Sign in to follow this  
fla

which gauge do you look at most?

Usually i switch the mfa 5 presses to oil temp, but after filling up at £1.26/litre i kept it on mpg for pretty much teh whole trip (340 miles). Was stuck at 31.2 mpg at 80, dropped to 70 and it went up to 32, but HAD to boot it just to hear the VR growl, like you do!

Checked oil ervy so often, but it never went above 84, glad o hit a bit of traffic and raise the temp to 88-90. Anyway, mpg selection for me for now :(

it was oil or mpg until i got the mocal and then its been mpg mostly since then. as Jim said in another thread, when a load of short trips mean you only get 250 miles to a tank from a n/a engine then you get a bit preoccupied, like standing on the scales each morning!

and that was before petrol went crazy in the last month and I filled up at £1.36 last night (which was not the most expensive at all...)

Oil temp, my old valver was very unreliable! lol. Switch to MPG out of curiosity but always like to make sure my car is running as it should be.

Oil temp most of the time but on a run i do check my mpg quite a bit...

Oil temp for me. I know roughly what sort of economy I am getting at the mo so no point in watching it just to disappoint myself! :)

water temp if stuck in traffic,the beast used to boil over but i think it ok now,also the mpg will it ever get above 22mpg

Oil temp till it hits at least 80 and it's time to open it up. Regularly check the mpg tho, if I get more than 25 I'm clearly not trying hard enough. 10.8 was my best effort

My Tacho, Oil Temp, and MPG don't work at the moment so I've taken to watching the clock..... or the road....

smart @rse^^^^ :tongue: :lol:

For me its the mpg and fuel gauge and yes it does depress me :( Especially since ive lost 3-5 mpg since fitting the standard manifold back on.