Sign in to follow this  
Dragon666

Whats the best part of having a v6 rado

Same here again, if i had the money or know how i would Vr mine, having said that, ive reduced the price as much as i believe is reasonable and have still not seen much interest so i might end up keeping it if its still about in a couple of weeks.

Selling rado's at anything other than 'underpriced' is such an annoyance.

Be patience my friend! :D

mmmmm but why is this ? not sayin i check out ebay or pistonheads but for instance have you seen prices of audi quatro's? alot of them are stupid money.rado's a very cool motors ,so why the low price?. lets hope that the new series of ashes to ashes when set in the 90's ,the c is used !.

dont worry - times are bad for prcing at the moment for the rado. But it wont stay that way forever and prices and values WILL go up. Dont lose hope.

Oh and yes i do agree about the BMC induction roar. Love it. get it in a tunnel and step on the loud pedal!

I'm always amazed at how many hot girls panties fall to the floor when they see and hear my VR drive by :norty:

I actually just had to go out for a drive on such a perfect evening, just to remind myself of why I love the VR so much!

It's the smile it brings to my face when I drive it, especially when nothing is broken and everything is sweet like today - Doesn't seem to happen all too often! - But when it does, it's all so worth it :D

Sounds superb mate well i will sell my soul to get one v6s are obviously awesome but there good engines ive heard :notworthy:

Having previously 16v's and a G60 and now finally having a VR6 to compare directly alongside a 16v, the things that stand out for me are:

* Smoothness. Folks often say that the OBD1 VR is a little unrefined compared to OBD2 and more modern 24v's but compared to the 2.0 16v they're leagues ahead. Nice smooth power delivery, and effortless through the gears.

* The sound. Yeah, it is awesome compared to the valver. But at lower revs it's lovely and quiet as well with just a hint of the grunt lurking beneath. So great off-song, and great on-song.

* Longer gears, more torque at lower revs. This for me makes the biggest difference. I'm changing gear far less often. I can pootle round in 5th at 30MPH and still accelerate no problems. It's much better.

* Feels more steady / planted at speed. My valver at 80MPH on the motorway feels a little uncertain. The VR feels right at home. Can't put my finger exactly on why / what, but it just does.

* No worse fuel economy. I guess bigger engine (less effort to do the same speeds) and more modern design helps here, but I don't find the VR6 to be any more thirsty than my valver. Less thirsty in fact!

Not in a hurry to sell the valver - it still has its charms. But the VR is just significantly better in all areas.. except that the valver is cheaper to fix when it breaks :) :)

Reading this thread has made me miss owning a Corrado so much, Jim your post especially - I remember when I first got mine and was in 5th gear doing 30, (I had just come out of a Mk2 8v GTi which have plenty of grunt in 5th at 30) and floored it - the way it picked up was awesome.

It made me smile and then I felt happy.

I have a 1 year old A3 Sportback now - 1.8T 160bhp 7.7 secs to 60 - tops out 140 I think, with the S tronic box - don't get me wrong it's a nice motor, quite poky low down (that'll be the turbot) but, not once has it given me enjoyment comparable to a Corrado VR6.

I fecking love VR 'rados. :D

they sound so perfect i can imagine just u the car the road and cruisin ya wouldnt need a stereo the music of the engine speaks for itself :luvlove: i so cant wait til i get one when mine sells when that is :(

I have been driving mine for three weeks and it was only yesterday when i remembered i have a radio! :D

Lol, i sometimes find myself driving along and then realising i have got some utter garbage song i absolutely hate blasting out through the radio without realising

when i drive my mates VR i sometimes wonder why i wanted forced induction so much... i could handle driving a corrado VR6 for the rest of my life

when i drive my mates VR i sometimes wonder why i wanted forced induction so much... i could handle driving a corrado VR6 for the rest of my life

Same here, I wanted 300bhp so much and now I have it I spend my life controlling wheelspin, the standard car is so good as it is (apart from the brakes and ride height)

Same here, I wanted 300bhp so much and now I have it I spend my life controlling wheelspin, the standard car is so good as it is (apart from the brakes and ride height)

good call, get a wicked pair of coilovers, rear ARB, big brakes and polished mint paint = heaven...

