Tempest

National Day 2012: Sunday 20 May: Brooklands

Fingers crossed for you Neil. hope it passes.

I was really looking forward to this but I've been offered a free weekend grandstand pitpass ticket for the DTM at brands hatch. Was really looking forward to Brooklands too. Take loads of pictures and have a good day everyone.

You're all wrong..... It's dirty flash red

Plus one!

Edited by 4eyes2wheels

Have a wonderful national day everyone. Sadly I'm unable to attend ( again ). My participation in the re-arranged Lancashire league final has put paid to that.

As nice as Garswood is, I'd rather be on the bank at Brooklands.

Wishing you all well and here's hoping for a sunny day.

All the best, James

Looking forward to this meet. From the excitement it has stirred up, gauged by the level of discussion on this and the CCGB forums, it is looking to be a sizeable Corrado turnout. I am praying that the weather holds out for us, because with the predicted number of Corrados, the photos of us all on the Brooklands banked circuit, is going to be a wall hanger for all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Fingers crossed the weather behaves!

It's looking a little rainy on the forecast now :( Hopefully we may get some luck though.

Even if we don't get onto the bank it will still be great with such a good attendance and a fantastic venue.

Yeah, I had noticed the weather forecast is pretty much continuous rain on Sunday - good 'ol England, but not to worry. Been ages since I've been anywhere interesting in the car so I'm looking forward to it regardless.

Mark

Hey guys, bit dejected today, the other loom i bought of ebay was again missing the engine loom, gutted. garage is going to remove what they fitted and put her back to standard so i will be making it, just sadly without obd2 or any new exhaust stuff:bonk: pretty miffed now as i've no idea where to get one and this obd2 copnversion is getting quite expensive now.

but at least i'm going in the rado......

Well, didn't actually make the MOT today. Was about to leave when I noticed the clutch and brake pedals were far too spongy, meaning I didn't bleed the hydraulics very well on the first attempt. Gave it a second go after forcing open the brake regulator which I didn't do first time round - there was still plenty of air in there... Pedal feel could be better but feels safer now.

The number 21 relay (indicator flasher) had also mysteriously given up but I pinched one from my van and it's all working again. The ISV was pretty noisy so I've given it the WD40 treatment. There's numerous other grumblings and squeaks which I'm going to assume will begin to sort themselves out after a time - par for the course after being off the road for 7 or so months!

Going to try again for the MOT in the morning and all being well will set off down the M1!

I'd like to come along to this now too please :) Sadly I won't be in my C as although the replacement screen was fitted today, it still doesn't have an MOT or tax. Can't believe I'm going to miss getting my C on the banking, but at least I'll be there now! Hope it isn't too short notice...

Edited by scarlet_vr6

Sprung a coolant leak today, but will still be there, but with a spare bottle of coolant in the boot! Hope to get on the banking, so that the coolant lying around on top of the gearbox will run off :-)

Glad you can make it now Fay.

Tony

The weather is so uncertain, we may not even be up on the banking anyway - it's really hard to tell. I'm well over my mileage allowance on the Corrado for insurance this year (thanks in no small part for drives to Germany AND Scotland in the last 10 months) so will have to bring the daily along :(

Damn I wish this was not so far away. Still really tempted to make the drive down, but it's probably an 8 hour round trip or more....

Blimey, just realised its over a 10 hour round trip for me and over £100 in fuel

Sadly I'm not going to be able to make it. Just had an MOT failure - nothing drastic, just mainly brake stuff I can't tackle myself - and the work won't be done until Monday. Gutted, but I'd much rather be driving a safe car.

I'm still crossing my fingers for some nice sunshine for all those attending!

Sadly I'm not going to be able to make it. Just had an MOT failure - nothing drastic, just mainly brake stuff I can't tackle myself - and the work won't be done until Monday. Gutted, but I'd much rather be driving a safe car.

I'm still crossing my fingers for some nice sunshine for all those attending!

Shame Neil at least its not too bad. Hope you get it sorted monday mate also that firm was High flow if I remember rightly mate cant find the receipt

---------- Post added at 1:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:03 PM ----------

6 hrs from home for me but see you all tomorrow :)

6 hrs from home for me but see you all tomorrow :)

Good man. Can't beat a bit of stopping over though. And doubling up to share the fuel costs.

See you Sunday.

A bunch of us from Sussex and Hampshire are planning to convoy up to Brooklands to get there for the breakfast club meet, enjoy a full English, and wait on to see the 10am Corrado rush. If any of you fancy an early start, we are meeting at the top of Bury Hill in Whiteways Lodge car park, north of Arundel, on the A29 at 8.15am. The breakfast club entry fee is £13 which includes breakfast and full access into the Museum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The car is all clean and ready for the trip down tomorrow. Shame it probably wont stay that clean tho

We might just get away with it. Rain at 7am but clearing up late morning.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63029[/ATTACH]

I'll be going tomorrow. I'll be coming from my folks in Surrey. Hoping the weather stays good.