ISSY

What's it worth (rare spec VR6)

Howdy folks,

Just throwing one out there....

What do you reckon it's worth today... in 5 years...... in 10 years........ if kept in mint condition as is now?? I know these are becoming rare in low mileage/original form...

Spec:

1996 Corrado VR6 (Blue)

FSH

1 owner

Cream interior

Heather leather recaro electric seats

Matching tyres x4 and refurbished speedlines 15s

Standard factory condition except for wiper upgrade and clear side indicators

Very good condition and drives as it should

What do you think?

Heather leather recaro electric seats

wtf

Heated I would imagine :lol:

Who knows what it will be worth in years to come , I'm sure they can't get any lower though ! . As more become extinct , only the good will survive , assuming no accidents that is and the price can only go up hopefully. I'm no expert on prices but I would have thought around 5k for yours in the market as it stands now ? What you have to remember is although the car has low mileage , the parts are still 17 years old , depending on what has been replaced obviously.

Edited by robrado974

Who's sold a standard C for £5K in the last 3 years?

In all honesty hard to say without seeing the car, prices have dropped over the past two years to the point that Vr`s are starting at £1000 and topping out at £4000 and thats not saying they are all selling.

I would not be counting on your car gaining great value at all and just enjoy and use it as intended, nothing wrong with keeping it in amazing condition ect but just use it.

if you add up what people spend on their cars to keep them running. you certainly are not in it for resale value. it's only worth what a buyer is prepared to pay. prices have been rock bottom for last few years, but slowly on the way up.

Prices will only increase when there are more buyers wanting cars than there are sellers trying to dispose of theirs.

In all honesty hard to say without seeing the car, prices have dropped over the past two years to the point that Vr`s are starting at £1000 and topping out at £4000 and thats not saying they are all selling.

I would not be counting on your car gaining great value at all and just enjoy and use it as intended, nothing wrong with keeping it in amazing condition ect but just use it.

They're nearly selling ;)

They're nearly selling ;)

Wonder how long till more convert to the mk2.........!!!!

What makes the spec of this car rare apart from the Recaro seats?

Coz they're not just heated, they're heather too ;)

Anything less than £1000 is probably worth more in parts. TCS have a very nice green VR6 40k miles for just under £6,000.

Anything less than £1000 is probably worth more in parts. TCS have a very nice green VR6 40k miles for just under £6,000.

Asking £6K is very different to selling for £6K.

The fact that they are dealers and will offer partex and finance also makes a difference to the screen price.

The reason I said around 5k was , there have been interested buyers on here , or people who have joined up and said they wanted a top car and were willing to spend to get the Rado that they wanted . Not saying that they would definitely part with 5 . If I was in the market , had been saving for a long time , done the research etc and this came up I would be looking at this car , if its as good as it sounds . Would still try and knock him down though !

Unless you are looking for a project car, the usual advice is to buy the best you can afford. Whilst I have no evidence that a low mileage mint Corrado would sell for £5k to £6k, I believe there are people looking and willing to pay this level for a top quality car. Certainly if you have to factor in a respray, wheel refurbishment and rectifying previous owners bodges it may even be considered good value.

well as said it's all down to what someone is prepared to pay.

Mine is insured for 12k Doesn't mean i'll sell it for that but it'd have to be pretty damn close to make me part with it.

There will be an exceptional Car coming up for sale soon too and expect that to go for similar ;)

If it's as good as it sounds then £5-8k now and maybe double that in a fews years - the good ones will become rare and worth top money - there is no doubt it's a future classic.