ChrisL

Blackberry VR6...BBS RS301's -SOLD!

Wow you sick puppy :lol: that looks immense!

Good work mate, very good work.

Great attention to detail,will be great when summer comes...spot on mate a real credit to you

Some top quality work, I'm very taken with what you have done with your alternator, i may need some tips...

Cheers Guys, really pleased with how the coilovers came out, better then i thought and a real sense of satisfaction.

Got the heat shields on and fitted the restored exhaust hanger and bolts.

ATT10080_zpse2951158.jpg

Top work Chris, did you have to strip the struts before plating? I painted mine but plating would have been nicer...

Just a thought but when its all done take some pictures then just cover the lot in clear wax oil....!!!! thats what i`d do to keep all that top work looking its best......If not before long all the threads and bolt heads will start to tarnish and discolour.

Just a thought but when its all done take some pictures then just cover the lot in clear wax oil....!!!! thats what i`d do to keep all that top work looking its best......If not before long all the threads and bolt heads will start to tarnish and discolour.

I had thought of that but I don't want to end up with all the bits looking dirty as the muck sticks to the wax oil. I bought some ACF-50 which is an anti corrosive coating and I put it on the aluminium heat shields to stop them discolouring again, this might work looking at the website.

Looking really good, i jet wash my Kw's regularly & spray them with WD40. Still look like new

Braving the extremes of winter today I ventured out and got the Exhaust mounted, seems to fit pretty well and tail pipe fits bang in the middle of the bumper cutout.

ATT09482_zps99d106e4.jpg

ATT29345_zpsda280eb6.jpg

This is just excellent, I've shown my friends when they come round and say, ' this is how it's done'

Great work

Brake calipers assembled and ready:

ATT89816_zpsea780ad0.jpg

Assembled the rear beam parts in front of the telly tonight, bit crappy pictures but you get the idea.

ATT83123_zpsb65adf1b.jpg

Looking Superb Chris. Taking this car to the level it needed to be at.

shame it won't be st Elsecar but next year ;-)

Cheers for the kind words

Excellent work can I ask what mileage your car has done? Thanks

Its done about 65k miles and really well looked after by the previous owner, I was very lucky it came up for sale when I started looking.

Factory Fresh! Good work mate, you've got your hands full keeping it like that.

Well it's not a daily anymore and definitely won't be used on salty winter roads. I do wonder how I'll keep it like It is.

Great work, car will look like new when its done. I plan to strip mine down once the tax is up in August and start making her look new

Last lot of bits picked up from powder coaters so got the Petrol Tank fitted tonight.

ATT61072_zpsc62a9050.jpg

Should hopefully have the beam on this weekend.

Question though, should I remove the powder coat from the surface of the beam where the stub shafts for the rear wheels bolt on? I'm concerned that if I clean it back, water will get under the powder and start to rust.

Chris, yes definitely remove any paint where the stub axle sits as once everything is back on and settled down you would probably need to re-check the 4 stub bolts after they have compressed the paint if you leave it on.

Where as if you remove the paint you wont have to do that & a smear of copper slip on the 2 mating surfaces will help keep rust at bay too ;)

Planned to get the beam fitted over the weekend but spent saturday and sunday from 7:30am to 6pm stood by a swimming pool again (well worth it though).

So set about fitting it tonight. It was a bit tricky balancing it on 2 trolley jacks and lifting it into place but got there without any major hick-ups. Quite productive though as I got the coilovers, stub shafts and backplates on.

Really tricky to get a good picture but you get the idea

ATT14720_zpsfd99ca16.jpg

ATT15692_zps8dce0a0c.jpg

So need to assemble the brake calipers, fit the discs, new front to rear brake line and bleed the brakes. Then re-fit the bumper and I'm good to go.

Roll on Stanford......

Edited by ChrisL