Loving the oven baked goodness! :lol:

IMO you should leave the rubbing strips off, but source some US spec side repeaters, those wings look too good smooth to start putting holes back into them... 8)

:clap: Its all back together, few little niggles but seem to be sorted now. Downpipe is not 100% matching the turbo v-band but seem to be ok. Coolant seem to be circulating fine. Went for a little drive and all seems well, its a lot smoother than before and sounds evil and that was with on light throttle. Will get some more miles in tomorrow night to make sure all is ok for meeting up with Wendy etc on Thr. One thing I was thinking about is do I have to "run in" the turbo? Never seen anything about this but thought Id just ask.

Nice skills mate :) You must be glad it's all come back together OK :)

Took it for a decent run tonight and turned the boost down a little to around 12psi. Still not pushing it but everything seems fine. No oil or coolant leaks but by christ does that silicon spray stink to start with. It does say cure to 400F on the tin so my oven didnt quite do it. It smokes like a bastard to start with as well but thats all gone now. Water temps dont seem to have risen that much and they soon come right down when on the move.

Will do some more miles tomorrow just to check its all ok but Im like a pig in shit at the moment :lol:. Really want to get it on the rollers now to get it running just under 400bhp.

Took some photos last night after giving the car a clean. Major fubar today which Im not happy about, not saying anymore till a few phone calls are made tomorrow.

hope its not serious.. as said in the other thread, the car looks really really good - with the wheels it cant help but remind you of an seriously upmarket integrale these days, hope you take that as the compliment its intended to be.

Sorry to hear you're having more grief. Let us know what's going on when you're able to do so :(

Cheers mate, its a compliment alright as the Integrale is one of my all time favourite cars. Just one of these things, isnt my fault as far as I can see. One step forward and two steps back as they say.

looking very nice , stick with it ,[thats rich comin from me :lol: ] im always moanin bout mine !, it just seems different when someone else has probs n you want em to keep there chin up. keep goin mate :)

looks mint mate, love the wheels more than i did when you first got em, think they just fit so well now.. hope whatever has happened isnt too serious!

Well the issue is now sorted. Basically the restrictor fitting I was supplied had not been drilled all the way through. You can imagine what that did to the turbo. In hindsight I should have checked everything before it went on but to be honest I never would have thought something as simple as that could be manufactured wrong.

Little battle with the supplier but they came good this week and have paid for the repair. Just recieved the turbo back. Full new core needed. New paper weight shown below.

nightmare! but glad they came good for you though, rough with the smooth and all that..

:crazyeyes: wtf

at least its getting sorted bud, the motor is looking well nice on them rims!! how you finding the VRT then when its running nice, loving it i suppose :grin:

Aye its good, only managed about 4-500mile in it so far. Thats the turbo back today from AET. Should get it fitted this weekend. Double and triple checking everything before it goes on.

just goes to show you how good these turbo's are, that was about 140miles with zero oil :shock: .

have fun putting it all together?? IF i get another corrado these wheels will be getting put on mine. i love them 8)

Was this the new 35R you fitted not long ago? I missed that.

That's some rotten luck with the oil restrictor. I actually held mine up to the light when I got it as I couldn't feel anything when blowing through it. Glad I did that now :? Who supplied the restrictor?

The 35R is a tank, you won't get any problems from it at all, when adequately oiled obviously!

Yep, brand new turbo gone in less than 150miles. You can imagine my reaction when I first took the airfilter off and saw the damage. I almost cried to be honest then as soon as the oil return pipe came off and it was dry I knew something was not right.

It was all through GT3turbo and to be fair to the guy he was good at getting the money back. Not all of it mind you. He even asked if I wanted a replacement restrictor from them, you can imagine my response!!!

Yep, brand new turbo gone in less than 150miles. You can imagine my reaction when I first took the airfilter off and saw the damage. I almost cried to be honest then as soon as the oil return pipe came off and it was dry I knew something was not right.

It was all through GT3turbo and to be fair to the guy he was good at getting the money back. Not all of it mind you. He even asked if I wanted a replacement restrictor from them, you can imagine my response!!!

Jesus, I really hope you don't get the same run of crappy luck I got during the early days of mine. I lost an engine block AND a turbo through no fault of my own, so I know only too well of the stomach churning feelings when you see bits of metal broken off turbo blades :(

My replacement turbo (a GT3076R) for the shredded one wasn't assembled properly by ATP and had to go back, which leads me onto GT3Turbo. They are basically a UK importer for ATP but ATP themselves are arseholes quite frankly. They only partially refunded me as you've described. So it cost me £200 to send back to them and ATP would only refund me £500 (on a £1000 turbo). They are absolute bastards, so be very careful with GT3Turbo stuff. Not that they are bad themselves, but because they have to abide by ATP's returns / restocking rules.

Grrrr.... I'd forgotten about all that but your incident has reminded me of it and got me all fired up again :mad2: LOL! :lol:

Well this car is trying to kill me :lol: . Got my hard oil return line tonight and decided to have a go at fitting. Got everything on and started the car up, no issues :clap: . Went for a wee run to get some petrol. Pushed it a little and popped the intercooler pipe. Limped home and fixed it. Went out on the duller and just as full boost came in there was an almighty bang from under the bonnet. Car cut out and I coasted to petrol station. The pipe from the intercooler to throttle body had blown of this time. Got it back on and went up the road about 200yds before realising the car wouldnt idle lower than 1500rpm and the brakes were solid :( .

After 10min I managed to find another vacum hose that must have been pulled out and when connected it idled perfectly. Decided to turn for home and noticed I was only getting 5psi boost. Stopped again and found a hose going to the dump valve had been pulled out. All seems well now but I think Ive lost a few years of my life when the throttle body pipe popped of as it was an almighty bang.

Hopefully this is the end of my bad luck and I can get on with enjoying the beast.

Blimey mate thats a run of bad luck there. Puts me running my oz alloy into the curb tonight into perspective!

Hope it comes together soon so that you can get on with enjoying it 8)

I think thats it now, it been good though as Ive learnt a lot about the car. Will run it over the next few days and see what like. Th first spool up of the turbo made it all worthwhile, I still laugh like a little kid when it comes in.