daves16v

Corrado Short Shifter

Dave can you drop me a PM when you have some more available please - definately want one and will send mine back to you as soon as new one is fitted.

Someone has sent a shifter back to me probably posted Thursday 9th Aug or Friday 10th Aug. There are no sender details on the package so can you please make yourself known to me.

Thanks

Hi Dave,

Can you put me down for one as well please?

Thanks mate 8)

Yeah sure but you are 12th in the queue.

The queue is growing ever larger now so if anyone wants to send me their shifter for modifying then you will get it quicker but of course you have to be without the use of your car until I return it.

Apologies to those wanting shifters, the speed I can turn these around in depends on the availability of standard shifters. I'm doing my best to source shifters from other places too.

Can you put me down for one too please ?

How long would it take you to turn it around if i did get my shifter out ?

Thanks

Can you put me down for one too please ?

How long would it take you to turn it around if i did get my shifter out ?

Thanks

As long as there are no problems with the shifter that you send me then I need it for a couple of days.

I have had 2 shifters sent to me in the past that I couldn't convert as the main shaft was damaged at the bottom end (at the plastic guide) and this part is now obsolete. I can still convert it but if the plastic guide is damaged then it won't work as nicely as an undamaged item.

Just wanted to throw a post up regarding this shifter mod.

I went over to Daves place yesterday as he had kindly offered to fit this for me as I am a spanner with the spanners.....

All I can say is WOW. Once this was on the car and I took it for a drive, the gear change is far far more positive, it felt like a more modern VW tbh. Very very impressed, and for the money an absolute bargin :)

Oh and I ended up with the handbreak tunnel fix kit too, which he also very kindly fitted for me and is awesome.

In doing so though he discovered that may handbreak handle wasn't quite attached to the car as it should have been. This is being looked at as we speak at the local garage :)

Just like to say many thanks once agaon to Dave for the work and his Mrs for the tea :)

If anyone is unsure about having this mod done, I cant recommend it enough.

Cheers.

Al.

Cheers for the feedback Al.

---------- Post added at 9:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:59 AM ----------

I'm trying to track down someone who asked about a shifter, you changed your user name to 'The Baconator' (Charlie) when the Bacon Sex thread started and now I don't know what your original user name was. So Charlie can you get in touch as I have a shifter ready.

Cheers

Dave

After one of these, in no rush so put me down on the list and just let me know whenever they are ready.

Thanks and ps your handbrake tunnel cover bracket is ace!

Cheers

Matt

After one of these, in no rush so put me down on the list and just let me know whenever they are ready.

Thanks and ps your handbrake tunnel cover bracket is ace!

Cheers

Matt

Added.

Mine arrived the other day. Looks great- not sure when I'll get around to fitting it though :(

Thanks Dave! 8)

If anyone is in any doubt about getting one of Dave's short shifters, I fitted mine a couple of weeks ago and it makes the world of difference. With the old mechanism, when I changed in to second, the gear lever travelled so far it hit the surround. Now it's nice and tight and precise and I don't have to dislocate my shoulder to change gear. Only took about an hour and a half to fit as well - and I'm no expert.

Well worth the money.

Cheers Dave.

Brilliant bit of kit this. Took an hour with the dremmel handy and makes all the difference!

Really does feel like a better car to drive now ☺

Cheers again dave

Ben

Brilliant bit of kit this. Took an hour with the dremmel handy and makes all the difference!

Really does feel like a better car to drive now ☺

Cheers again dave

Ben

Thank you Ben.

---------- Post added at 9:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:58 PM ----------

Peter and John - PM's sent.

Received mine during the week, and got it fitted today.

Can only repeat what others have said, was straight forward to fit and well worth it, made a big improvement, feels like it should have come from the factory that way!

Many thanks again Dave.