Ben-B

Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Defendor - 5/10

Confused film, couldn't decide whether it wanted to be a super-hero film, comedy or thriller. Sad ending too. Weird. Watch Mystery Men instead, it's much better.

Ultramarines 6.5/10

I expected more from this, I've been waiting for a Warhammer 40k film for the last 20 years and considering it was written by Dan Abnett who has written some awesome Black Library books, I have to say I was disappointed. Its quite short at 70 mins and the characters feel shallow and don't behave like Space Marines should (ie not zealous or homicidal enough). The combat scenes are reasonable, but being computer animated could do with showing a bit more violence and a bit less of the quick camera cuts. However, while I do understand that they are trying to make it appeal to everyone, in reality its only going to be GW geeks like me who are going to watch it and I know all about the backstory etc and so feel they could have made it more in depth.

Let's hope it was more of an experiment to see if the type of film would work and the next will have better characters and a longer, more detailed story. Still worth a watch on a Saturday afternoon.

the green hornet 8/10, some very very funny/action bits but let down in bits for being tooo cheesy.

the green hornet 8/10, some very very funny/action bits but let down in bits for being tooo cheesy.

want to see this ,i still have the dinky toy when the original series

Green Hornet 15/100 - never got into it at all. Drifted all over the place with no sense of purpose. Worst film I've seen for ages :(

Tron Legacy 6/10

I did enjoy it and the visuals and soundtrack is great. But not the best film in the world. It is definitely entertaining though and if you see it, then see it at an iMax.

Awful acting, however.

would watch it again if only for christina :norty: :lol:

This is why i wanna see it...... :lol:

Saw Salt last night......a good action film, miss jolie is mighty fine in it, several disguises but looking hot every time. i'd give it 8.5/10

Seasn of the Witch, not exactly Oscar material but kept me interested all the way through even with Mr Cage in it. Reasonable storyline with quite a few tense moments. 7/10

Karate Kid (the remake)- pleasantly surprised- defo better than the original, although the original will always have the nostalgia factor. There's even a Rocco in it too 8)

Ultramarines 6.5/10

I expected more from this, I've been waiting for a Warhammer 40k film for the last 20 years and considering it was written by Dan Abnett who has written some awesome Black Library books, I have to say I was disappointed. Its quite short at 70 mins and the characters feel shallow and don't behave like Space Marines should (ie not zealous or homicidal enough). The combat scenes are reasonable, but being computer animated could do with showing a bit more violence and a bit less of the quick camera cuts. However, while I do understand that they are trying to make it appeal to everyone, in reality its only going to be GW geeks like me who are going to watch it and I know all about the backstory etc and so feel they could have made it more in depth.

Let's hope it was more of an experiment to see if the type of film would work and the next will have better characters and a longer, more detailed story. Still worth a watch on a Saturday afternoon.

Did u purchase it from the site, then?

I'm looking forward to the game coming out on Xbox :D

I'll take the Fifth Amendment on that one.... ;) anyway, I buy enough of their books.

Didn't know about the game, I hope they don't make it just another shooter. I was really excited when they announced Blood Bowl for Xbox, but apparently they messed it up so I didn't buy it. We used to get an american football and play it on the vicar's lawn after church when I was lad. Well, when I say play, it was more an excuse for a ruckus.

Ultramarines 6.5/10

I'm looking forward to the game coming out on Xbox :D[/quote:26knpu7n]

Dark Angles ftw 8)

The Fighter - not bad but not an epic 6/10

True Grit - not a movie I'd be looking to buy but entertaining enough 7/10

"Ip Man"

Donnie Yen, epic kung fu movie (Wing Chun). Recommended 8)

8/10

I'll take the Fifth Amendment on that one.... ;) anyway, I buy enough of their books.

Didn't know about the game, I hope they don't make it just another shooter. I was really excited when they announced Blood Bowl for Xbox, but apparently they messed it up so I didn't buy it. We used to get an american football and play it on the vicar's lawn after church when I was lad. Well, when I say play, it was more an excuse for a ruckus.[/quote:17tzzyyh]

Lol, understood! I'm currently reading the Blood Angels omnibus (Blood Angels FTW)

Watched Toy Story earlier - 6/10, don't really think it lived up to all the hype!!

tron legacy - 8/10 great effects,great music,decent film

green hornet - overall film 7/10,hilarious.... effects 4/10 would suggest going to see it in 2d as the 3d is woeful and feels like your just drunk when your watching it

Lol, understood! I'm currently reading the Blood Angels omnibus (Blood Angels FTW)

Watched Toy Story earlier - 6/10, don't really think it lived up to all the hype!!

I'm currently ploughing my way thru the Horus Heresy and Sigmar books, but I really enjoyed Dan Abnett's Gaunt's Ghosts series. I didn't really rate the Ultramarines omnibus tho.

Agree with you on Toy Story too, it was pretty lame.

Recently watched Man on Fire - Denzel Washington.

Very good film, although the ending lets it down slightly ( i like happier endings)....but 95% of the film is awesome.

8.8/10

Recently watched Man on Fire - Denzel Washington.

Very good film, although the ending lets it down slightly ( i like happier endings)....but 95% of the film is awesome.

8.8/10

I love that film!

Ultramarines 6.5/10

Not what i was hoping to hear after forking out £26 (yes, £26!) for it. Oh well, i'll give it a bash anyway.

My last one, Shutter Island. 8/10. Enjoyed it very much, think Leo is awesome these days, and even better when he teams up with Martin Scorsese. Also i enjoy films based on mental illness and and messing with peoples genetics. Like the surmise of it too, whereby no one would believe anything a clinically insane person would say.

The Kings Speech 93/100 - captivating from start to finish, Peerless acting from Firth and Rush who occupy the screen for almost all the film. Very simple story but brilliantly told.

Dispicable Me - 10/10. Love the little tick tac guys

MegaMind - 8/10

Skyline - 2/10. Nearly fell asleep

Jackass 3D - 10/10

The Kings Speech 93/100 - captivating from start to finish, Peerless acting from Firth and Rush who occupy the screen for almost all the film. Very simple story but brilliantly told.

I saw The King's Speech yesterday. It was the best film I have seen for quite some time. 9/10.

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk