VR-Sixy

Any Other Daily Users.......

Suffering with all this wet weather we've been having. Noticed mine is fogging up with alarming frequency now (so pleased i fixed the heater fan last year) and to cap it all, the top RH side of the windscreen has sprung a leak. Managed to stem the flow to the occasional trickle with some Shoe Goo, but i think i might have to get the windscreen re-bonded in the summer. The good Lord only knows how much that will cost!

Any other tales of woe out there?? :)

Edited by VR-Sixy

Yeah daily driver here, the heatermatrix going in december really was the worst time for it to happen but luckily its was a pretty mild december so was able to do it in a couple of days outside the house, using a torch when it got dark.

So yours is fogging up a lot because of the leak into the cabin that sounds about right, mine hardly foggs up anymore since the heatermatix change. Only bit that occasionally fogs up is the rear window but whos car doesnt

Hmmm, dont think I can claim to be a daily driver, use it twice a week throughout the winter as well though.

My bowden cables have recently seized up, but luckily it seems to be on a setting that allows the screen to keep clear as well as through the face vents, so not too bad on the steaming up, but when it does I just open the tilt on the sunroof to allow some fresh air in.

My gripe at the moment appears to be the drivers side outer window rubber is not allowing the door to close completely, so I now have wind noise (from the door!) and in heavy rain at motorway speeds, water coming in! The joys of Corrado ownership.

Dougie

Yep mine is a daily currently , and I'm also suffering from insane amounts of fogging up. I even bought a pair of those eBay silica gel bag things but they don't even make a dent some days.

I can only assume the seals are past their best and moisture finds its way into the cabin somehow but.. I have no idea really. Would love to get to the bottom of it!

Otherwise mine is soldiering on pretty good. Hoping to move even closer to work soon where it'll make absolutely no sense to drive any more, and the Corrado will then get garaged and I'll be walking to work. Should help reduce the miles and the overall wear on the old girl!

Hi

Another daily here. Everyday use of Corrado, use car for school runs and work. I too have noticed that my corrado is fogging up quite badly. But hopefully have traced the cause. I have a rain water leak into cabin from behind the fusebox. Have done some investigation it's definately not the sunroof, Hoping it's a poor windscreen seal as screen needs to be replaced due to a nasty stone chip. Not going to call autoglass until the weather clears. Living in Wales don't tend to see many dry days.

Hello,

Yep mine is my daily, but when i'm on night shift it stops in bed. Mine is misting up as everyone else's. Only the windscreen and rear window.

My car does not take long to start blowing warm air from start up. Approx 5 mins don't know if this is normal??

I've found that Cat Litter in a stocking works well to pull loads of damp from the air placed under the seats and in the boot,(check it often) i had a Mazda Eunos MK1 mx5 before the Rado and this had a major issue with damp in the winter. I had to scrape the inside of the windscreen at 4am in the morning, not good and then freeze my pips off until i got into work. :censored:

Yesterday i was hovering the car and noticed the carpet we in the drivers side foot well taking the door card off today to inspect the plastic membrane, hopefully this is the issue from my investigations.

See my post http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=85039

Edited by Ray1965

Does suggest that a thorough check around the carpets, and inspection of the membranes might not be a bad thing to do! I get mist the whole way round (every window) but usually the rear is one of the first to go / more stubborn to clear - yet I'm quite certain that all the blue grommets are in place and in good condition under all the badges at the rear.

Another daily here (though it's garaged right now post accident).

Misting is always a problem, mine clears ok if you give it five minutes with the heater and back window on before setting out. My heater fan only works on 3 and 1.5 but seems to do the trick! It helps to open both front windows for the first 10-15 minutes of driving too, I recommend wearing gloves..!

My thermostat has got stuck (thankfully open) and I've had some coilpack trouble in heavy rain / spray - arcing to the block on cylinder 6. Fixed this with a new HT lead boot at the coilpack end and a generous helping of Vaseline underneath, seems to have worked thus far!

