axcel01uk

For all you model Collectors out there.

I have a 3 revel corrados I bought a black one then found a blackberry one so bought that to match mine then got a red 1 to cause I liked it. I have a g60 revel plastic kit and an otto 1. Have a fair few 1:43 scale 1s

Not sure if you guys have seen this model yet but there is another new 1/43 scale minichamps corrado model available in violet pearl. The good news is these are currently going for half the normal price from a particular seller I found based in Germany. All in with postage it works out less than £30.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-VW-Corrado-Baujahr-1990-lilametallic-1-43-Minichamps-/350982729580?pt=Spielzeugautos&hash=item51b8336f6c

If you haven't already got the nugget one they recently brought out he is also doing that one for half price as well so bargain.

Get buying before they go!!!!!!!!!

Yeah his prices are reasonable and I have bought a few off him in the past, all have arrived quickly and well packaged.

On the other end of the scale anyone fancy another 1:18 scale model corrado in silver:- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-VR6-silber-limitierte-Auflage-von-700-Stuck-Revell-neu-in-OVP-1-18-/281251053489?pt=Spielzeugautos&hash=item417bde7fb1#ht_430wt_958

A limited run of only 700 apparantely, I couldnt justify spending that though.

Edited by axcel01uk

Thanks for the links. I've got the Yellow mini champ one, couple of Revell ones and 2 Otto ones, so just bought the Purple mini champ to add to my collection.

Just to give all you model Collectors a heads up about a new 1/18 scale corrado that going to be released by Otto in November.

This time its a VR6 model. I have provided a link below.

http://otto-models.com/en/ot611/291-volkswagen-corrado-vr6.html

Otto did previously release a red g60 model and a few members of the forum bought this model directly through Otto. I am aware that in some cases it didn't go particularly smoothly with people being sent wrong models etc, so you will have to decide whether you purchase through Otto, who are based in france, or you look for a UK supplier. I have bought over 20 models through Otto in the past and have never had an issue but I am reluctant to fully recommend them again due to the previous problems.

If you haven't bought models through Otto before you have to join their club in order to pre book the model. You cant pre book unless you join. As a member you get the opportunity to pre book models before they go on general sale. Most of the VW ones I have purchased in the past are snapped up by members and sold out before they go on general sale.

At current exchange rates the total cost of the model works out at £59.92 including postage. Whilst this may seem pretty expensive the models are superb and a step above the revell ones that I also have a couple of.

If you are going to book through Otto it is best to do it sooner rather than later as most of their models do tend to sell out pretty quickly. You can normally find their models through other suppliers but you will likely pay a bit more after their mark up etc.

Nice one!

Thanks for the heads up, will order a couple of the VR6's :)

I've bought half a dozen Otto models since I first saw this thread, and never had a problem.

Got one of their 1:12 red Golf G60's this week, looks amazing :)

Nice one!

Thanks for the heads up, will order a couple of the VR6's :)

I've bought half a dozen Otto models since I first saw this thread, and never had a problem.

Got one of their 1:12 red Golf G60's this week, looks amazing :)

Yeah the models are great, now display all mine in a display cabinet in my man cave, was so tempted by that 1/12 golf because it looked superb. Just no room for it in my cabinet though.

That looks lovely! Although I can't help but think they look like 288mm brakes up front :)

That looks far too good but I can't buy one in case my real one gets jealous and starts acting up!

Hard to tell from the pic , but when they say purple , is it DBP ? .

Tough to say maybe to light for DBP, to me it looks more Twilight Violet or even Ice Grey Violet but my eyes have never been that good.

If only they had done them classic green it would have gone perfect with the cream interior.

At that price, Don't think I fancy taking one apart and painting it though.

I've bought one......if it is twilight violet(which I don't think it is) great, if not it'll be getting painted classic green(or destroyed in the process :lol:)

I have a mint black Vr and a not so mint DBP VR . When I say not so mint , I mean , that I came home one day and "er in doors " had been cleaning . Snapped the bleedin ariel off !!! .

I have a mint black Vr and a not so mint DBP VR . When I say not so mint , I mean , that I came home one day and "er in doors " had been cleaning . Snapped the bleedin ariel off !!! .

I sacked my cleaner after it happend to me.... I never see my models anymore as they are covered up with a tea towel.. Saves dusting them... Just wash the tea towel.

I sacked my cleaner after it happend to me.... I never see my models anymore as they are covered up with a tea towel.. Saves dusting them... Just wash the tea towel.

Lol . I have made a few attemps to remove the ariel off the black magic model and put it on the DBP model , but gave up before I ended up with two broken ariels .