Sean_Jaymo

Corrado Part Duex - 24V Aqua Blue - She's gone.

I'm using standard management.

I'm getting no fault codes with the sensor and the Rev counter is working flawlessly. What makes you think it could be this?

Hi

My money is on CPS (crankshaft position sensor) if your engine DTA is usimg one.

Well on the complete off chance, I popped into the local motorfactors and bought a new sensor. Fitted and job is done! I owe you an apology! I never honestly believed it would be this sensor as I wasn't getting any faults and the rev counter was perfectly accurate and stable. The one thing that made me think it could possibly be a contributing factor was when I inspected it, it had a bodged repair to the insulation which I put right over the weekend. I guess having the cable routed between a hot block and oil filter housing has negative effects over time!

Either way, pleased!

:dance: Great when it's an easy fix.With these 24valver's sensor's are a pain.

Well, I've driven it for the first time!

Took it out for a drive and first impressions are that it's great to be back in a Corrado! OK, It does rattle a bit but I can fix that! The 24v pulls beautifully from low revs, but it isn't as urgent as I thought it would be but nail it from behind a truck to overtake, it takes off like a cat scalded! Maybe I'm just used modern diesels. The 288 brakes don't bite like I was expecting, even with a Teves20 System and braided lines. Maybe they will bed in and improve with a bit of use!

Either way, I'm a happy guy!

I had to put the standard suspension back on as I was getting narked off with the scrubbing. I'm just too old for no suspension travel and wide wheels! It may look a bit tractor-esque with the wheels, but it doesn't half drive well!

On a side note, if you are after 60mm dropped Weitec springs and shocks and have wheels that aren't 8.5J. Give me a PM and to keep all the forum adults happy, keep the suspension talk off this thread please! Collection prefered but will post at cost! I'll put a thread up later this evening. £40.

A few photos as I know you all love em!

Gone back up to standard height on the suspension. It may look a little naff but it drives really well! Bilstien B12 for me I think! Not a brilliant photo, but you get the idea!

20140521_185754_zps944c016b.jpg

And to celebrate it being back on the road, out with the old;

20140522_111938_zps2b03068b.jpg

And in with the new!

20140522_112040_zps9716d6e7.jpg

It also looks as if my nice new Febi radiator thermoswitch has died on me after 15 miles. The loom is getting a feed and stage 1 and 2 work as advertised when you jump the wires so it can only be the switch that's had it! New one on its way.

Bring it down 30/40mm and retain the handling and I'll be a very happy bloke! happy to compromise with the 25 or so mm that the B12 has though!

Is that completely standard Suspension mate? Couldn't do me a favour and measure your arch to ground distances, I'm interested in seeing how much mine has been lowered.

Looking really good, and something slightly nicer to grip onto when the power kicks in!

Couldn't do me a favour and measure your arch to ground distances, I'm interested in seeing how much mine has been lowered.

I did mine a week ago, the way to measure is centre of the wheel vertically to the arch lip, this way wheel and tyre size doesn't affect the out come

Measurements taken from the top of the arch to the centre of the cap on the speedlines

OSF 13.5 inches

NSF 14.25 inches

Rear 14.5 inches both sides

I'll put mine down for the sake of it. My measurements are in mm as that's what everyone speaks but as Dox says, I'll do mine to the centre caps to eliminate some variables.

FL----FR

365---345 (I'll put this down to worn top mounts and engine weight. New top mounts and bearing when I finally decide on suspension!)

RL----RR

368---365 (I'll put the difference down to the FR being so low in comparison to the FL)

Much help?

Looking good Sean!

I'm picking up a koni/eibach -40mm kit on Saturday to try out, I know exactly how you feel, must be getting old lol

Lol, I'm not even that old! Must be appreciating a car that handles instead of scrubs!

I'm only 33 I just feel ancient :(

Bit more done today, I replaced the yellow and radiator thermoswitches for new items and gave the system a through flush, drain and refill with some nice new G13 Coolant. Even though I put in some fresh ECP stuff during the rebuild, I always knew this was temporary to act as a flush agent and the crap pulled out wasn't very nice! Anyway, it's now nice and clean and has a lovely purple colour to it. I used a T4 radiator thermoswitch which comes on at a slightly lower temperature than the stock Corrado switch and the current Yellow thermoswitch is now actually black with a blue band. The dash now follows the VCDS temperature within a degree or 2 so that's more than good enough for me!

Also fitted a nice new Bosch battery now that I know the car is back on the road permanently.

Now you see me!

20140527_143429_zpsfe1ae1f8.jpg

Now you don't!

20140527_143524_zps15b7231f.jpg

And with it being so wet today, some nice new Bosch blades. Time to save some pennies for a set of Lupo wipers seeing as they are over £160 these days!

Took it for a drive and it's great to be back in the seat and those extra 12 valves make it a bit frisky in the wet don't they! Apart from it being a bit rattley, it's a real good feeling to be driving her again. Just a shame I had family stuff on over the weeked and these few small running in snags, otherwise I would have been at the National Day, Next time! Got Goodwood next month and I'm tempted to take the rattley old skip!

Good work mate, got a part number for the new yellow switch? Mine is miles out on the dash compared to the vcds!