My biggest winter annoyance is misting up in heavy rain because the water cools down the glass. Not much you can do about it save turning the heater way up...

Stone

Mine steams up usually at the back on the inside right ******* to remove aswell because you have to phyiscally get out the car and wipe it off.

Tell me about it. Mine's a daily driver as well, and my RHS electric window has just stopped working, so I have to get out and wipe it on the outside on these cold and damp mornings. Not too many probs with condensation inside the car though, and the heater makes it nice and toasty quickly.

Daily runner here - rear screen can mist up quite heavily if parked up whilst raining :/

Prolly need to run the dehumidifier in it for a few days again :bonk::)

Smoke and mirrors...that's what I Corrado is held together with!

If you treat the seals/rubbers with silicon spray regularly it stops them from deteriorating. Apparently it should be standard VAG maintenance procedure.

My rear window is a nightmare ! Front screen sometimes,

Been over the car with a fine tooth comb,no leaks,dry as a bone !!

Have noticed a lot of cars in car parks the same as me,but in 12 years of ownership,this seems the worst year for it.

I've just put it down to our crazy weather

My rear window is a nightmare ! Front screen sometimes,

Been over the car with a fine tooth comb,no leaks,dry as a bone !!

Have noticed a lot of cars in car parks the same as me,but in 12 years of ownership,this seems the worst year for it.

I've just put it down to our crazy weather

Hi

Have you checked up under the drivers' side rear wheel arch (around the fuel flap mechanism area) for rust/holes? My first corrado rusted bad in that area causing water to enter the boot area and would mist up the rear screen very badly.

Another daily here although mine lives in the garage overnight and I regularly put the dehumidifier in it.

I'm fairly convinced mine is watertight but I still get steamed up windows, I think it's just down to the rubbish weather we are getting at the moment, even though the car is watertight you still end up getting moisture in it from just using it, opening doors etc and from your clothes hence why I try and dehumid mine every couple of weeks.

Has anyone thought about using something like rainex anti mist??

Rog.

Mine mists up a little. There's a hole in the back of the car under the bumper which doesn't help with the rear, and there's a track out on the demister. The windscreen occasionally mists up but the climatronic fan soon takes care of it, even on low speeds. Side windows are a bit more of a problem, though the cabin and carpets are dry.

I had a headlight out earlier this month, but it turned out to be broken wiring - soldering in freezing weather wasn't much fun. Rear brakes are whining a lot, but handbrake is mercifully okay. If it's really damp she struggles to start a little. Otherwise okay so far.

Mine also mists. Lives on the road. I think this is a common Corrado problem possibly due to the vents in the three quarter panels and sills. I use silica bags when parked up, which help reduce the amount. On the move, I have Heko wind deflectors fitted and leave the windows cracked open but draft free. This keeps the windows mist free.

Still using mine as a daily along with the T25 :) As much as I'm hankering for a new car, the Corrado give me no just cause, so will just keep going enjoying every drive.

Need to do the track rods and rear axle buses, but apart from that, going well for 208,000!

Mine's just at the point where I really need to get thinking about timing chains and even an engine rebuild.. but knowing what other sorts of cars I can get for what it'll cost to rebuild the engine is really making me think I just don't want to spend the money :(

I get pretty bad mist problems, I think its just cars of that age. A colleague at work has a Civic of the same age, seems to always mist up as well : )

You've all got my thinking about hidden holes though!! I'd love to take the paint off mine and see what lurks underneath!

Mine's just at the point where I really need to get thinking about timing chains and even an engine rebuild.. but knowing what other sorts of cars I can get for what it'll cost to rebuild the engine is really making me think I just don't want to spend the money :(

I know what you mean Jim. Have you got to 192k miles without doing the timing chains? I've had all the main engine work done plus 263 cams and a re-map. I've thought of the Corrado as depreciation proof in the 5 years I've owned it and if I can spend less than £3k per year on upkeep then this offsets a typical depreciation loss I get on my my regular car, albeit depreciation is a hidden cost which only bites you at time of trade-in:(