n3p

Green Storm Turbo - Sold :(

This has to be the best OEM upgrade I've seen all year. Berrrrilllianttt !!! A real piece of craftsmanship. Post up the details of who did this. Their names should be echoed from the roof tops...

My only critique, the holes that were covered up are for heating/de-misting the screen.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but seriously take the dash out and have them opened up.

Sorry for my post being a real sweet and sour one.

Edited by James.

This has to be the best OEM upgrade I've seen all year. Berrrrilllianttt !!! A real piece of craftsmanship. Post up the details of who did this. Their names should be echoed from the roof tops...

My only critique, the holes that were covered up are for heating/de-misting the screen.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but seriously take the dash out and have them opened up.

Sorry for my post being a real sweet and sour one.

Wow, what a compliment! But all praise should be for the trimmer, a Mr. Paul Toogood from Auto Trimming in Wembley. I'm just the unlucky guy who had to install it!

You're serious about the holes?! Dammit! When I turn the blower on air comes out from the vents inbetween the speakers and clears the screen so I assumed they were ok... Plus the covered holes seemed so far down. The last thing I want to do is take the dashboard out again, maybe I'll have to live with it over the winter and investigate in spring.

Thanks also o Emu and Goldie for the comments :)

I didn't want to break that news to you mate about the holes. i know how satisfing it is to get it all back together...

when I did my dash re trim I had the holes opened up and made some inserts for the holes but later took them out as they looked less obvious with them out...

Otherwise, if you need a new screen do it then from outside. Also make sure this area is properly pinned down under the grill as its likely to expand and contract with heat/cold temperature. Your dash is lightly different to mine so perhaps its been done a different way and its already very secure. Mine are joined under the grills as I didn't want the stich line through the top middle.

Well that's a bugger! :lol:

Just been out for a blast and to test the vent. It seems to clear everything, albeit a little slower than normal (especially the passenger corner). I think I can live with it for a bit unless it really annoys me. At least it works to an extent but nevertheless i guess it'll have to be looked at eventually. Not confident enough to open the holes myself, plus I have no inserts. Something for next year methinks! It's rarely driven at least

Just a quick update to say I decided to drive it to work this morning, freezing cold so good for lots to clear on the screen... worked alright! Tiniest bit of steam in the very lower passenger corner but otherwise good. Seems that most of the demisting comes from the big vents inbetween the speakers. Think I can live with it for now :)

That is a relief. Great news in fact. For a moment I had a distressing vision of you sat in your car one day, turning the window blowers on full tilt and the dashboard starting to inflate like a giant cream baloon !

What I would mention in addition (which you're probably aware of already) is to condition the dash regularly. And if left in the sun for long periods, maybe cover it with some sort of dashboard topper. All this is based on personal experience as when I got my Corrado, the leather had contracted about an inch and distorted the dash.

This should have been done from the factory. It looks that good.

Bravo !

Looks excellent, only just seen this one. Reminds me of the Campaign, hence why James and myself can speak from experience when we talk about making sure it's properly cared for.

That's great advice - the trimmer said the dash would be ok in the sun, but I've heard horror stories of warped plastic Ford dashboards, so I don't to take a risk with leather! He recommended Auto Glym leather care cream, any experience with it or could you suggest something better?

Thanks Campaign, I'll try to keep to a strict care routine going :)

In other news I think I'm going to get the seats retrimmed soon, I don't think this Connolising lark is going to stand the test of time!

I guess everyone has their favourites. I use Gliptone leather conditioner. It works a treat a smells wonderful.

He's got the trimming bug! I can recommend the furniture clinic conditioner and smells nice too. For regular use, natural baby wipes are a winner and easy to store in the glove box.

Be honest, how many times have you stroked the dash whilst driving?! Lol

:lol: I am getting a new gearstick surround made up, but anything else may be overkill! Although the central tunnel might be subtle enough ;)

One gentle stroke when installed... fingerprints on cream leather is a no no my good man! Once I get some of this furniture clinic stuff or saddle soap then I can happily stroke to my hearts content :) (That could seriously be taken the wrong way!)

