daves16v

Black Metallic VR - SOLD!

Great stuff Dave

Replaced rusty spoiler screws with polished Stainless, you do have to grind the heads down on a standard screw by about half.

Did this also the other day - though ordered the low head profile screws (to match existing) in stainless, cause wanted to retain the lettering on the bolt head..lol ( ordered a few so have some spare, will drop a couple in post for you).

Amazing how sometimes even the littlest things give great satisfaction.

Good work, what is the hose diameter needed?

And… Storm Guy, where are the screws available from?

4.7mm inside diameter and about 6.5 outside, just done mine too!

'Spoiler Screws' - Ebay

HTH.

Stock OE are M6 x 14mm, ordered 16mm and ground down the 2mm (IIRC 16 did fit however).

After purchasing the Bilstein B12 kit a few weeks back I've finally managed to get them on, well to the point where I was happy and the alignment done. I say this as I wasn't happy at all with the rear ride height so off with the rears and 25mm cut off the bump stops. This itself improved the ride some more. Good thing the rears are an easy job.

IMG-20140609-WA0000_zps0ef13916.jpg

Took the car down to the 4 wheel alignment centre this morning and bonus they didn't have to touch the camber as I'd somehow set it up spot on or there abouts, £20 quid saved there. The Toe did need adjustment. Apologies for the poor phone pic, I was shooting into the Sun. Anyway I'm happy with the ride height now.

20140712_115501_zps10eb9a28.jpg

So I guess you want to know how it rides? I haven't given it a good run through the twisties yet, just town driving but I have to say the ride quality is excellent, not crashy or bone crushingly hard at all. So far I'm really pleased with them, my main concern before buying these was the ride height as I'd been burnt before with fixed height suspension.

Looks good, Dave! Be interested to hear how you get on with them over the coming months.

I'm hoping to get the B12 kit to replace the horrible Pro Sport coilovers on my Raddo and, although ride quality and handling are the absolute priorities, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bothered about how the car is going to sit.

Chuffed to see this as that ride height looks spot on :thumbleft:

Edited by Ferosferio

Took a trip up to Bakewell for the Dub Fiction show today but only had a few chances to test it through the twisties, seems very well planted. Will drag it out for more testing in the next few weeks.

These photos were taken at Sunday's mini meet in Peterborough so by now I expect the ride hight to have settled, my car is M97.

20141207_152030_zps3616084e.jpg

20141207_152056_zpsb8e910c2.jpg

I hadn't driven a Rado with standard suspension for years but after driving Sean_Jaymo's VR with a standard set-up at the meet I can confirm that the B12 kit is noticeably firmer but I did expect it to be.

I'm happy with the ride quality but people's opinion on suspension will vary a lot. My advice would be to try before you buy if you can, I didn't but my VR isn't a daily driver so it wasn't quite so important. You're more than welcome to take mine out for a test drive if you're anywhere near Notts/Derby.

I think this is the suspension I'm going to get. I'd gotten used to the comedy ride height on standard suspension until I see it next to another Corrado!

I'd also happily recommend the B12 Pro Kit after having it on for around 8 months now. It coped beautifully with all the flowing roads and sharp bends around Wales in September on our CCGB road trip!

Ian.

Ride height looks perfect and I had Bilstein shocks on my 16v Corrado for 3 years and many miles without bother.

Which of the two kits on this page is correct? At €600 or £474 delivered, they are suspiciously cheap and I'm wondering why the same kit fits all models?

http://www.im-tuning.de/AUTOTEILE/Fahrwerk/Sportfahrwerke/Volkswagen/Corrado:::1_366_784_885_1457.html

One is for Base suspension and the other is for Plus suspension. Generally speaking all vr6's and late cars with 5 stud hubs are plus, the rest are Base cars.

Sean_Jaymo

Thanks for that. Which one is the "Plus" setup?

Art.Nr.: E90-85-033-01-22

or

Art.Nr.: E90-85-033-02-22

Nevermind. Got it. E90-85-033-02-22 - "nur für Fahrzeuge mit Plusachse" Only for vehicle with Plus axle.

Thanks again, these are a steal!

After seeing the Golf Mk4 handbrake conversion done on the Corrado I decided it would be one of my next upgrades so here it is.

Modifications required to fit are -

1) Slot the front bracket mounting to allow central fitment.

2) Bend the rear bracket to align with the stud. Trim steel away from this bracket to allow the plastic trim to sit over.

3) Add a third mounting point for the extra bracket. I drilled and tapped the floor to accept an M8 bolt, seems to hold fairly well even though the floor isn't particularly thick.

4) The dash light switch is different on the mk4 handbrake and the connector is different too so I redrilled the mounting point for the Corrado switch and removed a small section of steel for the clip to fit to. This on its own wasn't quite enough to keep the switch from twisting slightly when the handbrake was lowered so I add an M3 bolt to keep it from twisting.

5) There is quite a bit of trimming needed to re-fit the 2 plastic trims.

6) The handbrake handle doesn't quite sit fully down due to interference with the plastic trim but it's not much short. I may try to improve this later but would need more cutting of the plastic trim so I may modify the lower stop position on the handbrake mech.

20141223_145906_zps626a46bb.jpg

20141223_150925_zpsc5796e21.jpg

20141223_142318_zps4df2c862.jpg

20141224_154440_zps670c17d7.jpg