Ben-B

Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

"Monsters" 9/10 8)

The absolute antithesis of Avatar... cheaply made, shot/edited/VFX using equipment straight from Curry's, virtually no cast/crew and a damned good film! It only really loses a point for the misleading title, since it's more an indie road movie which just happens to occur in a near-future Mexico after aliens land on Earth... rather than being about the aliens. But then again, the title is allegorical... so perhaps come leeway? :lol:

Really want to see this- it's getting cracking reviews! 8)

"Monsters" 9/10 8)

The absolute antithesis of Avatar... cheaply made, shot/edited/VFX using equipment straight from Curry's, virtually no cast/crew and a damned good film! It only really loses a point for the misleading title, since it's more an indie road movie which just happens to occur in a near-future Mexico after aliens land on Earth... rather than being about the aliens. But then again, the title is allegorical... so perhaps come leeway? :lol:

Watched this and thoroughly agree.

I watched 12 Rounds at work the other day.. I saw it had 'John Cena' from WWE in it and thought the worst.

It actually wasn't half as bad as I thought, not quite sure i could recommend it, but if you're at work being paid then it could be worse!

5.5/10

"Monsters" 9/10 8)

Watched this and thoroughly agree.

Like the rather excellent Moon from last year, it's a testament to how good a movie can be without needing a monster-truck marketing campaign, banner name cast, giga-budget and mega-multiplex aspirations.

Paranormal Activity 0/10 A complete and utter waste of time.

:lol: dont fancy PA 2 then?

I felt at times the film built you up to something happening, but then cut to the next scene. When something did happen it was a little lame.

You watch, there will be a Paranormal Activity 3, 4, 5........... :bad-words:

Unstoppable - 8/10

Plenty of action with some of the usual Yank farfetched stuff in there.

Actually enjoyed this- made me scared of the dark for a few nights! :lol: :oops:

Inlgorious Basterds... 3/10. Booooooring. Tarantino should go back to fast paced, fast dialogue films like PF and RD. I really don't like his current style of drawn out, pause laden scenes. :sleeping:

Nine - musical with Daniel Day Lewis as a 60s Italian film director who has an eye for the ladies. A bit arty and self indulgent but a great cast of very attractive ladies (Penelope Cruz, Kate Hudson, Fergie, Nicole Kidman, Marion Cotilard and for the senior gentleman, Dame Judy Dench and Sofia Loren) doing song and dance numbers in their undies, well apart from Dame Judy and Sofia Loren.

Personally I'd give it 4/10

Actually enjoyed this- made me scared of the dark for a few nights! :lol: :oops:

Is that the one where the girl gets dragged out of the bed by her leg in the middle of the night? Quite enjoyed that film. The end was a bit predictable though.

I take it you're not a fan of Reservoir Dogs then? :)

....fast paced, fast dialogue films like PF and RD....

(Pulp fiction & Resevoir Dogs)

Yes I am, those films have good pace and action where a lot of things happen in a short space of time, there is a lot of dialogue that advances the plot or backstory. But his more recent offerings do nothing for me, it seems he is trying to add gravitas to the scenes, but I think he tries to hard and they just end up being drawn out for no particular benefit. His characters speak far too slowly and it really annoys me! The problem is that he has so much clout in Hollywood and can generate so much money that no-one wants to tell him he's being over indulgent and needs to cut out 45 mins of silence from his movies.

Is that the one where the girl gets dragged out of the bed by her leg in the middle of the night? Quite enjoyed that film. The end was a bit predictable though.

Yeah, but by that time you'd watched an hour of tosh. Two people with a camera and someone off stage kicking things. Plus the ending is obvious after about twenty minutes. Seen scarier things in Scooby Doo.

I thought the end of Paranormal Activity was the best bit. Most of it was rubbish though...

Yes I am, those films have good pace and action where a lot of things happen in a short space of time, there is a lot of dialogue that advances the plot or backstory. But his more recent offerings do nothing for me, it seems he is trying to add gravitas to the scenes, but I think he tries to hard and they just end up being drawn out for no particular benefit. His characters speak far too slowly and it really annoys me! The problem is that he has so much clout in Hollywood and can generate so much money that no-one wants to tell him he's being over indulgent and needs to cut out 45 mins of silence from his movies.[/quote:ewbma3gl]

I quite enjoyed Inglorious Basterds! Not quite the level I do with RD and PF though, PF is one of my all time top 3 films!! Has anyone seen Death Proof though? That's a bit odd...

JACK ASS 3D .... 10 out of 10 best film of the year bar none

Yes I am, those films have good pace and action where a lot of things happen in a short space of time, there is a lot of dialogue that advances the plot or backstory. But his more recent offerings do nothing for me, it seems he is trying to add gravitas to the scenes, but I think he tries to hard and they just end up being drawn out for no particular benefit. His characters speak far too slowly and it really annoys me! The problem is that he has so much clout in Hollywood and can generate so much money that no-one wants to tell him he's being over indulgent and needs to cut out 45 mins of silence from his movies.[/quote:fnwqtpxh]

Fair one mate, to each their own and all that :)

Been busy watching films working nights seen a couple more i've never seen before :)

Human Traffic 8/10 Wicked film had me in stitches!

Harry potter 7 9/10 Not a massive fan of harry potter but still thought the film was brilliant, action all the way! first one to make me jump as well haha :)

Human Traffic is brilliant! loved it. The coke scene with the glass table is good.

Thats when i used to like Danny Dyer, but find him a bit annoying now.

Human Traffic is brilliant! loved it. The coke scene with the glass table is good.

Thats when i used to like Danny Dyer, but find him a bit annoying now.

I said NICE ONE BRUVVVVAA!!!!

Watched a few recently.

Following - The first film by Christopher Nolan (Memento, Dark Knight, Inception). Only a short one at 70 mins but worth a watch. Must have been shot on a tiny budget but it's proof that budget isnt everything. Similar to memento as the story isn't told in chronological order, so you do have to pay attention.

8/10

Brazil - Heard great things about the sci-fi movie. Felt like nothing really happened for the whole movie and I was bored by the end. Very disappointing

5/10

Great Escape - Yes this is the first time I have ever seen this! Good old fashioned fun to watch when your ill off work

8/10

V for Vendetta - Much better than I thought it would be tbh.

7/10