Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

Looks great but somehow lacking without the plate lol. Needs a private replacement...

Private plate. All on good time. The car will be getting put to bed for quite a while. After that I would like to look into it.

Congratulations on a great purchase! My all time favourite Corrado.

My only change would be to change the alloys to 17" versions of the original speedlines, someone else on here with a red VR put some on his and whilst they are not my favourite style of alloy, they looked great.

But that's just my opinion, no doubt what you do will be very classy going by your last one.

Kip yours is a beauty and a big statement on DIY quality conversions.

I'm glad you liked the last one. This is going to be hard to build on and I think I will just keep the standard where it is. I have a few little ideas of some subtle changes. Nothing drastic though.

My only change would be to change the alloys to 17" versions of the original speedlines, someone else on here with a red VR put some on his and whilst they are not my favourite style of alloy, they looked great.

But that's just my opinion, no doubt what you do will be very classy going by your last one.

Ahem... ;)

2012-07-27134503.jpg

They do like very nice, I'm very smitten with the comps though..

I spent an hour having a bit of a clean under the bonnet today and sourced a couple of more bits i need. Regrettably ill have to leave the car alone for a few months through work very soon..

I have had some correspondence back from the guy who has my old one, he said, it now has 119k on the clock, only problem has been the immobiliser packed up and he had a very lengthy visit to Asda one day..

Beautiful..........................begs the question, what car is 'OSV' going to adorn next ??????

Beautiful..........................begs the question, what car is 'OSV' going to adorn next ??????

I have no idea, only Gareth could answer that..

Ive spent the last week sourcing bits i would like and other bits to hoard. I had a nice run out yesterday in the sun, thoroughly enjoyed..

So today the car has been put to bed with all preparations made, leather fed, fully washed, arches and wheels full treatment, engine bay cleaned, dehumidifier box in car, all covered up and away..

I might get a chance to use it again in a week or so or ii will be away for a good while. Im going to continue to collect things i need..

Well due to a change in plan i have a bit more time at home so a bit more car play continues..

Today i got a few jobs done on the interior..

I reminded myself how much i don't like refitting door cards, the passenger side top plastic trim was split so it had to go..

DSCN4667.jpg

I also needed to have a look at the heater blower after the it only works on speed 4, the old motor came out ok and no wonder it didn't work, the cabling was badly charred, still with continuity across the motor though and the thermal resistor was shot. I had managed to get another from a scrappy that was 2 years younger so a one for one swap and all speeds back on, result..

DSCN4672.jpg

Lastly, the lower console trim had screw holes in it.. All looking very tidy underneath and for some reason the paint colour is written there, strange.. Its only partially put back together as I'm waiting for a delivery from MJ interiors..

DSCN4673.jpg

DSCN4674.jpg

Other than that I'm on a big parts collecting mission, i am quite shocked how many things have become obsolete in my few years away so I'm hoarding..

i like seeing the updates - showing even a flawless car has a couple of things that need working on :lol:

paint colour in middle is a factory thing. i guess as soon as they stamped the chassis they put the code in the part of the car that wasn't going to be sprayed..

looks like your getting well stuck in Michael, i have a passenger side top plastic trim if you need one still??

There are always things to do mate...thats part of the fun.. I know i have a big head start though..

---------- Post added at 8:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:14 PM ----------

looks like your getting well stuck in Michael, i have a passenger side top plastic trim if you need one still??

I got one thanks mate but if you have a pair that are split free I'm keen, no way of knowing how long they last before they split..

i only have a passenger side one mate, if you want it just pm me your address and i will send it to you.

Looks like you need a short shifter :wave:

I have thought about it and had a look at the thread..

The bonnet still looks great Ben, the bumper a little chipped here and there but certainly nothing to worry about. Silver hides marks like that well and then if a fly lands on it or any road tar it sticks out a mile...