Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

Manifold all fitted. While the casting is a straight fit the angle of the throttle body does cause a few issues. I have had to use an early VR inlet elbow, the ISV wiring and coolant hoses aren't in stock positions.

As i am using it without the flap fitted there are no real gains in terms of power but the car does sound different especially on tick over.

I am absolutely delighted with it. Here it is:

IMG_2345_zpsgqt82fgt.jpg

IMG_2348_zpsyr4winul.jpg

That just looks soooo nice. Well done in acquiring and fitting it. Looks great

Thank you. I am delighted with the finished article, i have wanted one for ages.

RenewArt VSR badge is a great finishing touch.

Thank you. RenewArt is brilliant, i have bought a few bits from him and will be back for more.

Goodness. I haven’t update this in ages. 

The car is tucked away and hasn’t really moved since I fitted the manifold. It will be out more this year though. 

This was her catching a rare glimpse of sunlight for insurance renewal. 

New daily BM and a mk2 project. It is not pretty and needs lots of love but I have wanted a silver one for ages. 

A1243E09-9801-490B-957E-460748B3038E.jpeg

8D128DA7-1A3D-47FD-A0FC-547364C8102B.jpeg

53823B55-B447-40F7-8070-A10AA4CBD95D.jpeg

95C18708-6F15-4878-96CE-BAFF55528811.jpeg

7CE1D073-843C-4103-AFD1-66DEC385D212.jpeg

Nice is that saturn silver ? Did the car come with the Recaros and where did you get the VSR from ? 

Edited by Keyo

I was thinking you'd been quiet after seeing your mug in Martin's post! Hopefully see you at some point this year mate. And get the Nothelles back on! 😁

18 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Nice is that saturn silver ? Did the car come with the Recaros and where did you get the VSR from ? 

Satin silver, the car is pretty much flawless! Recaros have been recovered with Napa leather, again flawless! And the VSR was bought from a car that he and easypops bought together a couple of years ago that had been fire damaged.

Edited by seanl82

4 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Satin silver, the car is pretty much flawless! Recaros have been recovered with Napa leather, again flawless! And the VSR was bought from a car that he and easypops bought together a couple of years ago that had been fire damaged.

Yeah I remember that car I think it had some VDO gauges as well. Poor chap had a fire behind the dash if I remember.  There is a mint set of cream Recaros for sale on facebook that have been re trimmed -  looks a great job-seller based in Ireland- asking 2K. 

Such a mint car 🤤

it even looks like the HT leads are fitted with a straight edge 🤣

Yeah like the wheel rack, also a big fan of saturn silver on a Rado.  I have a few sets of wheels and they are always in the way so need to find a solution. Good luck with the MK2 Golf Im a big fan  and mine is complete now thankfully.  Just went through the painful task of taking all the trims off and finding out what was lurking underneath, gearbox rebuild, head rebuild, geometrics/suspension, headliner retrim and interior.   and bespoke stainless steel fuel injector lines. 

Golf 16v.jpg

hel fuel lines.jpg

Edited by Keyo

the VR is looking great goldie!!

i thought you might like to know that the kit i got from you is being put on my VR as part of the body restoration 😄

On 3/10/2020 at 7:36 AM, Cressa said:

Your car is perfect. Loving the clean and organized spare sets of wheels 

That’s very kind but they are never perfect. Always stuff to be done. 

On 3/10/2020 at 2:17 PM, Keyo said:

Yeah like the wheel rack, also a big fan of saturn silver on a Rado.  I have a few sets of wheels and they are always in the way so need to find a solution. Good luck with the MK2 Golf Im a big fan  and mine is complete now thankfully.  Just went through the painful task of taking all the trims off and finding out what was lurking underneath, gearbox rebuild, head rebuild, geometrics/suspension, headliner retrim and interior.   and bespoke stainless steel fuel injector lines. 

Golf 16v.jpg

hel fuel lines.jpg

Great progress. Mine needs all sorts. Body kit will be coming off shortly.  

On 3/10/2020 at 2:35 PM, g0ldf1ng3r said:

the VR is looking great goldie!!

i thought you might like to know that the kit i got from you is being put on my VR as part of the body restoration 😄

I am delighted the kit is being used. 

Some progress over the last week. 

MOT. 25 miles since the last one.

Full service

Nothelles back on

Test fit venoms

Proper wash and basic detail 

I have a genuine nothelle steering wheel to try and will be fitting the yellow bulb caps so hoping they will look the part. 

6787424D-D5C7-4E5F-9DC7-89C0D7B2DCD3.jpeg

9552A8EA-F567-4A1D-A04C-6EDE7D8909B3.jpeg

0BAA2DFF-56C6-4E6C-B55D-A3591235C458.jpeg

5E6819A3-2593-45C0-9B44-9F8EE7520091.jpeg

4F1A7D78-3B02-41A5-92A8-7CED77C47E80.jpeg

09FCDD1F-5307-4C5F-B180-76DD0FB623A8.png

19 minutes ago, Goldie said:

Great progress. Mine needs all sorts. Body kit will be coming off shortly.  

I not long took all my bumpers off and and arch trims and sills , It was hiding a multitude of sins but thankfully all sorted now and got the new bumper brackets and the Irons powder coated and a big bill from the body shop0 cant thank them enough for a great job. 

I will post some pics up on my thread black magic as not to clog up your thread. 

Cars looking mint  Saturn silver is up there as one of my favorite colours for a Rado and really suite the Nothelle alloys. .  Excellent car on every basis. 

Mate your car is awesome. Judging by your MOT mileage you need to get out more 😄

Be great to see a picture of your steering wheel. 

And I dont believe much can beat the Nothelles. Absolute unique style and quality. 

What a car! I had a Satin Silver back in the day and loved it, looks great with the RS's and Nothelles, Venoms on the other hand 😬