coullstar

Suspension Kit - VR6

We need a picture of a Corrado on 17" wheels with the B12 kit please? anyone???

I know Clumpy BOUGHT some B12's recently, but I've not yet seen any pictures of it fitted, if indeed he has actually fitted them yet.

B6 Shocks and Sportsline springs a combination too far? Seeing as all B12's are, are B6 Shocks and Proline shocks.

I smell a group buy... ;) I think Gloster Ox runs this kit on his Corrado, on 16" alloys and the drop is perfect :)

I know Clumpy BOUGHT some B12's recently, but I've not yet seen any pictures of it fitted, if indeed he has actually fitted them yet.

B6 Shocks and Sportsline springs a combination too far? Seeing as all B12's are, are B6 Shocks and Proline shocks.

Indeed I did but and to be honest it's annoying me too but my car is not moving along as quickly as I would like at the moment but when it eventually find's it's way on I will assess and if it is not low enough will just get some H&R spring's to suit. I will also have a set of KW V1's for sale but I will update first.

I'd be in on a group buy. After having a ride in a vr with the b12 kit (on standard wheels admittedly), suspension has risen much further up my priority list!

I've been looking at the B12's too recently. If anyone in the South East area has these fitted I'd be willing to exchange beer in return for a quick ride (as a passenger) :)

From everything I have read they are a nice setup with half decent ride comfort.

I'd probably be up for a group buy if there were enough takers.

Sounding good, my only concern would be that my Corrado seems to occasionally bottom out on bumps and that's on firm coilovers. If these b12's are softer will it get worse?

That's who's VR I was referring to in the above post Dave. It's currently in the for sale section with pics, but he runs standard speedlines.

Here's a couple of photos of mine post B12 fitment.. It sits at roughly the same height as it did before when it had koni t/a and h+r springs.

qudyru8y.jpg

a3yravav.jpg

I'm not sure how it would look with 17s to be honest.. It is obviously lower than standard, but not that low. But it never rubs or scrapes either :)

Looks good somersetdub. I have the koni and HR combo at the moment. How do the B12's compare for ride and handling?

Basically it handles excellently as it did before, but the ride is much more compliant. A definite improvement.

Edited by somersetdub

Konis, in common with other lesser dampers, lose control when the damper oil gets hot. Bilstein Monotubes don't have that problem.

What I like best about Bilstein monos is their consistent feel. Come winter, summer, rain or shine, they always feel the same and that is exactly what you want with suspension and brakes.

Basically it handles excellently as it did before, but the ride is more more compliant. A definite improvement.

Thanks for posting the pics, what is the part number for the kit you bought?

Now you're asking.. I'll try and find out when I get home later.

I bought it through a rally/Motorsport company which sells the same kit for other cars on ebay.

I've just been out giving mine a clean, I've taken some better photos which shows the arch gap more clearly for anyone who's interested:

evetudy2.jpg

ubagy3uj.jpg

Thanks for posting those up! I think 17's may be a bit lost in there, shame as it looks so perfect on smaller wheels. If it were 10 or 15mm lower, it could have been the perfect suspension!

Now, If only it was matched to the 50mm sportline spring!

I'd still be interested seeing one with these running 17" wheels. I think with a decent offset they'd still look good.

I haven't read the whole post so forgive me if this isn't the info you're looking for...

My car in my profile picture is on 17s and a Weitec Hicon GT coilover kit.

It was substantially lowered from original, I never did measure exactly how much. The ride is firm but not excessive, damping is not adjustable but set just right.

Oops! I just screwed my photo up, you're not meant to see that one. I'll try to attach a larger photo of the car when I get home.

Edited by efil4sbuD