davidwort

What are your corrado plans for 2012?

- fit new windscreen

- work on the paintwork DIY respray must do so far as proper one will cost fortune and it must wait unless insurance pays for that

- roll wheel arches as much as possible

- fit KW V2 coilovers

- fit 6 pot brembo calipers + 334mm golf R32 brake disc + RH ZW1 17" hope they are big enough for the brakes or fit Porsche Eta Beta Turbo 18" but they need huge arch work on the rears as they are 9,5"

- fit eibach mk2 front top strut brace

- refub whole suspension with powerflex bushes

- make the aircon work, hope it needs regas only

All what I need is to buy r32 brake discs, rest is already bought and waiting till I get rid of the green vr6 shell from garage to free up some space, but this need to wait till winter is gone.

Edited by emu

Clutch and water pump, then rust and windscreen, then interior rattles for this year i think!

Strange way to advertise it, but Corrados are definitely a love hate thing. :)

Your so right mate i love it but recently i just hate it more !!! will break my heart selling , but not enjoying it anymore .

Sadly not a corrado plan.

My plan is to revive/fettle with a mk1 caddy sport. Will be a 1.8t conversion but still debating whether to bother making it 4wd or not.

Gonna have a crack yourself David?

think so, done 2 metallic wings that have come out well and I have black paint for a least the doors and bumper on the valver and that's far easier as it's gloss black that can be cut back, might have to wait until it gets a little warmer though :)

Pull the engine to bits and find my ticking / chattering noise .. Change my cracked windscreen.

Make up my mind to supercharge it or lower it and get some sexy rims.

Edited by winchbietch

Just a few things.

1st:- Get my 1st Corrado

2nd:- Enjoy it alot

3rd:- See how much my wife will let me spend on it.

Remove the stereo install (amps, subs etc), put the engine bay back to standard and try and clean more engine parts.

Service it in January

Finish refurbing the 16" BBS RS711s sitting in the garage. Get some tyres for them.

Tidy up some rust spots

Chase some rattles

New Aux belt and pulley

That'll be a start

Service it in January

Finish refurbing the 16" BBS RS711s sitting in the garage. Get some tyres for them.

Tidy up some rust spots

Chase some rattles

New Aux belt and pulley

That'll be a start

Quite close to mine:

* Fit the engine mounts that I bought last year and didn't get fitted (brother was going to help me but my plans went out the window when I was ill).

* Replace the aux belt. It looks fine but it's making a bit of noise so when the weathers warmer I'll pop a new one on.

* Tidy up some bodywork (scared to start it as I plan to just do a couple of bits such as tidy up the front bumper but I just know I'll end up tempted to spend thousands getting it perfect :))

* Maybe refurb the speedlines that I have sitting in the garage (love the wheels currently on it but feel I should get the speedies back into shape too)

* Fabricate a better sub and amp enclosure to fit the rear boot side recesses. This will allow me to reclain the boot space which currently has a massive sub taking up 95% of the space. I'd like a smaller sub in the left or right recess.

* Fit mk4 rear calipers and stop the damn squeak I have now

* Source and fit bigger fronts, possibly Brembo's

* Finally sort out ride height, camber, toe and tracking

* win the lottery and supercharge her

Just got to finish putting the mk2 together 1st :(

I'm keeping my list short to attempt to keep it realistic rather than ending up with a wish list:

Finish sorting out the wiring

Get leaky windscreen fixed and then put the carpet back in

Once those bits are done we will see.

Get mine off axle stands and onto its wheels, new bootlid, full respray, engine rebuilt and fitted.

Then mot and enjoy. god that's going to take me well into 2013.

My Plans for 2012 are to continue driving and enjoying my VR.

Much more than in 2011 too - only did 8364 miles this year.

Oh, I might give her a really good polish and clean the interior - as I am packing up smoking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purchase some 16 " wheels, Plus start saving up for the next lot of bills.

I am aiming at hitting the 300k mark on the same original engine

Get mine back on the road, been without it for over a year now and got a massive list of stuff to do/finish/start

decided to do some painting/bodywork myself for now, would rather get rid of the rust while its minimal instead of waiting until i can afford a proper job.

Not really got anything on the wishlist for it, just get it working and fix the steering

replace broken radiator

get serviced/tuned

get the coilovers setup properly/spacers, geometry etc

remove rear wiper

sort out gear knob!

get windows fixed

sort out sunroof/replace with tinted glass tilt one - - or glue a carbon roof skin over top

get door fixed

get new hoses/leads for engine

induction kit

rear roll cage

get a spare wheel/jump leads/petrol can

sort out dents/scratches etc

sort alloys out

get mk1 wolfsburg gti steering wheel

new buckets up front

refurb harness's

tidy/braid/conceal all interior wires

get front mats (bare metal is too slippy lol)

that will do for the time being, track racing will be next year maybe :)

Replace PAS rack & pump, new thermostat, bleed brakes, new disks & pads maybe, refurb alloys, new front tyres, fix central locking & electric windows, sort out headlight wiring (no sidelights atm), find out why majority of MFA functions aren't reading, fix oil pressure gauge, sort leaking windscreen, fix spoiler, new exhaust hangers, new front engine mount, new throttle cable, new heater bypass valves / copper pipe. Passenger footwell's soaking wet since I've started using the heater more in the cold weather so suspect I'll need a new heater matrix too :( Try to convince myself that the head gasket's not on the way out...

Or maybe just find myself a VR6 in good nick to spend my time and money on instead of a knackered 16V!

Oh, I might give her a really good polish and clean the interior - as I am packing up smoking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want a hand doing that one day when the weather improves, let me know! Make lighter work with two of us doing it!

Wishing to sort out the Eibach front arb scraping on to the track arm. GGGrrrrrrr!!!!

Other than that - a full respray.

Cheers,

Redfox.

If you want a hand doing that one day when the weather improves, let me know! Make lighter work with two of us doing it!

Thank you, thank you, really appreciate it.