sexybourbon

Redbourbons vr6 With extra grunt :)

Chris , its staying orange lol

Right finally finished the interior , gave it a good clean and hoover and used poor boys natural dressing for the finish

When i had the car back together i realised one of the rear speaker didnt work so iv had the head unti out and ran some new cables to the back so i have soud at all four corners now

After looking at david warts thread on here i followed his advice and went about fixig the snapped directional on the heater panel , people want daft money for these usually so i too it out and fixed it

[ATTACH]77644[/ATTACH]

Basicaly the bottom cog is kept in place with a plastic lug and its this that snaped

Do i took a bolt were tue last inch of the shaft is bare and cut it to the lenght needed to reach through the back of the unit and in to the cog to locate it propery again

[ATTACH]77645[/ATTACH]

Filed a little wedge in to it so it was the same as the snapped part thats by the side of it

Then drilled the hole out to the same diamiter as the bolt and aroldited it in place and left it for about six hours

Put it back in and spent about an hour just turning it and spraying wd40 on the bowden cables until it started to get in to the cables and lubricate thurther down them and this eased the force needed to turn the directional , id also reccomed turning the fan to 0 before trying to move the directiona as it just makes it alot harder to turn

[ATTACH]77646[/ATTACH]

Heres another pic of the part that breaks

Final thing i did on the interior was take the clocks out and change all the filters for clear red acetate , it looks so much better and on a night makes the cabin feel like a great place to be , also changed the stereo to match it so iv now got a bit of a green and red thing going on

Ohh changed the lights in the overhead bit for festoon led lights as well and they make the cabing feel alot newer aswell. , no more dull yellow lights

[ATTACH]77647[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77648[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77649[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77650[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77651[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77652[/ATTACH]

Its hard to get any kind of good photo of ot all black in there and any light that dows go in just makes the pics look worse , looks great in the flesh though im chuffed with it al

Wich ones mic the fuel and temp ones ? , i thought id fudged them up but turned out i was really low on petrol so thats why the guage didnt move :)) haha !! My water temps was working but seem to have gone a bit dikky so need to take a look at that but i have a sneek suspicion its the plug thats come of the sensor in the engine bay as its had a full new thermo housing stat and blue tep senso a couple of months ago

Haha, at least you got it sorted. Looks really good, look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Very nice. Looks like you've covered the sunroof switch surround in alcantara? Any how-to for that?

Cheers fla yea its in alcantara , iv done the door pulls aswell and the rings around the door levers , the sunroof cover and the seat rail covers in the back

Dont use the spray glue , go online or to a local car parts supplier and biy the evostick stuff but only buy the brush on stuff , i laid the fabric out and the piece i wanted to trim and then brushed the glue on both pieces , then left for a min and then placed the part on the fabric and then ribbed it down , leave enough to pul the corners though ! I had to do a few bits twice as i couldnt get rid of a few creases on the corners , look back a few pages and there is a few pics of it off the car and i think of the stuff i used

Cheers mic will catch up on national cheers for the help with the clocks

Cheers fla yea its in alcantara , iv done the door pulls aswell and the rings around the door levers , the sunroof cover and the seat rail covers in the back

Dont use the spray glue , go online or to a local car parts supplier and biy the evostick stuff but only buy the brush on stuff , i laid the fabric out and the piece i wanted to trim and then brushed the glue on both pieces , then left for a min and then placed the part on the fabric and then ribbed it down , leave enough to pul the corners though ! I had to do a few bits twice as i couldnt get rid of a few creases on the corners , look back a few pages and there is a few pics of it off the car and i think of the stuff i used

Cheers mic will catch up on national cheers for the help with the clocks

Interesting. Have you got some more pics of the covered pieces? Also any recommendations for material suppliers?

Cheers fuzz its nice to have it al back in and its nice and quiet

Fla ill have a look and post them in here if iv got any , i did the door triangles aswell im sure i put pics of them up already

I got the materiel from dunelm but you can get it of evay and its bit expensive , i got half a mtr by the width if the roll (1500mm ) for about six quid !

Hmm done a few bits so while im sat here fed up ill update a few bits

[ATTACH]78343[/ATTACH]

Drew a template on to 2.5mm steel plate

[ATTACH]78344[/ATTACH]

Hammer and dollied it on the vice till it took shape

[ATTACH]78345[/ATTACH]

I cleaned a new sump up and welded it on with some extra skid plates on the side and middle and then gsve it a couple of coats of hammerite

I didnt get any photos of it done but safe to say it should hold up to just about anything

[ATTACH]78346[/ATTACH]

Also got the united motorsport vr6 sump baffles welded in and stuck it on

Trimsport rear brace in , i didnt like the chrome so gave it a rub down and did it matt black , not sure how it will last but i liked it better than chrome with the interior being all black

[ATTACH]78377[/ATTACH]

Then in preperation for the front end refurb i thought id see if the wishbone bolt on the pass side would come out easy , i was so wrong , snapped it half way in and had to drill it out , the gear box made it a pig to do because i couldnt get the drill at the right angle

Took about 6 hours of fudging about but i managed to get it out and re tapped tue hole ( cheers chrisl for lending me the taps )

Heres the bugger

[ATTACH]78378[/ATTACH]

And the bush was fudged aswell but luckily i had another in the house so popped it back in and at least now i know its gonna come out nice when i re do the front of the car

[ATTACH]78379[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]78380[/ATTACH]

And seeing as though im in the lakes i think it would only be right to self whore a couple of pics

[ATTACH]78381[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]78382[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]78383[/ATTACH]

The last two iv messed with on an app called snapseed , i like it , i like it alot

Good pics Matt it's shaping up well with the effort you are putting in keep it up :)

Good stuff Matt, those pictures make it look like a painting.

Those bolts are a pain, especially when you didnt need to remove it anyway lol!

Good work Matt! What's the plan for the front end then? Are you bringing the front axle up like the rear I take it?

Thanks chaps and again cheers chris for the tools , sean im replacing the subframe and wishbones , all bushes and sudpension parts and i have all eibach antiroll bars to go on aswell , not sure what you mean about bringing the front axle up ??

I think the best thing to do is let the pics talk more than me

Started stripping friday for an hour and then about another 3 to 4 today

[ATTACH]78736[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]78737[/ATTACH]

Then the screen and the rear window came out but we wasnt sure about the rear quarters so ill be getting my mate back to get them out at a later date

Car looks like this

[ATTACH]78738[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]78739[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]78740[/ATTACH]

Last owner ditched the arch liners wich led to this

[ATTACH]78741[/ATTACH]

Partly cleaned

[ATTACH]78742[/ATTACH]

No rust wich im very happy with

Thats sbout it for now

Bumper irons snd slsm panel are of to be blasted and powdercoated and i need to sort some surface rust out on the windscreen and propery degrease the full car to get rid of all that wax i ever put on

Call that a days work?!? :lol:

Impressed mate. Glad to hear it's all going smoothly, hope it continues.

Good work mate :) Looking forward to seeing this resprayed. I guess you're sticking with the original colour?

Good stuff Matt, are you rubbing it all down for spraying youself?

Edited by ChrisL

Cheers folks , it came to pieces ok actually but most things i had removed once already in the oast on seperat jobs so knew how most of it came off

Jim its staying the same colour , id already had some work done and my friend got two samples of dragon green as they couldnt quite get a perfect match ! We think that the oaint was origional but had slightly changes over the years of sun !! Anyway the samples was a slightly darker version and a slightly lighter , ill be going with slightly lighter

Yea chris gonna be doing most of the prep my self , felt quite bad yesterday rubbing the whole car down with thinners !!