Tempest

National Day 2012: Sunday 20 May: Brooklands

Awesome day guy's, thanks you to all those who organised and made it possible. The convoy down was brilliant fun, nice to met you all. And apart from the shame of being the only car there that had to be bump started off the banking, to the delight of those watching, the car was faultless there and back, even at rather extravagant speeds shall we say, lol. A super day, and looking forward to next year already. Bristol volksfest next....

max,

Awesome day guy's, thanks you to all those who organised and made it possible. The convoy down was brilliant fun, nice to met you all. And apart from the shame of being the only car there that had to be bump started off the banking, to the delight of those watching, the car was faultless there and back, even at rather extravagant speeds shall we say, lol. A super day, and looking forward to next year already. Bristol volksfest next....

max,

Ha ha, I was one of the delighted people watching you get your car started. To be honest I was more delighted with all those Corrados in one great place.

max,

**** dude didnt relise that was you hi by the way sorry we didnt have a chat

the motor looks spot on dude

shame I didnt tow you back though ;)

Who was it that went by me as I turned off the A21 on the way home ?

We could have had a mini convoy ?

That would have been me! you left a bit before me and i got caught by every damn red let there was trying to catch you up lol, typical to catch up as you was taking the slip road off :(

That would have been me! you left a bit before me and i got caught by every damn red let there was trying to catch you up lol, typical to catch up as you was taking the slip road off :(

Really sorry we didn't get to chat !

I chatted all day,and just didn't get time to talk to all,

Likewise! /\/\/\ Chatted a lot, but missed quite a few people, including yourself Bryan! Only chatted in passing :( The day seemed to fly by.

No worries dragon, with so many people there it was hard to find the time to chat with everybody, next time i won't give you such a lead!! and maybe i could win the race home :)

**** dude didnt relise that was you hi by the way sorry we didnt have a chat

the motor looks spot on dude

shame I didnt tow you back though ;)

Lol, likewise mate, should of realised it was you as i saw your pic in that scotland special they gave me with my starter bumff from ccgb. Must of been the searing burn i was feeling, lucky i was quite near the back:bonk:

Mate, so many awesome looking cars there, makes me realise how far mines got to come. Realised i must remove my bump strips, didn't realise what a differeence they made.

Anywho, hopefully manage to chat at a future show, take it steady,

max,

Great event! Love the pics. Shame I sold my car already. :)

Looks like my old car wasn't there though.

I've just uploaded a quick video to YouTube of the cars all lined up on the track:

[video=youtube_share;4wf7y62HcdA]

Edited by Portent

Finally got all the pics of the camera and uploaded them so here they are.

054.jpg

055.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

073.jpg

075.jpg

074.jpg

080.jpg

079.jpg

078.jpg

084.jpg

090.jpg

087.jpg

Kin, your car was very nearly there unfortunately Rupert had last minute non car related distractions, so was not able to join our convoy.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?33gkj4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kin, your car was very nearly there unfortunately Rupert had last minute non car related distractions, so was not able to join our convoy.

Ar, good! I’m glad Rupert has continued to use your service! I had passed on all the service history details to Rupert along with your contact details when he picked up the car. Take care John, cheers.

Here are a few more pic from my collection...I also took a few of the classic breakfast vintage bike/car club display that was held next door and a few photos of the other interesting displays in Brooklands...e.g Concorde. Not often you get to stand below it.

Those vintage bikes were really loud when they were ridding up that hill climb at full throttle also spot the raised tail happy corrado in the pic. Looks like its doing 55mph stationary :)

Edited by VWVW

Could someone email me a high res from the bridge please Ill pm my email to whoever can

thanks