l16ydl

Project Rescue Me Please!!!

After getting rid of my 2.0 16v (http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?58039-My-2-0-16v), i was abit gutted as i grew quite fond of it but financial pressure meant i couldn't keep. I was always keeping my eye for something, preferably a VR but could never find one that i liked or that was close enough. Every now and then i go onto Copart to see what is knocking around and found a Green VR6 with 154k on the clock that had a front end hit. It is a Cat C, doesnt bother me just makes it fun trying to find more info for it. I won it on Tuesday and got it back to my office today, here it is:

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

Looks abit of mess, so gave it a wash and assessed the bodywork better:

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

As you can see, the bodywork is in need of a bit of TLC. I know a few people who can fix it so will get it MOT'd and VIC test done before i get it booked in for anything. The car used to be on the Corrado Club forum, so i am just awaiting approval for my membership so i can get digging into the car's history.

I drove down to Nottingham tonight to but a new front end, black leather interior and a few other bits and bobs for the car which cost me a total of £800, not bad all in all.

Going to get the front fixed tomorrow and get it in for MOT to see what it needs and go from there. Will keep you posted.

What a sorry sight and well done for saving it! Looking fwd to seeing your progress :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a candidate for breaking for sure so well done for rescuing it.

Did you get your parts from a guy in Long Eaton breaking a Green VR? I only live 5 mins away and was down there a couple of weeks back.

What a sorry sight and well done for saving it! Looking fwd to seeing your progress :)

Cheers, will get some pics up later after i have done the front end.

This was a candidate for breaking for sure so well done for rescuing it.

Did you get your parts from a guy in Long Eaton breaking a Green VR? I only live 5 mins away and was down there a couple of weeks back.

I know, was contemplating breaking it but i always think cars like this need a second chance, lol. Yeah, the car was based in Long Eaton. Dont know why he broke the car as it still is MOT'd and taxed!!

Well after a planned afternoon of getting a load of stuff done, i only managed to get half of it done. The car didnt get MOT'd today but will do on monday but i did get it looking more like a normal car:

Here's the parts i got last night:

IMGP5639.jpg

And so it starts:

IMGP5640.jpg

IMGP5641.jpg

IMGP5642.jpg

Something has rotted here!!!

IMGP5643.jpg

And on we go:

IMGP5644.jpg

IMGP5645.jpg

And so we start:

IMGP5646.jpg

IMGP5647.jpg

IMGP5648.jpg

IMGP5649.jpg

And there it is:

IMGP5650.jpg

IMGP5651.jpg

Need to get my mate to sort out the alignment and sort some stuff out regarding the body work. The leather interior i got last night didnt come with the proper door cards so i think i need to get in touch with the guy to sort something out.

yea good job for saveing it, alot of other people have broken corrados for alot less , "the clutch has gone , has a few scratchs, its deffinatley for breaking"

something along those lines, such a waste imo..

edit: just seen the updated pics, looking good! and to think someone else would of broken that up!!

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

great effort.. certainly wouldnt have gone with a copart bid on seeing that! i think its just the bonnet which makes it look bad. 10/10.

Mind if I ask how much the car itself cost? I'm sure others are wondeirng as well! :)

yea good job for saveing it, alot of other people have broken corrados for alot less , "the clutch has gone , has a few scratchs, its deffinatley for breaking"

something along those lines, such a waste imo..

edit: just seen the updated pics, looking good! and to think someone else would of broken that up!!

Cheers

Great stuff - brilliant to see one saved :salute:

Thanks

Well done mate , another saved . Keep up the good work .

Cheers

great effort.. certainly wouldnt have gone with a copart bid on seeing that! i think its just the bonnet which makes it look bad. 10/10.

It was mainly the bonnet that made it look bad but its turned out alright

Wow. Great effort.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Back in the game, good work

Oh yes!

Mind if I ask how much the car itself cost? I'm sure others are wondeirng as well! :)

it cost £500 including fees, what do you make of that?

Nice work! First few pictures made me sad, she looked very sorry for herself - but then cheered up greatly when I saw the stirling work done! :thumbleft:

Great work and it looks 100% better already.

Not much info held by the CCGB. Owner, in the merseyside area, originally joined the club in 2000 and membership lapsed in 2008.

That's a bargain, looking very good so far :)

I hope so, does look alot better.

Nice work! First few pictures made me sad, she looked very sorry for herself - but then cheered up greatly when I saw the stirling work done! :thumbleft:

Cheers

Great work and it looks 100% better already.

Not much info held by the CCGB. Owner, in the merseyside area, originally joined the club in 2000 and membership lapsed in 2008.

Cheers and thanks for checking for me. I wanted to get in touch with the last owner to see what work he had done to it and if he got the service book. If his membership lapsed i will have to write to him.

Car failed its MOT toady, 2 headlight bulbs, number plate bulb and a loose side repeater. Not bad eh, 15 minutes and its ready for the retest. VIC test is booked in next week so its looking good.

Have a good look underneath the car as co part load every car whether drivable or not with a forklift!

They're also good at draining fuel near the tank and not refitting the fuel lines properly!

Nice work

Well done! Will benice to see it getting better and better.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Cheers mate, your car is looking really nice not too sure if i have the patiences like you.

Have a good look underneath the car as co part load every car whether drivable or not with a forklift!

They're also good at draining fuel near the tank and not refitting the fuel lines properly!

Nice work

Yeah, i've seen how they handle the cars a bit gun ho like. Bought a few cars from there and fuel is not the only thing they nick. Brian (the MOT tester) always has a good look for me and fortunately this one is a good one.

Just a quick up date, got the VIC test done last weeks so its now ready for the road barring some road tax, but im thinking of selling it no and waiting for something a little more tidier to come along, but not too sure yet so will keep you posted.

Fantastic to see another one saved, especially looking as far gone as it was. Nicely done!