20vtvw

DBP from 24v to VRT

Slow progress on this due to family commitments but things are starting to take shape!

Engine has been fully stripped and built back up now and is now sat in the bay so I can work out what size intercooler I can squeeze in and how much room il have for everything else..

I got a 6 puck clutch so hopefully don't have to worry about that slipping ,,

Few pics,,

image_zps8f2311f2.jpg

image_zps99e70a8c.jpg

image_zps99e70a8c.jpg

image_zpsa1d1de06.jpg

image_zps3e808bed.jpg

image_zpsb70fbedd.jpg

image_zps67522343.jpg

There's a lot more room than I was expecting so really pleased with how it's going ,just need to find some more time to get on with it!

Let me know what you think,,

Thanks,,,I am going to fit a 600x300x76mm cooler with inlet and outlets at the top ,boost pipe from turbo down the drivers side of engine and then a nice short 180'pipe for inlet ,,that's the plan anyway ?

I've ordered a 90' bend for the turbo intake to see if it clears the brake reservoir rest will be 4" ss pipe 4" maf and aem dry filter so the maf doesn't get damaged by oil...

Hope it all goes to plan,,

Great change of direction, wheels are a much better fit and look great as for the engine VRT, enough said

Great change of direction, wheels are a much better fit and look great as for the engine VRT, enough said

Indeed. Your (ex) car looked simply stunning with the RHs, here they set off the paint beautifully.

20vtvw - I've got aircon in mine - do you think with a turbo there would still be enough space to retain it?

Thanks for the comments ,

Fla,with the research I've done I don't think there is room for the aircon parts ,,prove me wrong tho!

The man has spoken. :)

Not much of an update as haven't had much time to work on it lately ,but I have bought and fitted some bosch 440 green tops and spa turbo adjustable fpr that sits in place of the 4 bar item ..

Wheels are off and going to be split for a full refurb before they get used..thinking of colour coding the centres as there a bit blingy at the moment,,

Finally found some time to work on the car and managed to get a fair bit ,,

Will let the pics do the talking for now..

Wheels been inspected before they went into hibernation

image_zpsd2af76d7.jpg

And back to engine work,

Oil return pipe welded into sump ,still need to clean it up and paint it but checked and it cleares the drive shaft nicely,,

image_zpsca73e86a.jpg

image_zps099173bf.jpg

image_zps4d6ca97f.jpg

image_zps92f581d6.jpg

As it stands now

image_zps397f2eec.jpg

Plan to get a bit more done before new year..

Edited by 20vtvw

I know what you mean about the wheels being blingy but I personally think that's the best look on these wheels.

Just picked up some 312mm brakes for this and intercooler set up should be here by the end of the week ,

Plan is to get it on the road for cc national day on the 25th of May ,

Wish me luck!

Well not had time to do anything to the car but have ordered a few parts today including innovite wideband a/f kit,and a set of toyo proxes t1r tyres(see how long they last?)

Also picked up a 2.5" exhaust for it as it came up really cheap !!

All I need now is time ,something I'm very short of at the moment with work and 3 kids ,,still plan to be at national day in May,,,.

Well stil plodding on with this ,did a little bit this weekend and after finding a great build on vortex I have changed how I'm routing the boost pipes to give the bay as smooth and clean look as I possibly can ,not easy with a vrt in the very tight rado bay.

All parts are here now just need time to fabricate and get it all fitted..

Pics

IMG_1364_zpsb9d8da84.jpg

IMG_1361_zps8318dc5b.jpg

IMG_1360_zpscb054f1a.jpg

Intake and rocker will be colour coded too so should look neat and tidy,,

Edited by 20vtvw

Just close to the manifold,there's more clearence than it looks on the pic but will clock the turbo a little more and will keep an eye on inlet temps once it's on the road..

This what I'm thinking of

A6BC356C-8CE2-465C-9215-36AF9013D40D-764-00000056EFDB7344.jpg

Edited by 20vtvw

I like the idea, keeps it neat in the bay and shortish boost pipes. Get some of that gold heat wrap for the boost pipes or try make them from mostly metal as the rubber/silicon will degrade with the constant heat cycles.

Might limit the size of the intake filter you could have though.

Ye it's as short a path as I can do with a front mount,all boost pipes will be seam welded and when I can afford a decent turbo I could v band that link,.

Has anyone got experience with r32 rear wishbone bushes alongside powerflex front ones as my powerflex rears don't look to be in great condition and they haven't been on too long so don't want to replace with the same..?