Purple Tom

- **Please Close** - Breaking 1994 Aqua Blue Corrado VR6

Hi,

It's about time I took the plunge and got on with breaking my VR6. I bought it back in February this year with full intention of carrying out the necessary work to get it back to it's former glory. However, for me times have changed and I just don't have the time for a full-on project at the moment. I'd love to put it in the garage and forget about for a year or two but finances won't allow and as sad as it is I know I'll get more for it by breaking it than by selling it with the work required.

Before I begin let me just say that my new job is pretty hectic. I'm in an intensive 20 week training period at the moment which means lots of revision and study after work, so I'm NOT going to be able to post things out at the drop of a hat. I'm really going to try to keep on top of things and I have broken a Corrado before so I'm aware of how to do it properly. My plan is to try to get a 'mailshot' out a couple of times a week, or at the very least on a Saturday morning when I can definitely get to the post office. If parts are required urgently then I'll do my best to get them out sooner but I can't make any promises.

So....the car is a 1994 OBD2 VR6 in Aqua Blue LC5U. ALL engine components are reserved for a friend who will shortly be putting the running gear into his Valver. This includes the engine itself, gearbox, driveshafts, loom, cooling system, downpipes, cat, clocks etc. EVERYTHING ELSE is available except for the heated leather interior which has already gone.

Here's a picture of the car as it stood when I bought it:

file-4.jpg

You can also see the build thread in my signature...click for a look through.

I'll try to list what's available with prices but of course there'll be things that I forget about. All parts are quoted INCLUDING postage unless they're too big to post in which case it'll be collection from DE56 2JQ Derbyshire please. I've tried to be reasonable with the prices as I'd rather the parts went to someone who wants them for a good price rather than hang around in my garage for years. Payment via Paypal as a gift is preferred, or alternatively cash on collection.

- Aqua Blue N/S door - £20 - collection only

- Aqua Blue Tailgate - £10 - collection only

- Aqua Blue Sunroof Panel - £30 posted

- Aqua Blue Spoiler - £10 - collection only

- N/S headlight - excellent condition - £50 posted

- N/S foglight - perfect uncracked condition (not the one pictured) - £60 posted

- O/S foglight - slight crack - £40 posted

- Rear lights - £25 posted for the lot

- Scorpion Stainless Steel Exhaust system, twin box in great condition - £110 collected

- BBS RC 16x7.5" wheels, fully refurbed a year ago - PERFECT condition with 4 good tyres - £700 (pictures to follow)

- 50mm front splitter - very good condition - £40 collection only

That's just a small list of what's available. I'm going to start getting the car to bits on Saturday so I'll get some pictures of things then. Obviously there's LOADS that I haven't included, so if there's anything you need that I haven't listed then please get in touch. The car does have some very new suspension on it but I haven't quite deciphered what's been fitted by the previous owner - a combination of lowered springs and different shocks so until I get it off I won't quite know what it is!

Bear in mind what I've said about postage, but I really do try to be as quick as possible, it's just the physical limitations of getting to the post office, bearing in mind I don't want to mess up my training! Also, please don't ask about any engine components as they're already reserved ;-)

Thanks!

Tom

Edited by Purple Tom

Hi

Ill take the TT wipers and blades if they're still available. Not in a rush so whenever your free to post is fine.

Thanks.

Hi Tom,

I'm after some replacement panels for my 1993 16v. Do you know if the bonnet, wings and door would be a straight swap? If so, I'll take the bonnet, drivers side wing, drivers door and front bumper, please. Any rust on those ones mate?

Mike.

part number for the ECU? if its 021 906 251B how much for it?

Thanks

VR6Pete - wishbones are very good and they also have genuine R32 bushes installed, probably done about 5k. £50 posted for the pair mate.

JayGT - read the first post, all engine components are sold, which includes the ECU. Plus, this is an OBD2 coilpack ECU and I believe you're looking for an OBD1 distributor ECU!

BILLCOR - heater controls, will remove asap and check condition, they do function but unsure if they're all intact - I'll get back to you asap.

Cheers

Tom

Edited by Purple Tom

Yeah I would but it would have to be good money as they'd need to be palleted up and a courier organised which would be a major inconvenience to be honest at the moment as I have little or no time during the week! By rad cradle do you mean the radiator support panel?

Cheers

Tom

Can I have some pics matey please? I want get shot blasted would I be able press them out and re-use them?

Yeah no problem, I'll be able to get some tomorrow morning for you! They might still be on the car but they'll be visible....

I'm sure you'd be able to press them out with a suitable mandrel without damaging them, they're not in very tightly at all tbh.

Cheers

Tm

Pete - pictures PM'd to you...

Started breaking the car today, there's still loads left so if there's anything you need that isn't engine related then let me know!

file.jpg

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom,

Can you let me know on availability, condition and price on the following:

• Roof trim hinge caps
  • Slam panel radiator brackets, spacers and rubbers
  • Tailgate anti-rub circles (the back circles on the body. They come off when boiling water is poured on them)
  • Rear Corrado script badge
  • Handbrake top cover
  • Door card pins and surrounds
  • Covers for door card screws, the two on the rear edge of the cards (not hinge end)
  • Center console
  • Driver's shelf and fuse box cover (need to be straight)
  • Carpet
  • Door sill step covers (the flat, ribbed - or Corrado script- ones)
  • Steering cowl, top and bottom

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Tim - not available at the moment but may be in a week or so, I'll let you know!

To everyone else who's bought bits - all posted today so should be with you soon :-)

Cheers

Tom

Looking for a dash ABS light, part number ending BA (not AA!)

Thanks,

Andy

Corradophil - Yes I have one, in good condition. How does £12 posted sound?

poll250 - Will check the part number for the ABS light tomorrow when I go to the garage.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi mate i'm after the rollers out the window mech(white nylon ones) i have a none function window at the min

Hi after the 3 slat front grille with VW badge, also do you have the rear chrome badge?

Edited by blue95

Corradophil - Yes I have one, in good condition. How does £12 posted sound?

poll250 - Will check the part number for the ABS light tomorrow when I go to the garage.

Cheers,

Tom

£12 posted sounds great. Can you PM me your paypal email address and I'll pay amd give you my postage details. :)

If you still have both the wings, bonnet and the front bumper and they are in reasonable rust free condition I will take them?

Has the tailgate got any chips, dings or scratches?