Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

Black headlining gives a nice feel to a car interior, our bmw has it.

Are you getting the headlining re-covered or can it be coloured?

The weather is supposed to be dry on Sunday and Monday I think.

I believe you can get very good fabric spray dyes which I'm sure would do the headlining just fine.. but interested to know how you're actually doing it (including the switch gear, etc).

Im very keen to use as many 'real' parts rather than painting everything.

The sunroof switch is a genuine VW item.

The panel has been trimmed professionally using a 4 way stretch vinyl.

The visors i have are Mk3 Colour concept but the mounting points need changed over.

Intention is spray a spare headlining and see if a quality finish can be achieved which i think it can be. Like Jim says there are good fabric paints available.

I am a fan of black headlinings, the Mk4 Golf Anniversary GTIs were black (only car in the Mk4 range) and the difference between that and the grey is great..

Im very keen to use as many 'real' parts rather than painting everything.

The sunroof switch is a genuine VW item.

The panel has been trimmed professionally using a 4 way stretch vinyl.

The visors i have are Mk3 Colour concept but the mounting points need changed over.

Intention is spray a spare headlining and see if a quality finish can be achieved which i think it can be. Like Jim says there are good fabric paints available.

I am a fan of black headlinings, the Mk4 Golf Anniversary GTIs were black (only car in the Mk4 range) and the difference between that and the grey is great..

nice thanks m8, much appreciated

ive promised the gf that once ive finished my new workshop in the outhouse & now the light evenings are here i will retrim both of ours, actually probably all 3, head liners & try & sort an option for her broken sunroof

Am about to recover my headlining, i just bought a new fabric to glue on.

Not really sure what to do with the sunroof and its trim, might have to dye them bits.

Got my stuff from here

http://www.as-trim.co.uk/

thanks Jim - duly noted

I seriously thought about having a black headlining on my old car, but didn't get round to it....

It will look really smart on yours 8)

I've got a spare black sunroof trim strip from an mk2. It's the bit that goes around the edge of the headliner at the sunroof aperture. The furry bit :)

Not sure if it will fit a Corrado 100% but I am about to fit my sunroof and can check. £20+ p&p if anyone wants it?

Have you seen the price of thos Black Sunroof switches on Ebay??

Fook That!

Love your car BTW mate!

Makes me miss mine.....

Alot!

They are changing hands for mega money....

Im sure you do miss yours Steve, was a great car..

12 months MOT on the old girl today and the first run out for months, loved every minute...

Well done on the MOT Goldie although I'm sure it would have been hard to find fault with it!

I hate MOTs, the guy was sound though which always makes the experience far better..

Couple of new pictures as taken by Jim at Elsecar, first decent shots I've seen with the Nothelle wheels on. They really look so much better in reality..

IMG_0114_zpse6muorg4.jpg

IMG_0116_zpsk65zgooo.jpg

IMG_0113-2_zpsodqaanit.jpg

On a sad note 2 litre Peter decided he fancied a new clutch the other day so thats a little job for next week...

I had my doubts on the nothelles but they look stunning in the pictures, but even better in the flesh!

You've done some great work with the car Michael.

Have had a busy few days on the daily 8v.

The clutch went on me, no slipping or smells just one minute i had gears and the next nothing. Genuine part sourced from Eurocarparts for a reasonable £80 and then the work began. I know people say the 8v is an easy to work on engine bay but the gearbox still has the same amount of room to come out so it was a bit of fiddle to get the box out and then to reposition it. The changing of the actual clutch takes about 10 minutes,the job however took hours..

All good now though, fresh clutch, coolant flush, oil and filter, air filter should keep the old girl going for a while. Car is off for tracking this afternoon after having to disturb some of the alignment

This is one of the few pictures taken, definitely worth taking the front end off to help access..

IMG_1400_zpsvsprpny0.jpg

Hes as modest as they come but thank you to Easypops for towing the car to his place and listening to me saying the gearbox was off about 50 times before it actually did leave the car...

Is that gearbox oil on the drive ? , if it is your Mrs is going to kill you lol!

No spillages, i wouldn't want Mrs Easypops kicking off..

Oooof!! That looks like a major job, glad you got it sorted though.

Was a big job, can see why it may be better just to take the whole engine out...

Is it off? :lol:

It was all good fun mate :)

Is it on? All seems well and better for being properly laser aligned.. And a polish..