Alty

So this happened ...........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77267[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]77268[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]77269[/ATTACH]

I had a Toyota hilux push me down the road!!!!!!

Is it possible to buy this panel or am i looking at cutting one off another car ? I've tried google but can't think of what that panel would be called ?

Oh and we had a lot of floods please excuse the dirt! haha

That's a write off.

It'll need the boot floor pulling out most probably , new rear panel welding in, new bumper iton, new or repaired bumper skin. Plus paint.

Of course you can get it done cheaper yourself using used parts, but you're still talking best part of a grand.

You can cut them out of a donor car, unsure if they can be had new.

Yeah it got cat "D" and i got a good payout... So just looking at my best options.

I refuse to let my corrado go to scrapheap heaven!

Try the vw classic website, they may have the panels available, but they will be new and will cost a few quid unfortunately but you can't get better!

Hmm... couldn't find anything! Anyone got a donor car they wouldn't mind cutting up..... ? :D

Bad luck :(

I got shunted last Monday, thankfully by a low-slung Merc so it was bumper to bumper and just missed the rear panel. Would expect you'll have to get the repair panel off a breaker, best off taking it to a body shop and asking how much of the donor they'd need.

The repair panel is called 'rear apron', part number 535 813 303A, but it's not showing up in a Classic Parts search so probably obsolete...

Stone

Edited by Stonejag

That's a write off.

It'll need the boot floor pulling out most probably , new rear panel welding in, new bumper iton, new or repaired bumper skin. Plus paint.

Of course you can get it done cheaper yourself using used parts, but you're still talking best part of a grand.

You can cut them out of a donor car, unsure if they can be had new.

second hand bumper and a decent bodyshop to pull that dent out, more like half that cost even if the replacement bumper needs spraying the right colour, I seriously doubt if the boot floor is damaged.

Well, an old Corrado of mine had a rear end shunt, similar to this one. But back in the mid 90's when the car was a few years old. £8k or something silly to repair, through insurance though.

A big hi-lux vs a Corrado? I'd be surprised if the boot floor didn't need just a little pull.

It was in traffic, think he might of been on his phone! But he did push me a couple meter before he knew what was going on!!!!

Thanks for the research guys! :)

Find a decent bodyshop and they'll repair that no problem. The damage looks pretty light from the photos. I repaired far far worse than that when I was in the motor trade.

i know its only photos but the panel seam hasn't even split! that's how minimal this is, lights aren't even damaged, i highly dought this has effected the floor pan, any bodyshop would use a stud gun and pull that back out with a little hammering no problem!!