(until you race a type r) :lol:

I need one. Desperately. Going to resort to sniffing cocaine if I don't get one soon. NEED A VR.....

Lolz

it's funny a mate bought a rado and I realized how much I like em etc so I bought a valver to fulfil my needs... Now, just as I was soo desperate for a rado 2 yrs ago (19 at the time) I am bloody gaggin for a vr... Like it's really bad lol. I dreamt about one last night. No joke lol

I have a 1 year old A3 Sportback now - 1.8T 160bhp 7.7 secs to 60 - tops out 140 I think, with the S tronic box - don't get me wrong it's a nice motor, quite poky low down (that'll be the turbot) but, not once has it given me enjoyment comparable to a Corrado VR6.

Same with me and the Leon 1.8T. It's a good car - handles ok and goes really well but it doesn't excite or feel special like the Rado does.

Having previously 16v's and a G60 and now finally having a VR6 to compare directly alongside a 16v, the things that stand out for me are:

* Smoothness. Folks often say that the OBD1 VR is a little unrefined compared to OBD2 and more modern 24v's but compared to the 2.0 16v they're leagues ahead. Nice smooth power delivery, and effortless through the gears.

* The sound. Yeah, it is awesome compared to the valver. But at lower revs it's lovely and quiet as well with just a hint of the grunt lurking beneath. So great off-song, and great on-song.

* Longer gears, more torque at lower revs. This for me makes the biggest difference. I'm changing gear far less often. I can pootle round in 5th at 30MPH and still accelerate no problems. It's much better.

* Feels more steady / planted at speed. My valver at 80MPH on the motorway feels a little uncertain. The VR feels right at home. Can't put my finger exactly on why / what, but it just does.

* No worse fuel economy. I guess bigger engine (less effort to do the same speeds) and more modern design helps here, but I don't find the VR6 to be any more thirsty than my valver. Less thirsty in fact!

Not in a hurry to sell the valver - it still has its charms. But the VR is just significantly better in all areas.. except that the valver is cheaper to fix when it breaks :) :)

i agree with Jim on all the above, never owned a G60, would love to (in nugget yellow with black leather lol) i did have two valver's before but golfs which are near the same, I have driven dave dewsons 16 Valver rado, i would have to say the valvers are more chuckable through the corners due to not having such a heavy front nose apart from that for me the VR's are all ++++++++'s BUT would people swap there Rado VR's for a golf R32??????

i agree with Jim on all the above, never owned a G60, would love to (in nugget yellow with black leather lol) i did have two valver's before but golfs which are near the same, I have driven dave dewsons 16 Valver rado, i would have to say the valvers are more chuckable through the corners due to not having such a heavy front nose apart from that for me the VR's are all ++++++++'s BUT would people swap there Rado VR's for a golf R32??????

I did (mk4 R32) although I still have the VR and it's definitely a 'nicer' car but just doesn't have the looks that the VR does. Ticks every other box that the C does though.

yes i agree with you i think the VR is a better lookin car than the R32, but there something i really like about them, i think it might be that the r32 looks good straight out the box, the sound etc but they seem to be holding there value to well!!!, what colour was your mate???

Im not the biggest fan of R32's tbh, big soft things imo.

Buy a 4motion, with the change buy a rado vr6 = Perfect!

yes i agree with you i think the VR is a better lookin car than the R32, but there something i really like about them, i think it might be that the r32 looks good straight out the box, the sound etc but they seem to be holding there value to well!!!, what colour was your mate???

Definitely - hold their value very well indeed and the sound/torque is just amazing. Just a shame they run out of grunt a bit too early.

I had a silver one, which although I know everyone always wants blue, is actually really nice as it's such a deep silver that you don't get on other VW's except I think the Anniversary Golf. I probably wouldn't have gone for silver by choice but p/ex'd with someone who wanted my Evo 8.

Im not the biggest fan of R32's tbh, big soft things imo.

Buy a 4motion, with the change buy a rado vr6 = Perfect!

Soft? Have you driven one? They are such a superb drive, as Chris says, straight out of the box.