Sean_Jaymo

Corrado Part Duex - 24V Aqua Blue - She's gone.

You're all too kind!

You picked the wrong Service mate, you could have been quids in now if you were a matlot! :lol:

I won't deny the fastrack I was offered when I was at Culdrose if I transferred is looking like a missed opportunity, both promotion and pay wise! Still, you wouldn't find me wanting to be a fish head these days, being a crab is more than enough! Roll on my mister-ship!

Fitted my pressure sensor adapter this evening to remove that annoying alarm, naff access and I had to remove the right hand side headlight to get one hand to it, but it worked and another box ticked off the list.

Only thing i have noticed is that my indicators work perfectly well, but the repeaters on the cluster don't work at all. All works normally otherwise, just not the dash repeaters! Any ideas? Is this simply a case of new bulbs or have I got a bad relay? I've not dug out the diagrams to look at how it's all connected, but I thought I would try you lot first!

Still have my weird non functioning indicator repeaters, changed the LED's and still having no luck! Not having much fun with the wiring diagrams either...

Either way, managed to sort out a few other little things today.

20140417_193228_zpsggm9iwbg.jpg

Only had the 2 LED's so I'm waiting for more to arrive next week and go from there.

Whilst in there, I took this pic as I quite liked it :)

20140417_193320_zpsvzqduxow.jpg

That's all for now!

Well done Sean that's a hell of a lot of progress in the time, given that it's all done on the driveway and other stuff going on etc...it's going to be a fantastic car when it's finished.

Now about those CH's... They look awesome.

Cheers Kip! Now if I can borrow your R32 lump then I would be a very happy man!

Bit more progress, nothing much has happened recently as I had a very last minute work related trip out to the Mediterranean!

I'm getting very much closer to having it ready for an MOT, few small jobs and then I'm there!

First things first, I've finished off my interior light conversion, well almost, 1 last small job to do but got to figure out 1 last thing!

20140507_221132_zpsf64a6f95.jpg

20140507_221033_zps10b48354.jpg

Not great pictures but you get the idea. I know I have a instrument flood light bulb or 2 out, loose connection I think.

I have also fitted nice new number plates as the old ones were shabby and the rear one would have got an advisory at least on the MOT along with finally refitting the window wipers. I need to find a Lupo conversion kit asap!

Jobs to do;

Investigate why the drivers side suspension is sagging 10mm or so compared to the passenger side.

Pressure bleed brakes one last time

Cover battery in boot with something (battery blanket I think)

Fit pipework for crankcase breather

Get garage to fit front strut top nuts

Get garage to fit third nut and bolt between cat and downpipe

Get garage to re-weld the hanger bar for the suitcase box on the exhaust

Tracking

Headlight alignment

Tax

All fairly simple jobs on the whole. Of course there are a hundred jobs to do for when it is back on the road, but for now, these are the priority items.

Looks good, I like the red lights.

Not sure if its right but my drivers side coilover is set different to the passenger side, I guess its cos the engine is over the drivers wheel and the lighter gearbox is the other side!

Good work mate, getting closer and closer now.

Loving the inverted LCD's. And with the suspension, Chris is right, it's the uneven weight over the drivers side. On the weitecs you should be able to move the spring seats up/down a notch to even them up.... I'll see if I can dig out the instructions for my old set.

I initially thought that but my weitecs can only have the rear spring seats adjusted. Unless I'm being really blind, In which case, happy days!

Oh and thanks on the comments on the lights, I never did like the green but when mixed with the climate, I just didn't like it!

Sean Red and blue look's awesome the green really would not work :thumbleft: Nearly there :dance:

I can honestly say that the interior lights of the mk4 were the final deal breaker when I bought my Golf! I'm such a tart sometimes!

Well, I've had the front shock assembly out and as I thought there isn't any adjustment on the front height wise. Boo! I also noticed that the bottom 3 or 4 coils which are tightly wound anyway, are resting on each other. The middle and top of the spring have plenty of space though so I'm not sure if this is like this by design or if I've got the wrong poundage of springs?

I should just go and buy some decent Koni Coilovers and have done with it! I don't like having uneven suspension!

I should just go and buy some decent Koni Coilovers and have done with it! I don't like having uneven suspension!

Copycat! :lol: If you want to see what the koni's are like I'm sure I could pop over.

I know I know, I do have a problem with following on in the footsteps of people with taste! I'm just struggling to justify the cost! Currently I'm thinking H&R Springs for the short term until my RAF life is over and done with and I can plan on life a bit better! In 18 months time I could easily justify them, not quite at the moment though!

I'm not sure how the car would look on 30mm springs though?

There is a separate plug for the indicators. It's a 2 pin plug, just follow the wiring loom from the instrument cluster and then plug that into the spare 2 pin plug that will be behind the fusebox. Easy to miss as I found out! I think it has a green/grey wire from memory but please don't quote me!

Well the old girl has gone in for her MOT today so fingers crossed for some good news!

What I did notice on the less than a mile drive to the MOT station is that it is far too low! I can't be doing with it scuffing the road on larger undulations at circa 30mph! Now to jump into the painful world of Corrado Suspension!

40mm drop and comfortable please without breaking the bank! I'm thinking of H&R springs on the Weitec shocks as a stop gap.

Good luck mate! Mine was that low when I first got it. Looked good, but utterly impractical. TO THE ROOF!

Well the old girl has gone in for her MOT today so fingers crossed for some good news!

What I did notice on the less than a mile drive to the MOT station is that it is far too low! I can't be doing with it scuffing the road on larger undulations at circa 30mph! Now to jump into the painful world of Corrado Suspension!

40mm drop and comfortable please without breaking the bank! I'm thinking of H&R springs on the Weitec shocks as a stop gap.

My nothelle sprigs are actually quite comfortable, i would say almost comparable to standard - i should have taken the spring thickness measurement and lengths before fitting to have some made up, unless someone has any better suggestions.

Once i can sort this I'll send you the measurements and you can have them made yourself.