Great reply!

One tiny thing that just jumped into my head- your black screw covers - either side of dash that secure it in place, could you get cream coloured ones to blend in a bit more?

I recently threw out some new 16v manifold gaskets dammit! But if you need a hand, some tools or a place to work give us a shout

I've done a gasket change quite recently as well! No matter, thanks. Removing manifold and rocker cover / replacing gaskets etc is a piece of **** - working out in the street in the fecking cold is another matter! Still, I'll have to heat blast the paint to cure it so looking forward to that part ;)

---------- Post added at 9:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:09 AM ----------

Fiebings Aussie leather conditioner BTW - Basically a saddle conditioner (or saddle soap) designed to keep Aussie horseman's leather soft and supple in the hottest and driest conditions! I use it on all my leather work

http://www.chaffinch.com/item.cs4?GS=fieaussie

Edited by tentonhammer

Cheers for the recommendation! I'll see what's available in a couple of months :)

Rams, good idea - Not sure where I could get cream ends, although I've still got some gliptone scuffmaster which should have enough paint in there to do them... not sure if it'll last though if the doorcards going to be banging against it all the time

Could you ask your trimmer to cover them in cream leather, if the leather is stretched and glue down that could work?

Hello again Rams - I guess that could work, when I drop off my gear gaiter I'll take them and see if he can sort it out.

In other news, if anyone hasn't seen the thread already, the almighty BILLCOR spotted a genuine set of BBS CH006s that I gave up looking for a long time ago. Put in an offer not expecting to win but it was accepted within 5 minutes. They came with 225/45/17 tyres which looked massive so I got them wrapped in Falken FK452s in 205/40/17. My KW V2s are finally getting fitted next Thursday (they've been gathering dust for over a year). OSV has assured me that I shouldn't need any arch rolling done, but I guess i'll have to see how low I'd like to go once the coilovers settle in for a bit.

Some pics anyway. Will look into some new centre caps once my wallet has forgiven me:

On the 225s... not gonna work!

2012-11-21164019.jpg

Much better:

2012-11-21165723.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg

DSCN0402.jpg

Will update again once everything is fitted. Hopefully my RS's should be ready for the good weather, so these will make a nice winter wheel! :nuts:

They look great really are one of finest wheel choices for the Corrado, you'll be fine on the 205s. Let me know if you are interested in selling me the 225/45R17s

That looks soooo friggin good! May I ask how low you went in the pics?

OSV - have PMd you

We tested fitted them on Andy's car which isn't especially low but then put it down the ramped drive entrance to my house which pushed the wheel up into the arches but there was no catching or fitment problems

They look to be in pretty good condition, your certainly not hanging about with the new tyres fitted already :thumbleft:

Got the wheels, KW V2s and Milltek exhaust fitted today by Reuben at Tuningwerkes who stayed late to get the job done - cheers Reuben!

I'm going to leave the car for a couple of weeks to allow the coilovers to settle before I finalise the ride height (think it can go a bit lower!). Also thinking about spacing out the rears a little, my arches are going to be rolled eventually for the RS's anyway.

The Milltek completely transforms the sound of the car too! Pleasantly surprised, it's not too in your face unless you give it some beans. The KWs are also a hell of a lot more comfortable than the Weitecs on my old valver.

Only had my crappy phone to take some pics. The car is filthy too so I'll endeavour to snap something more presentable when I have free daylight. These pics don't do the wheels justice:

2012-11-29175245.jpg

2012-11-29175525.jpg

Needs to go a little lower. Tip: don't take a dual action polisher to a rear VR6 badge as it buffs off the silver!

2012-11-29175900.jpg

2012-11-29181800.jpg

Milltek

2012-11-29175304.jpg

As mentioned, proper pics to come shortly