Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

Here are the smaller parts fresh from being aqua blasted. I don't know whether to paint the panel and the manifold which i should have back on Friday. The finish of the panel is nice as is but it will oxidise. Anyone have any experience of looking after aluminium parts like this?

IMG_1837_zpsqqdozhzy.jpg

Look great! Top ones a bit further gone but assume it's to retain the colouring on the plaque?

I think you can Matt clear coat it, though may be worth speaking to a good body shop to see what they recommend

Yes mate. The top one isn't being touched to preserve the original label. I have a reproduced one to go on the panel that will be fitted.

All looks very nice! Did I just read this right to say that you were putting the VSR into a fixed position and using it as a normal manifold without any of the bits? Sacrilege!

Did the mapped ECU come with the VSR?

All looks very nice! Did I just read this right to say that you were putting the VSR into a fixed position and using it as a normal manifold without any of the bits? Sacrilege!

Did the mapped ECU come with the VSR?

You did. With the flap removed and blanked off it is just as normal. I don't want the wiring and vacuum items under the bonnet. Obviously all parts are being retained and tucked away. The kit consisted of manifold, 2 x plates, 1 VW motorsport electronic controller, vacuum reservoir, wiring, tubing and the Stealth mapped ECU.

Why not just run a normal manifold then? Is there any advantage to running the VSR without the flap and ECU map? Seems a shame to have all the bits and not use it as intended. The vacuum reservoir can tuck away nicely inside the inner wing.

Ah Martin the parts hoarder and Michael the rare part custodian. Opportunists the pair of you!!

:lol: :thumbleft:

:lol:

I had the timing chain covers blasted on my engine and didn't do anything with them, just bolted them on and they soon get the white fuzz on them.

Am about to have my inlet manifold done and was planning to just spray it silver, but noticed the place i go to does enamel coatings, not sure how it looks yet though.

Did you have the throttle body done? Looks mint, i take it they can do that safely without masking off the plastic bits

You did. With the flap removed and blanked off it is just as normal. I don't want the wiring and vacuum items under the bonnet. Obviously all parts are being retained and tucked away. The kit consisted of manifold, 2 x plates, 1 VW motorsport electronic controller, vacuum reservoir, wiring, tubing and the Stealth mapped ECU.

I’ve hidden the vacuum tank for the climatronic down by the horns inside the bumper, there’d be no reason you couldn’t put the VSR solenoid there with the tank too?

Why not just run a normal manifold then? Is there any advantage to running the VSR without the flap and ECU map? Seems a shame to have all the bits and not use it as intended. The vacuum reservoir can tuck away nicely inside the inner wing.

The attraction for me is the rarity of the part. If i ever feels the need i can hook it all up.

I had the timing chain covers blasted on my engine and didn't do anything with them, just bolted them on and they soon get the white fuzz on them.

Am about to have my inlet manifold done and was planning to just spray it silver, but noticed the place i go to does enamel coatings, not sure how it looks yet though.

Did you have the throttle body done? Looks mint, i take it they can do that safely without masking off the plastic bits

Yes mate, the TB was done complete. Aqua blasting doesn't damage any of it.

Parts look great! Check with kippy but I’m sure he said he uses WD40 on his manifold.

I want to coat them in something. I painted all the parts last night with a high temp aluminium paint. I painted my standards manifold with it. For some reason it has come out very powdery so i have taken it all off and am back to the drawing board.

Fantastic Stuff, :) cant wait to see it fabbed up and fitted. I will always love the n's as the just look sublime on a Corrado especially a silver one. I would love to see them on mine foe a few pictures one day you know.

Be great to catch up sometime mate to be honest too. seems like years ago. :/

Likewise. Your not having a curry night in the near future are you Kippy.

I remember bumping into you at G-Werks many years ago when you had your Storm admiring the Shrick you had on it.

Any how, I really enjoyed reading this thread - loving your work - what a car!!

I met a chap called Mark at Harewood this year, he recently bought N100VSR with (unsurprisingly) a VSR under the bonnet - if only VW had stuck them in all Corrado VR6... damm you VW for cutting corners!!

I look forward to future updates.

regards, James

Edited by vr6monkey

Here are the smaller parts fresh from being aqua blasted. I don't know whether to paint the panel and the manifold which i should have back on Friday. The finish of the panel is nice as is but it will oxidise. Anyone have any experience of looking after aluminium parts like this?

Very jealous! ACF50 is a good option to protect from oxidisation

Just read through the whole thread, stunning car! Love the attention to detail. I don't think I've ever seen a vsr before :scratch:

How it sat on those comps though :cool::cool: :cool: :cool:

Maybe we could arrange something sometime Mate. You're a bit busy at the moment though lol!

Fantastic Stuff, :) cant wait to see it fabbed up and fitted. I will always love the n's as the just look sublime on a Corrado especially a silver one. I would love to see them on mine foe a few pictures one day you know.

Yes Kip. It has been a while. Im hoping the manifold will be on this time next week as i am away with work for a couple of days.

You are more than welcome to try the Nothelles on if you want.

If he is i will try my best to be there.

I remember bumping into you at G-Werks many years ago when you had your Storm admiring the Shrick you had on it.

Any how, I really enjoyed reading this thread - loving your work - what a car!!

I met a chap called Mark at Harewood this year, he recently bought N100VSR with (unsurprisingly) a VSR under the bonnet - if only VW had stuck them in all Corrado VR6... damm you VW for cutting corners!!

I look forward to future updates.

regards, James

That G Werks open day was a long time ago. I actually got that Schrick from Gwerks, it was new and cost £700. How values change. N100VSR is a very nice car, i haven't seen it for real but have admired it for several years.

What car were you in back then James?

Very jealous! ACF50 is a good option to protect from oxidisation

I have had a couple of people say that. I think i am going to leave the casting 'au naturale' and keep it looking that way.

Just read through the whole thread, stunning car! Love the attention to detail. I don't think I've ever seen a vsr before :scratch:

How it sat on those comps though :cool::cool: :cool: :cool:

Thank you very much. The Comps were great.They were heavy though and the car drives much better on wheels i have had since.

I believe so.

I have had work done at Optimus (Glasgow) and would recommend him highly.

Could be sign, just looked at there website and they have just retrimmed a lotus esprit S1 which is one of my other cars lol