ChrisL

Blackberry VR6...BBS RS301's -SOLD!

Did you get the message about the door cards..?

Hi Andy, Sorry I did but been a bit busy with the car and other stuff. Seen they are still for sale but dont think I can afford them at the moment. Will they be early cards if the car is a J plate?

Hi Andy, Sorry I did but been a bit busy with the car and other stuff. Seen they are still for sale but dont think I can afford them at the moment. Will they be early cards if the car is a J plate?

not sure, its a mate of mine so if you want them and they are late cards he will sort you a deal out...

I'd love some really but just dont have the funds right now. Still got an power steering pump and battery to buy, oh and road tax too.

This is up with James', Kip's and OSV's cars I must say. the only concern I would have is I would never want to drive it in case it got dirty!

This is up with James', Kip's and OSV's cars I must say. the only concern I would have is I would never want to drive it in case it got dirty!

Hope you don't mind me saying mate but that is pretty sad car's are for driving simple's

Chris that exhaust system where did you get your middle silencer from?? as it looks stainless??? i didnt think supersprint did a stainless steel one??

Hi Chris, it is Stainless steel, when I went to order it they said they where bringing the stainless version out in a months time so I waited, and well worth it i think.

Cheers Hasan, that its a true compliment to be compared to those. I wanted the supersprint but didnt want to fit it to a dirty underneath and it kind of snowballed from there.

Hope you don't mind me saying mate but that is pretty sad car's are for driving simple's

My Corrado does get driven! I just also take a lot of enjoyment from cleaning it too.

Anyway, got the rear bumper assembled with the new plate round the towing eye fitted. Then after being slightly delayed with the 2 brackets that the caliper flexi brake line fits on, I finally got the brakes fitted. The brakets that I took off the beam had one of the locator pins snapped so wouldnt clip onto the end of the beam.

ATT24085_zps887bc0fb.jpg

ATT65307_zps838c14d7.jpg

ATT44646_zps340c7323.jpg

THe finish line is in sight, hoping to have it done by weekend.

Sorry chris i was replying to fla's post and it was meant in general not about your particular car though it may have came across that way ;)

What are you using to clean the underside Chris? Gonna tackle mine this coming week, and not looking forward to it!

Quick update, fitted the new power steering pump and runs quiet as a mouse, unfortunately it is leaking from around the flexible pipe connection on the pump itself. So replacement coming Wednesday.

Car booked in for tracking on wednesday morning.

Brakes bled but not sure how good they'll be, the pedal isn't really that firm. Going to drive it tomorrow night and asses the situation. Might have to get the garage to re-bleed them.

Could well be ready for Stanford!!

Car went for tracking today and was amazed to find I've fitted the beam perfectly and no changes needed! The front was slightly out and that is where the fun started. Couldn't get the track rod end loose and ended up with the threads stripping on the rod out of the steering rack.

So the car is still at the garage and awaiting new parts tomorrow.

Anyway got a photo of the underneath, the garage was well impressed! (You can see where I've clearly stopped cleaning the underneath)

IMG-20130501-00972_zpsbd3fd17b.jpg

Tip for cleaning the underneath for the first time... find a hot or steam jet wash to get the thick off. Removing 75% that way makes the remaining 25% almost a joy.

I learnt the hard way by spending days under my first car covered in dripping cleaning fluids. Second time round I went to a hot jet wash then borrowed a twin post lift ;)

Looking lovely Chris. The first drive caught out in rain is heart breaking though.

All that work and mis-matching rear tyres.......

Fronts the same, seems the rims are not on the correct corners

Thanks Judith, might have a little rest from the cleaning now and concentrate on polishing the top half!

Wheels are just the speedlines plonked on for getting it tracked. RS's going on tomorrow so will make sure they are on the correct corners! Will be available for checking on Sunday.

Any news on the track rod mate? Did you get the battery bracket too?

Hi Kip, all sorted with a new track rod and brakes miles better, not sure if they are 100% but might get you to see what you think on Sunday. It's that long since I've driven it.

Got the bracket thanks, really appreciate it, I'll sort funds with you on Sunday too.

Just going out to change the power steering pump and a quick wash if its not dark. Afternoon off tomorrow to start the polishing.

Good stuff, fingers crossed with the pump. pour a little fluid into it just before connecting the pipes and definitely work the system before firing it up with the wheels in the air. ;)

Almost finished for now, just a bit of the passenger side floor to clean. Took some screws and clips from the slam panel and the bonnet catch to the platers this week

ATT22941_zps04e0358f.jpg

Not the best picture but you get the idea, makes the bonnet area a bit fresher.

Reached this milestone today so stopped to take a picture

ATT23926_zpscbadd2df.jpg

Also, since it was a nice night we decided to go for a drive in the C but unfortunately I'd had a few beers so had to sit in the back!

Random colours of Blackberry.

ATT53959_zpsd3d83066.jpg

love this picture as it really shows the lines of the corrado and reminds me a bit of the Storm advert.

ATT67612_zps5f29a75b.jpg