Banana Man

Engine de carbon treatment

Is this what used to be called decoking for older cars? That of course used to require a stripdown.

How often is it recommended to do this? If it really does clean up valves and pistons (which i dont doubt as it would perhaps used some oxidising agent to convert the C to CO2, then dissolve it in some ester of sorts?), then it might be a good idea, as opposed to the engine additives which are more of a 'snake oil' imho.

Is this what used to be called decoking for older cars? That of course used to require a stripdown.

How often is it recommended to do this? If it really does clean up valves and pistons (which i dont doubt as it would perhaps used some oxidising agent to convert the C to CO2, then dissolve it in some ester of sorts?), then it might be a good idea, as opposed to the engine additives which are more of a 'snake oil' imho.

Its recommended to be done every 12 months

There is a video on youtube that explains in detail about the process of how it breaks down the carbon

[video=youtube;5VCuki_-vXQ]

I've wanted to get this done ever since I saw it on wheeler dealers!

I'm not too far from you and £75 for a VR seems like a very fair price. Is it ok to do this on a hot engine? If I drove to you the engine would obviously be hot.

I'm still getting my interior back in but hoping to have it all done in a week or so, maybe I can head over your way later this month or early next month?

I've wanted to get this done ever since I saw it on wheeler dealers!

I'm not too far from you and £75 for a VR seems like a very fair price. Is it ok to do this on a hot engine? If I drove to you the engine would obviously be hot.

I'm still getting my interior back in but hoping to have it all done in a week or so, maybe I can head over your way later this month or early next month?

Yes its perfectly ok to do on hot engine as everything is upto temp its actually preferable to do while engine is warm but not essential, my number is above when you want it done just give me a shout :)

Out of curiosity can this help cut down on oil consumption?

No, if your stem seals or ringlands are passing oil this wont cure it

Converted another skeptic yesterday :) my housemate who also has an R33 GTST turned down the opportunity to invest in the terra clean equipment because he was doubtful on what the gains would actually be.

I did his car for him, even had to prove it wasn't running on his own fuel and that the car was actually running on the terra clean cannisters lol

Afterwards he took it out for a drive, he's always complained about hesitation and jerkyness in traffic the tc service has resolved those issues, the car is alot smoother and balanced, he's made a complete u turn on his thoughts of the service and now wants me to do his omega 3.2 barge as well :)

Converted another skeptic yesterday :) my housemate who also has an R33 GTST turned down the opportunity to invest in the terra clean equipment because he was doubtful on what the gains would actually be.

I did his car for him, even had to prove it wasn't running on his own fuel and that the car was actually running on the terra clean cannisters lol

Afterwards he took it out for a drive, he's always complained about hesitation and jerkyness in traffic the tc service has resolved those issues, the car is alot smoother and balanced, he's made a complete u turn on his thoughts of the service and now wants me to do his omega 3.2 barge as well :)

I'm interested too. Can you do a quick treatment on a Saturday or Sunday when I'm on the way from Bristol to Folkestone?

Enough of us to organise something in the Midlands to make it worth a drive up for Ant?

I'm in the midlands but sadly my Corrado is of the road at the mo. :-( you'll be able to squeeze 8 to 10 cars on my drive though. lol

I'm interested too. Can you do a quick treatment on a Saturday or Sunday when I'm on the way from Bristol to Folkestone?

I sure could, Saturday is best day as Im usually around all day, Sundays I currently work 8am till 3 ish but after that Im usually available.

The treatment normally takes 1hr max including setup so if your going to be passing by give me a shout

---------- Post added 3rd July 2012 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 2nd July 2012 at 11:43 PM ----------

I really need a van or estate, could just about squeeze the equipment into the skyline but not ideal, as a trip up to midlands area will cost £100+ in fuel, 10 cars would be my minimum and maybe add £5 onto each service, still think this would be a good deal as other garages offering this service are charging £115 for the 2ltr and over and £85 for under 2ltr.

so how about we see who is interested first and take it from there, stick your name down if your in the mids area and would like to have the service done including the model ie VR, 16v, 8v or G60

I sure could, Saturday is best day as Im usually around all day, Sundays I currently work 8am till 3 ish but after that Im usually available.

The treatment normally takes 1hr max including setup so if your going to be passing by give me a shout

Nice one. PM me your phone number and I'll give you a tickle nearer the time.

Enough of us to organise something in the Midlands to make it worth a drive up for Ant?

Yup I'm midlands and Im 'down' for some terraclean action! :)

I'm in stoke and want it doing but I'm garage bound until I replace front sub frame :(

Well I met up with Ant yesterday to give my engine the Terraclean treatment. I've hardly driven the C in the last few months, so the car/engine power delivery/smoothness was all a bit alien to me and it's hard to give a completely detailed before & after comparison. On the way over to meet Ant I was giving the car a good drive to try and get a feel for the car again.

I'd have to say the treatment did definitely make a difference. The engine felt smoother, had a better throttle response and felt more eager. It was quite noticeable in traffic on part throttle in first gear, previously I'd get the usual jerky on/off throttle response, but after the treatment it is a lot smoother. I'm not sure if it was just placebo effect, but the engine seemed to sound nicer too....the VR6 burble seemed more prominent.

So overall, I'd say it is well worthwhile.

Would like to get this done at some point, the distance is a prob though...

Any idea just how clean it gets the injectors in comparison to having them sonically treated?

Was good to meet up with you Dan, very tidy storm you have too, glad you were happy with the end result :)

Any idea just how clean it gets the injectors in comparison to having them sonically treated?

I cant tell you the comparison between the 2 as I haven't tested them myself, all I can tell you is that every car I have done so far has had a noticeable improvement on smoothness, balance and driveability. Its unlike any other treatment I have used to date as in the fact it actually does what it claims to do;)

Well thats another forum members vr done, was good to meet you Mike, another tidy storm I must say, the new mods sound good, should be an interesting drive back to Germany in a few weeks time :)

Will be interesting to see any additional gain in mpg on the drive up to Bristol, keep me posted ;)

Anyone else fancy having a treatment done?

Are you mobile yet? Have a V6 Audi in central London that could benefit from a throat clear... Olympics might complicate things though...?

Mark