j_s14a

Demand for exterior trim parts

Having been back in the Corrado fold for a few months now, it's obvious that there are a few trim parts that are becoming very hard to come by, namely:

- Rubber roof/gutter trims

- Side bump strips

- rear number plate surrounds

- Bonnet insulation

When I owned my Audi S2, we faced similar issues with exterior trim, and a Polish chap came forward and had some reverse engineered. They were of a very high (OEM) quality.

Would there be any interest in getting some of these parts produced? I would of course clear it with the moderators before taking any action, but I can at least find out if he'd be willing to help if the interest is there.

Cheers. :)

And it's a yes from me!

What if you haven't got anything more important going on in your world?

Easily annoyed? or easily confused? Look at it whatever way you like it's all in how you view it

I need all of these as my cars in for a full respray and these would finish perfectly, scrapers also required (I have sourced a set for the time being though)

VW Classic Parts do the scraper seals and number plate surrounds, just get Heritage to order them for you.

I have a full set of side trim if someone wants to come and remove it without ruining the paint ;)

VW Classic Parts do the scraper seals and number plate surrounds, just get Heritage to order them for you.

I have a full set of side trim if someone wants to come and remove it without ruining the paint ;)

Just been onto VW heritage to order some parts, the number plate plinths aren't available.

Set of roof trims currently on ebay with about 4 days to run. Currently at £240 odd though. :crazyeyes:

Well past my max bid of £180. I refuse to be have my pants pulled down and receive a pineapple for a couple of bits of plastic, so until they come up at a reasonable price, I'm out.

If you don't drink, don't smoke etc and NEED them you'll pay ££££s for what ever you want.

They're in your sight and if the roof is polished to perfection a tatty set of trims will stand out like a sore thumb, I could live with it, others can't.

The chances are a copy would be less durable than OE VAG parts in the same way all other replacement parts are?

Trim off the bit that breaks up, coat in c4, job done an unless you know exactly what your looking at, they'll look pretty Damn good. £331 is beyond ridiculous imo. Especially since some have reported it happening to replacements within 5 years.

I'm looking at getting the roof trims made up or a viable alternative but need a decent sample set to copy. I've cut the side 'wiper' portion of mine off, the part that falls apart first. If anyone has a set they could photograph and accurately measure up that would be a good start.

Absolutely 100% spot on.

If you're restoring a car to perfection then you will pay big money for obsolete parts. At the end of the day, a Corrado will NEVER win a concours competition if it doesn't have perfect OE roof trims.

If you don't drink, don't smoke etc and NEED them you'll pay ££££s for what ever you want.

They're in your sight and if the roof is polished to perfection a tatty set of trims will stand out like a sore thumb, I could live with it, others can't.

The chances are a copy would be less durable than OE VAG parts in the same way all other replacement parts are?

I bid £321 on these, and got beaten at the last minute. I only bid so much, as these are likely the last set of as new trims available, and I wanted to get them copied so that the whole community could benefit. :(

Surely as a community, we can put some pressure on VW to start manufacturing these again? Seems stupid that they won't produce parts that they can make a healthy profit on.