Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

TOP GEAR - last of the series this week

Caught up now and really enjoyed Sunday's show... the motorhome segment was classic TG, and I thoroughly enjoyed it apart from the fire and falling off a cliff crap! :)

I really enjoyed it too, but also felt it was quite rehashed from a few other shows. You obviously can't help but draw a parallel with the caravan episode with the fire and the Alfa ep when he "rolled" his car at the track. It was convenient how they managed to get hold of a crane at such short notice to put the caravan back on its wheels. Of course, if he had been asleep in it at the time, that's a good 20 foot fall and he would have been injured in some way, duff old git that he is.

Hammond's effort was awesome. 8)

Tom Cruise standing next to Clarkson should be pretty hilarious.

Fleet services was in it!!!!!!!

thats right behimd my house!!!!

I'M FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cameron Diaz is my girl...or would be if she ever bothered to turn up at my pub.

put in ''2fm Gift Grub Tom Cruise'' into youtube....v.funny :lol:

there just audio clips but still a hoot :lol:

On tonights show...

Hammond drives a Toerag against some snowmobilers; May does another Bugatti high speed run, this time in the supersport; and Clarkson takes a look back at Ayrton Senna who would have turned 50 this year.

I wonder how many inches of heel Tom Cruise will be wearing?

I can just tell the snowmobiles / toureg bit will be utterly pants. Looking forward to seeing the new Veyron very much though... they said the 1,000BHP Veyron was a concorde moment and that it wouldn't happen again - and then Bugatti go stick another 200BHP on the existing one and make it even quicker. Guess Top Gear were wrong then :D

I'm really losing the love with the latest series :( Never, ever thought I'd say that, but it just feels so tired and contrived. Would like it to go back to it's roots a bit more, along with some fun stuff. I actually forgot it was on last week :shock: Watched it later on iplayer, but didn't particularly enjoy it.

On tonights show...

Hammond drives a Toerag against some snowmobilers; May does another Bugatti high speed run, this time in the supersport; and Clarkson takes a look back at Ayrton Senna who would have turned 50 this year.

I wonder how many inches of heel Tom Cruise will be wearing?

wouldnt it be better if they swapped about a bit? like May (or even Clarkson?) driving the toerag (instead of it resembling when hammond drove a 4x4 against that thing that looked like a snowmobile that went across the water not so long ago) and hammond driving the bugatti and comparing it to the dragster for example :) (instead of it resembling when may drove the veyron last time as you say)..?

apparently Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz are stars in the car on this Sundays show. Has she been on it before? Maybe its the tall skinny blonde comparison to Jodie Kidd but I can see her being pretty quick!

I can't... I think she's a Prius driver. Tom Cruise though.. isn't he a Brabus customer? :)

ok, so Cruise beat her but she still beat the crap out of everyone else!

Not bad, not bad.... can't believe it's already the final episode of the series next Sunday! :|

Easily the best episode in recent years!

Really enjoyed that!

Ye know I thought exactly that just as the tribute to Senna finished, very moving.

But its one of those episodes that in recent series hasn't stuck out, this is one that you will remember without a doubt. Kudos to TG for this one! :)

Started poorly, got better. Surprised to see the Bugatti going round the track considering how long it took them to get the original. The Senna piece was great.

Great piece on Senna......love watching all that old footage with driver insights and stories !!

Love the bit when Coulthard compared Senna's dedication to Mansell when after a practice session Mansell would go for a round of golf ..... :lol: brilliant !!

Senna's drive in the wet @ Donnington was and still is amazing - Such a tragedy to lose his life when he did.

Ian.

yep, was a good episode, enjoyed this one a lot, wasn't really going to bother after last weeks.

Loved the F1 turbo too.

:lol:

Yeh, finished on Friday 8)

Good, I'll have to pop over and look at your new C sometime?

Ian.

Yep- give me a call :)

The Farther inlaw came in earler today & told me that he herd Top Gear were thinking of axing Clarkson, Hammond & May next year for a younger group of presenters?!

He say's Top Gear are running out of things to do & need better idea's.

Has any body else heard about this.

Plz say it's not true. :confused4:

Loved the F1 turbo too.

Wanted to see more of that engine! 1200hp in a kart with fairing :cuckoo: :lol: The things were fish tailing constantly throughout the race! Well, in Senna's hands at least, what a guy. :salute:

The Farther inlaw came in earler today & told me that he herd Top Gear were thinking of axing Clarkson, Hammond & May next year for a younger group of presenters?!

He say's Top Gear are running out of things to do & need better idea's.

Has any body else heard about this.

Plz say it's not true. :confused4:

Publicity stunt probably.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/turbocharged-engines-in-formula-one-18108.html

In 1983, all the major players in the series were using turbocharged units, whereas a few years ago everyone was laughing at them. From the 15 rounds on the Formula One schedule, Tyrrell's Michele Alboreto managed to win a single (and last) race with a normally aspirated powerplant. Needless to say, in a matter of years, the engine power skyrocketed inside the series, reaching an enormous 1300 to 1400 bhp in qualifying and approximately 1100 bhp in the race.

Some of you might wonder how did the engine block resist to such immense detonation inside the combustion chamber. This may not be the answer you were looking for – and most of you might not believe it – but it seems BMW was in fact using seasoned inline 4 cylinder blocks – picked up from several junkyards – for their F1 operations. The interesting part about it was that the blocks were kept out in the cold and urinated upon in order to strengthen their composition.

While some may laugh at this strange solution by the German manufacturer, the urinating process is based on nitridization (a process which introduces nitrogen into the surface of a material and is widely used in automotive, mechanical and aeronautical engineering, having the property of a case hardening treatment of predominantly steel but also for titanium, aluminium and molybdenum). Why are we talking about nitridization? Because urine seems to contain numerous waste compounds, many rich in nitrogen. We can't yet figure out how the German engineers found this particular method to strengthen the cylinder blocks – and not use a more technological measure – but it makes for some interesting stories to tell out grandsons.

LOL, I think p1ssing on the engine blocks is a myth BMW engineers use to wind people up with, but it's true their 1500hp F1 engine was indeed based on the humble M10 lump out an E30 3 Series! But reduced to 1500cc with a monster blower attached.