sexybourbon

Redbourbons vr6 With extra grunt :)

Cheers mate will be good to get done and get out next year hopefully

Hopefully? dont be doing a me dear matty!

Hopefully? dont be doing a me dear matty!

Ill put you a bet on !! If that car isnt finished before the next annual bonfire night ill pay for bowling

Ill put you a bet on !! If that car isnt finished before the next annual bonfire night ill pay for bowling

Haha love it!

Quick few snaps of the cars progress

These was taken wednesday

[ATTACH]80272[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80273[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80270[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80271[/ATTACH]

Sounds daft but now its all in primer iv kinda realised how much of a big job iv taken on !!

Today iv luckily got back home early so im of to the body shop to final prep the underside on the bonnet and hopefully watch my mate paint it ...... Im ****ting it

Hi Sorry to jump on the bottom of this thread - but new to this forum and cant work out how to create my own. I'm going to look at a VR6 tomorrow and its described s Mulberry - can anyone tell me if Mulberry and Blackberry are the same thing / colour?

Thanks and I'm sure 1. I will work out how to post my own threads soon and 2. Update everyone when and if I buy tomorrow

Well spent all day yesterday in the body shop doing final prep while my mate painted in the booth

Ill just post pics as its much easier ! I cant wait to start on it now

[ATTACH]80279[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80280[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80281[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80282[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80283[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80284[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80285[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80286[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80287[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80288[/ATTACH]

I been working on the rear quarter rubbers aswell asi thought id need new ones but at 250 a pop its just not in the budget

2 hours last night and im super happy with how these came out there almost like new

Comparison

[ATTACH]80289[/ATTACH]

Hopefully the doors will be on this week and the boot and tailgate then its coming home

That looks awesome Matt! you must be well pleased mate. Have to say though it's the weirdest shade of red I've ever seen...

Lovely finish on the paint. What have you used on the rubbers?

Cheers mate , i used upol decreaser to remove all thee old black to black and grease and then used a 600 grit paper and then finished them of with 2500 and a then degreased them again , just remember to mask the bits that you might make contact with near the glass and make sure you use the paper wet with soap so it slides better

That looks awesome Matt! you must be well pleased mate. Have to say though it's the weirdest shade of red I've ever seen...

Weird that isnt it haha i thought all proper corrados had pearl paint hahaa

Thanks for all the good feedback im really looking forward to building it back up

Weird that isnt it haha i thought all proper corrados had pearl paint hahaa

Thanks for all the good feedback im really looking forward to building it back up

Pfffftttt everyone knows pearl paints really heavy that's why flash red Corrados are the fastest - less lead in the paint :lol:

Seriously I have always assumed Redborbet that your car was red

Pfffftttt everyone knows pearl paints really heavy that's why flash red Corrados are the fastest - less lead in the paint :lol:

Seriously I have always assumed Redborbet that your car was red

The weight in the paint for extra grip through the corners !!

My forum name could do with changing lol , the reason its redborbet is because when i was hunting for my first corrado it was nearly a red one with borbet wheels but that fell through and i never changed it

Now id have to be called dragongreenspeedlines i suppose haha

Few quick updates iv been putting more on face book than snything as its easy !!!

Glass is all back in and iv fitted most parts back on including the new scraper seals and the all red rears i did last year , mirrors with new glass although that will most likely be sent back as there **** !!

All others bits are back on and connected up like the handles and mirror electrics

Car looks like this

[ATTACH]80406[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80410[/ATTACH]

Iv been doing bits over christmas aswell

I used some stuff called dinitrol to wax all the chassis legs and all the cavitys all the sills and behind the rear bumper and inside front doors

Iv waxoiled all four arches so they are looking nice snd uniform and are well protected from whatever summer can throw at it !!

Also gave all four brakes a good rub down and tarted them up with some hammerite smooth so there looking alot better thsn rust

[ATTACH]80407[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80408[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80409[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80411[/ATTACH]