dogger

Backlit/Illuminated Gauge Face Group Buy

We are organizing a group buy for backlit/illuminated gauge faces for all Corrado models. We are offering specific kits for the UK. These gauges are intended to look OE with only minor changes. We cleaned up some of the items that don't seem necessary like kph on the speedometer. We also made the tachometers 1x1000 rather than 1x100. We added logos for VR6 and G60 models but these can be omitted if not desired. Also the Corrado logo can be omitted or moved to the speedometer if desired. We have a 16v version that I will post tomorrow night. The gauge faces will illuminate in white with electroluminescent backing film. Kit includes 3 gauge faces and a power supply. They will be shipped from our distributor in Belgium so as to save on shipping rather than having them shipped from the States. Price is £68 for the kit. I will get shipping pricing in the next few days.

We will also be offering illuminated needle kits with pricing coming tomorrow.

We will be taking orders/payment in full on these kits now in order to reserve your spot. Sales will be close on January 15, 2012. The order for the kits will than be placed and they will be produced. My hope is to have the gauge face kits shipped by the end of January.

If you have any suggestions for changes that we should make to the design please feel free to post. I designed the faces as best to my knowledge of what the UK needs are but I may have missed some things. Thank you!

Early G60

EarlyKitG60UK.jpg

Late G60

LateKitG160UK.jpg

Late VR6

LateKitVR6UK.jpg

I would be interested in a set of illuminated needles. Can these be supplied without the back

Lit facias. Will I also require your power supply and illumination source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would it be possible to have the marks for 30 & 70 mph in red

interested in the needl kit to

We can offer them with green lighting not just white.

We will have some extra kits as inventory but it will be a very limited number and since the UK kits are so specific I can't promise we will have more than one of each. If this gb goes well and there is enough interest we will do another gb in the future.

The illuminated needle kits are available separately. Let me get all of the information on the kits with pricing posted tomorrow.

eddy.h I can add the marks in red and post tomorrow too. Is that consistent for the UK speedometers?

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Early 16v kit. Let me know if the redline on the tach is too high. Its not OE.

EarlyKitG6016VUK.jpg

Late 16v kit.

LateKitG6016VUK.jpg

Would everyone prefer the fuel gauge to read in gallons or liters?

Am interested in the late 16v one's, my fuel guage says 15 gallon, and my redline starts at 7 !

I don't mind if the fuel gauge just reads like the USA spec one's, E,Half and full. I'd want mine with green lights ! No 16v logo and the Corrado logo on the speedo

Bryan

The illuminated needles? Are these like a clear perspex which lights up or are they coloured at all? Also, could these light up in red?

I'd be interested in the late VR6 dials, illuminated green with red illuminated needles.

The needles light up red. This pic they look orange but in person they are a nice red.

073278df.jpg

Nice! I'd 100% want the light up needles then. is there a cost for these yet?

I presume thats not showing the backlit dials though?

I'm interested in a set of VR6 ones with illuminated needles pending price posted. Is there any way the backlight can be made blue like the mk4 golf clocks?

id like the blue back lighting too, also would it be possible to have 20vt instead of the g60 logo on the late g60 dials, in the same font?

Thanks for the update dogger. Would be very interested in the future. Shame its come just after christmas as i would have all over this if i had the spare ££. :D

I want a set but don't know what model corrado I'll be getting lol.
you'll be getting a VR ;) Not from me though!

Interested in the needles pending a price

you'll be getting a VR ;) Not from me though!

Interested in the needles pending a price

If mine goes and I'm buying cash I will be indeed but if it's a px then who knows!!

Nice! I'd 100% want the light up needles then. is there a cost for these yet?

I presume thats not showing the backlit dials though?

Those are not the illuminated gauge faces but a test print of the layout.

I'm interested in a set of VR6 ones with illuminated needles pending price posted. Is there any way the backlight can be made blue like the mk4 golf clocks?

Blue is available.

id like the blue back lighting too, also would it be possible to have 20vt instead of the g60 logo on the late g60 dials, in the same font?

I can do the artwork for the 20vt logo and add it for your set.

Thanks for the update dogger. Would be very interested in the future. Shame its come just after christmas as i would have all over this if i had the spare ££. :D

I totally understand. Maybe it will work out that you can get one of the spare sets that we have. I'll post once we know what inventory we have once I know.

The illuminated needles are priced at £78 for the 3 circuit boards one for each needle for both the early style or later style. For the early style mechanical odometer and trip meter they can be illuminated as well for an additional £34. Colors available are white, green, blue, or amber. The needles come standard red but can be ordered in blue, green, white, or amber for a cost of the kit for £104 instead of £78. Now the needles are not included in this pricing and they are sourced from an Audi 100 cluster. I need to get the pricing set on the needles.