Sign in to follow this  
UseOnceDestroy

My VR6's makeover ...

looking good fella liking the inpro lighting up front (just like mine :D) where has it been and what have you had done ???

paint looks lovely mate you must be very happy :D not a fan of the exhaust either but im loving the mirrors! 8)

I'm not really a fan of the exhaust either to be honest, bought it with it on and it's pretty low on my 'to do' list ... it works, it sounds good ... I'll get round to it eventually :lol: I'd like to get coilovers, some new rims and pull the arches ... but I'm unsure whether to do this before I start improving performance ... :shrug:

I took it to a body shop near me in Christchurch called Kustom Kolors ... They've done a great job, brilliant lads there.

Work done ...

Bonnet washers smoothed, Mk4 washers under lip of bonnet.

De-badged and colour coded (if you didnt notice :wink: ) ...

Swaj lines removed from front bumper

Side repeaters shaved and American spec installed into front bumper

Audi A3 handles ... (had to install door solenoids as air powered central locking couldn't hack it)

New wing mirrors ... think I'll keep you guessing on that one :lol: ... prize to the winner

Rear badges smoothed, swaj lines smoothed

Towing eye removed, rear bumper swaj lines smoothed

Boot lock removed, solenoid installed

Audi TT wiper conversion

And obviously the inpro lighting, fucking nightmare they caused me!! Even now, I've had to bodge the adjusters in as they don't fit in properly!

Really happy with it although its due back in ... the day after I picked it up ... some cunt REVERSED into me!! Front end needs spraying again :( For weeks after I shunted my front end, I was praying someone would knock into me so I could use their insurance ... then I get it back ... and my prayers are answered!! hahaha

I wasn't the calmest person on the planet at that point believe me, i thought I was going to rip the hinges off his door I opened it so hard!!

Well done waynos, you can collect your prize here ... http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af1/ ... /cerif.jpg ... I hope this is reward enough for your superb automotive knowledge, you can print it and pin it to your wall :D

Cheers for all your feedback, like to hear it, good or bad ... It's all down to personal choice at the end of the day

nice new avatar pic mate :grin:

Aw shucks :camp: :lol:

I want your doors!!! look real nice, what are they like for operation? easy/smooth?

Door handles are great, smooth and easy ... great action if you like ...

Only problem I had was I had to replace the factory air powered central locking and replace it with a couple of solenoids, the air couldn't hack the strength of the new handles. I bought cheap originally and they both broke within a day ... so I was crawling through my boot! Bought better ones second time round and no problems yet ... fingers crossed

Really happy with it although its due back in ... the day after I picked it up ... some chav REVERSED into me!! Front end needs spraying again :( For weeks after I shunted my front end, I was praying someone would knock into me so I could use their insurance ... then I get it back ... and my prayers are answered!! hahaha

Courtesy of The Car Lounge:

http://www.abload.de/img/fuuucrashocvk.jpg (posted as a link cos the forum says it's too big :p )

:lol:

Your 'rado looks fab :) I love the mirrors and Audi handles - they clean the lines up really nicely 8)

worth it.... definately

much better than the original handles, can you tell us what it cost you all in for the handles, solenoids and bodywork to the doors?

I bought 2 Audi A3 doors ... for £160 ... Solenoids from a mate at £10 each (It's worth buying decent ones, my cheap ones broke after a day!) ... Welding and spraying ... at a guess, because I had other work done. Maybe £250 - £300 per door?

So a total of around £800 at a guess ... It all depends on who you know, if you get lucky with parts ... and if they do a decent job!

Sorry I can't be more exact mate but they quoted me for everything

Hello mate,i had some work done there couple of years ago 2 get rid of a bit of rust,but couple of months later it came back.not sure if i should go back really. was thinkin of smoothin off the front bumper and losin the front plate