sexybourbon

Redbourbons vr6 With extra grunt :)

Lasf few bits iv done and got for the car is start to take the lump out , i spent about six hours on friday and about 4 on saturday and its just about out , the only thing left to do is to seperate the drive shafts but i didnt have the spline tool i needed to release the bolts ! Engine will be out and on a stand next saturday for cleaning up and painting

Also picked up my 12 pound flywheel iv had machined and balanced :)

[ATTACH]80412[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80413[/ATTACH]

I have a feeling cleaning the bay is going to be the worst bit lol its gunked up and grafted beyond belief

haha, looks familar, i've just spent ages cleaning all mine with a toothbrush and rags and lots of white spirits, as i can't use the hose in garage.

Good work man! I'm literally just doing the dinitrol wax on the underside, arches and back of rear panel, under bumper. Just pooped I for my tea and then back to the garage :)

Thanks fellas its taking shape now im really hoping i can get it back on the road this year

Engine will be out and painted next week hopefully ready for the rebuild of it all with its cams and new head and chains im just really not looking forward to cleaning the bay and all that wax stuff

Also did this today while sat in the house a bit bored while jodie watched game of thrones !!

Main loom was absolutely grafted and missing most its tape !! God knows why it was that bad !!

Start

[ATTACH]80422[/ATTACH]

Finish

[ATTACH]80423[/ATTACH]

Looking forward to saturday now

Today this happend , vag hag came down to give us a hand and a good job to id of never of lifted the engine in to my car haha :)

Few pics but basically a good day exept the crane wouldnt position right so we could get the engine in so we had to take the box off outside the garage and lift it in !! I can tell you now the vr lump was frigging heavy haha

[ATTACH]80458[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80459[/ATTACH]

Had to drive down the road to drop the engine of at my dads place and this happend

[ATTACH]80460[/ATTACH]

Subframe is fully off and the new powdercoated bits are ready to go on just got to take off the inner tie rods and two ball joints and then put it back together

Cheers phil i have a massive idea its not going to go back together as fast haha , the amount if parts that still need painting and powdercoating and tarting up is massive lol

Every time I goto the garage i start and find something else hat needs powder-coating it's a nightmare!

Haha yea it is , Think im going to get some of that hammerite smooth in the earosol to try keep powder coat costs down , ill just do the bits that arent really seen in that and the powdercoat can be for the places where it matters

Looking good Matt, was going to pop down but ended up in the garage fitting my beam and it took longer then expected.

Will definitely pop soon to check it out.

Don't try to do it all in one go mate. You've spent a fortune already, and it gets insane expensive if you try to do everything. Inevitably corners get cut a little when this happens too. Do what you can, enjoy it for the summer, then get back to it next winter for running gear. :thumbleft:

In other progress im pleased to say we got right on top of it today

New special edition light weight powdercoated sub frame !!

New inner track rods and boots

Outer rods

Drop links

Ball joints

eibach front roll bar

Powerflex steering rack mount

Also cleaned the rack up while i was at it and waxoiled more of the chassis legs

[ATTACH]80466[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80467[/ATTACH]

Got the engine on the stand and removed the clutch and atarted prepping the block for the engine enamel

Stuck the rocker through the dish washer ready to be prepper for some nice new paint