wy906

How many Corrados left in the UK?

It's innevitible. With parts becoming obsolete then cars are worth more in parts.

And more and more will be heading to the scrap yards, especially smokey old VR6s with a thirst for fuel and oil.

And to bring a tired one up to standard is effectively written off in parts cost, even if you can fit them all yourself.

It's the same with all German cars though. Their value goes right down, but parts prices increase. A very neat way to get customers into the showrooms..... and is a total waste of an otherwise perfectly good car.

so 16v's are rarer than vr6, i wouldn't of thought that

So does that mean in my for sale thread of Geoff, I can put rare 16v for sale? Lol

Even less G60s left on the road.

Figures are always going to be inaccurate as a lot of folks now SORN their cars over winter and I know a few folk that have some laid up in garages waiting for the right time to sell.

I have 3, none of which are currently taxed.. :(

Even less G60s left on the road.

Figures are always going to be inaccurate as a lot of folks now SORN their cars over winter and I know a few folk that have some laid up in garages waiting for the right time to sell.

I have 3, none of which are currently taxed.. :(

Click on the model and it will give details of all vehicles whether taxed or SORN

Click on the model and it will give details of all vehicles whether taxed or SORN

Spotted that when I had fiddle after posting, not many left at all now!

Although the VR I bought recently wasn't on SORN properly so there may be a few more around like that.

So does that mean as the numbers go down the prices go up?! ;)

On a similar note, where is the thread on how many of each colour? Did a search but no joy.

Edited by G60MAT

Just wandering if there is any way to tell the two 16 valves apart would be interesting to see how many early valvers there are left.

Just checked my A6 2.5 TDI Quattro 6-speed, and there are only 241! Thats rarer than the Corrado :o Mine's even rarer, since I transplanted a 1.9 in to it :D

^^^ why did you go from 2.5 tdi to 1.9, isnt that like going from a 2.9 to 1.8 :scratch:

Because the 2.5 V6 TDI is a useless boat-anchor with all the durability of a snowball in summer! The 2.5 ate its own valvetrain and was going to cost £3-4K to repair, so I threw it in the bin and put a tuned 1.9 in instead which cost me £300 :D I have about the same power output, get 10mpg more, saved 100Kg, and cut maintenance costs by 75%!

Its like going from a VR6 to a big turbo 1.8T :cat:

Because the 2.5 V6 TDI is a useless boat-anchor with all the durability of a snowball in summer! The 2.5 ate its own valvetrain and was going to cost £3-4K to repair, so I threw it in the bin and put a tuned 1.9 in instead which cost me £300 :D I have about the same power output, get 10mpg more, saved 100Kg, and cut maintenance costs by 75%!

Its like going from a VR6 to a big turbo 1.8T :cat:

Surely you lost a bundle of torque though?

Am pretty sure I got one of 2 left hand g60s

I spoke to a guy and had a look at his F-reg LHD G60 the other week. Said it was a very early 89 with non-sunroof and air-con, heated black leather. In bits at the moment but will be road going by the end of the month, it looks to be in a very good condition with 100k only. Lovely car.

Surely you lost a bundle of torque though?

Much the same tbh - somewhere around 250lb/ft. Its faster and handles better though because of the weight reduction :)