daves16v

Corrado Short Shifter

I like the sound of this mod, could i inquire if there's a difference in feel between Dave's modded version compared to that god awful ARZ piece of (130Euro) garbage??

Hopefully the gearstick won't 'bottom out' and hit the bottom metal plate under the gearstick.. Worst piece of crap i've ever bought so now i'm back with the original stick.

Chime in whoever has one fitted.

No problems with these. Best mod I have, it feels factory just shorter throw. How it should have been.

Hi Dave

I think it is long overdue that i invested in another of your mods :D

Ive dropped you a PM & would be grateful if you could please let me know how to proceed.

Many thanks

Will try and find time to fit mine this weekend, Do you still want old ones back?

Yes please.

Hi Dave,

How many are you making up? can i put my name in to fit a 93 2.0 16V.

Can you PM me details to pay. As a newb i dont mind if you want to wait for mine before you send out but sounds like a worthwhile mod, please let me know details.

Jas

Hi Dave,

How many are you making up? can i put my name in to fit a 93 2.0 16V.

Can you PM me details to pay. As a newb i dont mind if you want to wait for mine before you send out but sounds like a worthwhile mod, please let me know details.

Jas

PM sent.

I have one of these ready to ship now, after this one it will be at least 2 weeks before I have another ready.

Just returned from a week away & my shifter has arrived :D

many thanks dave!!!!

i will get it fitted asap & return mine to you as soon as i can

Hi can you still do the short shifters? need one for my J reg G60...

PM me

Thanks

PM sent.

Hi Dave I have fitted a shifter I bought from cazza today and although I have probably a worn tower and sloppy cables was hoping for a little more I see the 20% reduction as standard what can you do for me? I saw a contact me for requirements. Dan

Hi Dave I have fitted a shifter I bought from cazza today and although I have probably a worn tower and sloppy cables was hoping for a little more I see the 20% reduction as standard what can you do for me? I saw a contact me for requirements. Dan

Dan,

I can do them shorter but can't modify them once they have already been modified as in your case.

Dave

I have the one I took off ready and waiting,

I reckon I have about 2 1/2" either way 5" overall travel.

My Mk1 golf has a later gearbox with a tower but has just under 2" travel either way which feels much nicer can you match that? and if so when could you squeeze me in ? cheers Dan

c

I have the one I took off ready and waiting,

I reckon I have about 2 1/2" either way 5" overall travel.

My Mk1 golf has a later gearbox with a tower but has just under 2" travel either way which feels much nicer can you match that? and if so when could you squeeze me in ? cheers Dan

So you have your standard one off? I'll have to do some working out for that reduction.

Evening Dave

I have swapped the towers and the shifter from the golf and im now sorted thanks

could still have it shorter though :bonk:

Evening Dave

I have swapped the towers and the shifter from the golf and im now sorted thanks

could still have it shorter though :bonk:

Ok no probs.

Hi Dave, do you currently have any in stock for my 1994 vr6? Cheers

Yes and only 1, drop me a PM if you want it.

Right it's getting to the point where I can't supply these anymore due to 'return' shifters not being returned. As I've said before, please either return them for a £10 refund (cheapest return postage) or if you want to keep it then let me know so that I can strike you off my 'not returned' list.

Thanks.

Dave

Hi Dave, I have one and haven't gotten around to fitting and returning the standard one...... Planning to do the upgrade over winter but will send back for sure

I recently had the privilege of sorting some mods & upgrades with Dave's excellent bespoke parts, as well as paying him for his fitting care & expertise.

The parts were :

1]
short shifter
==
just great & decisive now :dance:

2] handbrake tunnel bracket
==
no more sqeaks or rattling
:clap:

3]
door handle repair kit
==
now solid 'actions' again, and great preventative maintenance
:cool:

The high quality of his design & fabrication of each of these bespoke updgrade solutions is already well documented by other such highly satisfied Members, and I just want to respectfully add my own appreciative endorsement to those...

...my own privilege enbraced all aspects of the arrangement, from my initial enquiry through to his fitting expertise & care :

:salute: Dave is a very cheery & affable 'Top Man' in terms of his communications, his encyclopedic knowlegde of our beloved steeds and his 'kid gloves' care of one's car with his fitting

The totality of the whole experience culminated in a very enjoyable trip across Nottingham, and an then an ongoing, perpetual :cheers: :dance: :cheers: feeling of 'proper jobs' well done every time I'm near the car.

So, it's a big "Thank You" from me, Dave, and I hope my very positive experience can help other would-be Members who are contemplating any/all of these upgrades to decide to go ahead with any/all of these 'proper job' enhancements.

Wishing you a happy & spirited 2014, and "Good Luck" with your work your own steed,

Robert