Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

TOP GEAR - last of the series this week

Its back boys and girls :clap: There's another tea party with a brand new reasonably priced car, Jeremy looks at 3-wheelers and James gives the Hilux one more challenge.

I'm glad its back, but they're not exactly pushing original ideas any more. :(

EDIT - want a monthly TV guide for new shows? Go here and click on the orange link "add shows to your filter" to choose from a lot of new and currently airing programs. Useful if you are a torrent user and just generally helpful for reminders!

I'm still holding out for the buy-an-early-to-mid-nineties-sports-coupe-for-a-grand challenge :wink:.

What season will this be, Out of country at the moment, last saw season14 how many have I missed?

What season will this be, Out of country at the moment, last saw season14 how many have I missed?

Season 15 dude so you haven't missed any.

I'm still holding out for the buy-an-early-to-mid-nineties-sports-coupe-for-a-grand challenge :wink:.

I spoke to one of their researchers (or something) on email once and they said they liked the Corrado too much to submit it to a challenge where they wreck em at the end... which is always a relief :)

[youtube:3beyyvde] [/youtube:3beyyvde]

Oscar was having a nice nap till 2 loonies started screeming like a couple of girlies! :lol:

tho to be fair i would have done the same! :tongue:

[youtube:1nhaq82e] [/youtube:1nhaq82e]

Have you seen they're now using this as an advert for Top Gear on the BBC?

cheers the dude i nearly forgot and missed it top lad :D

Not a bad start. I won't lie when I say I almost peed myself laughing several times on the Reliant Robin segment.. yes it's staged, but it did make me laugh a lot :)

Not a bad start. I won't lie when I say I almost peed myself laughing several times on the Reliant Robin segment.. yes it's staged, but it did make me laugh a lot :)

Me too, absolutley hilarious :lol:

Thought the Volcano bit was pretty impressive too.

Yeah the first time he rolled it, my missus was genuinely shocked!! But looking at the gradient of the hill and the speed he was going, it was clear what was coming :lol:

Is it me or are TG getting a bit risque in their old age? Clarkson being allowed to slide along the tarmac with only a thin bit of fibgre glass protecting him and May picking up bits of 1200 degree molten lava!? I know Clarkson likes doing his own stunts, so that defo was him driving it, but I'm not sure about the lava bit.... it seemed a little too relaxed to me.

It's a great show as always though!

Yeah the first time he rolled it, my missus was genuinely shocked!! But looking at the gradient of the hill and the speed he was going, it was clear what was coming :lol:

Is it me or are TG getting a bit risque in their old age? Clarkson being allowed to slide along the tarmac with only a thin bit of fibgre glass protecting him and May picking up bits of 1200 degree molten lava!? I know Clarkson likes doing his own stunts, so that defo was him driving it, but I'm not sure about the lava bit.... it seemed a little too relaxed to me.

Thats what I like about it, the health and saftey police havent ruined it.

Good start to the series, lets hope they keep it up. :clap:

That's what puzzles me! The Beeb are usually exceptionally anal about H&S and I'm amazed TG is let off the hook. Or maybe the Beeb have finally realised that TG attracts so many viewers that bringing down the H&S Anvil would ruin the show and scare the punters off....

They had fitted a roll cage to that Reliant, if you look carefully at the A post trim you can see a tube structure that has been fairly well hidden.

I also suspect that despite the apparent camera angle there was another car a lot closer to May than the camera crew.

It was a good start to the series, the reliant robin bit was hilarious. And everyone knows its staged but it was extremely funny seeing a reliant robin sliding upside down anyway

That's what puzzles me! The Beeb are usually exceptionally anal about H&S and I'm amazed TG is let off the hook. Or maybe the Beeb have finally realised that TG attracts so many viewers that bringing down the H&S Anvil would ruin the show and scare the punters off....

There was a story in the paper last week to the effect that the BBC Health & Safety had banned TG from feeding any of the BBQ food to any of the celebrities. I think that's why there were custard creams doing the rounds.

So despite doing almost a complete re-run of the "new reasonably priced car at the track day 1" item from 3 years ago it wasn't a bad episode. I also liked the Reliant item. The gag where Clarkson had a map of the whole of Europe and then said he was driving from Rotherham to Darlington did make me smile.

There was a story in the paper last week to the effect that the BBC Health & Safety had banned TG from feeding any of the BBQ food to any of the celebrities. I think that's why there were custard creams doing the rounds.

So despite doing almost a complete re-run of the "new reasonably priced car at the track day 1" item from 3 years ago it wasn't a bad episode. I also liked the Reliant item. The gag where Clarkson had a map of the whole of Europe and then said he was driving from Rotherham to Darlington did make me smile.

The barbeque was hilarious, the grill resting on the coals at an angle with a whole cauliflower thrown on :D I really should get the box sets as I easily forget the little gems like that and the map!