KIPVW

Nugget almost done! Well top bit anyway :)

Not yet mate is coming in the post, will have a good look through it then.

still think you have nothing to worry about, im ready to be spat at, but its no secret vw are overpriced.

Assesors here.

Rang door bell, asked 'is that the one?' pointing to my blackberry.... now I know it's not very clean etc but there's no way my blackberry looks like its had a rear end :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Anyway, I have a prime viewing spot from my work / office bedroon window

Bonnets open... he's looking at the overall condition first

Checking all tyre depth. They are brand new.

Interior.. and mileage

Clutch, brake peddle travel.... and handbrake

best of luck, sure it will be fine.

probably checking it has the correct engine under the bonnet

Well he's just left but he didn't say much or engage in too much conversation either :brickwall: but did comment that the agreed value could be the saving grace.

Suggested i get quotes from a few other body shops too and that the cars condition was exceptional so that may also help.

Hey ho! still dont know where I stand but he didn't lead me into the written off pool just yet! it will depend solely on what quotes I gather I guess. :?

odd, they normally have to go through the insurance companies approved repair centre, so generally whatever quote you find will be quietly ignored.

they will come back to you once they have tallied up the costs and you can go from there. chin up chap.

whats the agreed value?

5k is far too much money, i would say closer to half that would be more realistic

Worth giving Greg Howell @ Southam Bodies a ring and sending some pictures down? He is very well respected in the VW scene.. though not sure if they're an insurance approved repairer or not?

Yeah wasn't expecting vw to be very competative but if they know its insurance i'm not surprised they hiked up the cost a bit, will look round for someone with a good reputation near me and see what they come up with. :?

You can insist it is repaired as there is some legal precedent about loss or something so I gather.

Just dig your heels in mate and you will eventually get where you want to be.

sorry kip i know its a bit late(only had look today) :( hope you ok now

I hate uk insurance for this reason,the crap you have to go through to get stuff sorted. over here the major insurance companies your with are the ones that acesses your car,not private ones.they have experts for the type of car and they work in your favour if it is found not to be your fault.they pick the car up,they bring it to a repair centre and they repair it to GERMAN standards(extremely high,every nut,bolt panel,light bulb,seal,sometimes even hoover the whole car!)if part cant be found they sometimes get it custom made!

Then they send the bill to the other insurer,you get car back in same/better condition.

Unless the car is a write off then they might give you a set value before car was crashed

You can insist it is repaired as there is some legal precedent about loss or something so I gather.

Exactly Yan, which why I posted on page 2.

Not giving up without going ten round anyway! today was just the start i guess having an independant assessor look at it who was from both mine and the third party's insurance so not really on any bodys side as such, i guess he'll take the cars condition into account and work out a figure.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice too :notworthy: i feel very humbled that everyone has expressed their thoughts on the car. :(

Exactly Yan, which why I posted on page 2.

Sorry Chris, on a flakey wireless connection at Marham on a course so the net is not up long enough for me to read the entire thread right now :)

Indeed, as Chris and Yan have said:

You have the right to choose your repairer, there is no law forcing you to use the insurer´s approved garage (usually they do a crap job anyway, as all those companies are interested in is get the car repaired as quickly as possible, so the normal shopping trolley driving punter in a Focus has his/her Focus back for daily use as soon as possible, so quality suffers as a result, but no-one including the shopping trolley driving Focus owner cares, as long as they have their car back; sad but true).

Tempest

Indeed, as Chris and Yan have said:

You have the right to choose your repairer, there is no law forcing you to use the insurer´s approved garage (usually they do a crap job anyway, as all those companies are interested in is get the car repaired as quickly as possible, so the normal shopping trolley driving punter in a Focus has his/her Focus back for daily use as soon as possible, so quality suffers as a result, but no-one including the shopping trolley driving Focus owner cares, as long as they have their car back; sad but true).

Tempest

Yeah just ask Supercharged about the chimps that did his...

Now you're making me nervous :lol: the assessor seemed happy for it to go where I wanted it to though hence asking me to collect a few quotes but i guess we'll see soon enough. :?

Now you're making me nervous :lol: the assessor seemed happy for it to go where I wanted it to though hence asking me to collect a few quotes but i guess we'll see soon enough. :?

Start finding the best repairer you can and get a quote then......