20vtvw

DBP from 24v to VRT

bit of an update for you guys,,

ive been busy today sorting a few bits,

first of all got new tyres fitted to the zw1s so fitted those along with some 312mm brakes,

I think they fill the wheel nicely.

IMG_1488_zpsa17ff2c1.jpg

IMG_1489_zps80efa949.jpg

and ive tacked my boost pipes together in place ,just waiting for my mate to tig weld them up for me next week..

and refurbed the front panel with welded in boost pipe to shorten the length as much as possible.

IMG_1490_zps4c454a7b.jpg

IMG_1491_zps7b76bbc8.jpg

IMG_1494_zps1fc1229a.jpg

IMG_1495_zps55034a9c.jpg

IMG_1496_zpsd8b314bf.jpg

and did the same with the intake including maf.

IMG_1492_zps64f7d019.jpg

IMG_1493_zps4237a189.jpg

IMG_1498_zps8cf4c95e.jpg

nearly done ,what do you think?

I've got next week off so hoping to get this to a stage where I can at least test drive it.

Boost pipes that I mocked up have now been tig welded and look great!

Will update with pics through the week ,fingers crossed the rain stays away.

Always admire people who do this sort of thing themselves .

Rob

Edit the wheels look lovely as well .

Thanks,I do try to do what I can myself,it just takes much longer to get it back on the road tho.

Quick update,

Due to the rain I haven't got as much done as I hoped,but I have fully welded my down pipe including two lambda bosses ,first for lambda second for afr,I have also got my boost pipes fastend up and coolant hoses fitted ,my mate is tig welding the 4" intake and won't get that back till Monday and I need to make the rest of the exhaust I've got as far as the rear axle with one small silencer but it's still far too loud ,just hope a back box brings the noise level down..

Anyway pics will follow once I get chance ..

Wow been a long time since I updated this thread ,

I still haven't got it on the road as I keep changing things but it's very close now.

I have now changed to obd2 with c2 chip,I had a few problems with this due to the first loom shorting out all over the place ,so I then got another loom but I still had no fuel pump nor injectors but then found my ecu was dead ,so replaced that and it fired straight up but the immobiliser kept kicking in,I resolved this by getting an immobiliser emulator ,this connect to positive,negative and k line and send a signal to the ecu saying the immobiliser is fine,,this was £17 (a lot cheaper than getting it removed!)

I then just needed an eprom socket putting in the ecu for the turbo chip,this was done today for £30 by a company near my work,,

So this weekend I will finnish welding the exhaust ,will get some pics up of how it looks now soon .

IMG_1517_zpsc0e7a0e7.jpg

IMG_1519_zpsec161d68.jpg

IMG_1520_zps27f97c3c.jpg

IMG_1522_zps726ab924.jpg

IMG_1518_zps4cc1f1f5.jpg

imagejpg1_zps6d5bbd10.jpg

That's were I'm at ,hope to get it finnished and driving very soon and then sort the bodywork over winter and put it on the road in February ,,,

That's the plan but who knows what's gonna happen,,

Thanks,it just needs the front blowing over as it's covered in stone chips and the rear panel was badly smoothed so needs attention also ,I don't really want it to be perfect as I would never drive it or want to leave it anywhere ..

some superb work going there. Immobiliser emulator sounds good, could i ask where you got it from as i might get the same thing for my obd2.

Thanks for the kind words,,

The emulator is just off ebay,didn't realy think it would work as its very cheap compared to other options but was pleasantly suprised with it and its tiny so easy to hide,

I spent a bit of time yesterday soldering all the wires in and putting the interior back in,

Sadly now I have the c2 chip in the engine cuts out when started unless I hold the revs,I thought I could solve this by using vcds to do a throttle body adaptation(been told this is the problem) but my copy of vcds doesn't do this so I'm waiting for someone to come over and do it for me this eve,

I also gave it a quick polish as it now looks like a car again,,will get pics up ,hopefully a vid too ..

Well after doing the throttle body adaptation it still wouldn't idle ,I changed the maf and now it idles but as soon as I give it gas it just bogs down and won't rev atall! No fault codes or anything and no obvious vac leaks so a little stuck at the moment ,will have another play at the weekend and see what I can find ,,

It's really pushing me now but don't want to give up on it,

Mate iv never turbo'd a car but im sure lilfuzzer on here had the same problems with stalling on his self built vr turbo , now i could be wrong but im sure he fitted something called a petentiomiter or something !! I could have spelt that wrong but you get the idea !

From what i remember him telling me it tells the car a few little lies and stops stalling and cutting out issues by basically lying to the car

Not sure if you knew that but any helps better than none mate so might be worth a try

Thanks for that ,chris sent me his spare potentiometer and I was going to use that before ,the pot mod is for early obd1 set ups, there's no real reason why my isn't working as it's the c2 obd2 no.42 turbo set up now that is basically plug and play,I'm going to try a standered fuel pump incase my walbro is duff,and play around with the maf housing position by dropping down to 3" then back to 4"if that makes sense?

I got it to idle and rev!!!

But it idles high ,1.5k so don't know what that's about but glad it's getting somewhere,

Well the bad weather has cought up with me again and the corrado still isn't done or road worthy so I've bought myself a winter runaround ,it's an e36 316 compact sport in twilight violet ,I got it very cheap as it needs a new pair of engine mounts but these are easily sorted..

I will be continuing to do bits to the corrado and have promised myself it will be done for April when the mot runs out on the bm,,shouldn't be hard really as it's pretty much sorted now and then use it as my daily next year..