stop the prop fowling the slam. Few bits still to arrive from TPS but had a sit down in there office and went thought them all to see what's available and what's obsolete. Need some extra bits which VW Herritage show as in stock.

I also had a spare VW badge which I have colour coded, had some rattle can spray made up and will use this to take care of some some chips by applying some paint in a dish and dabbing on with one of those tiny brushes.

Edited by Rams

Looks awesome, I remember wanting a set of those wheels for mine years ago! I'm constantly toying with the idea of upping the power on mine, but the only place I can see who sell Rotrex kits are Storm Developments and the prices aren't pretty! Guess I'll keep browsing ebay and the classifieds...

Nick