spanneredmonkey

Just rescued my old Car from the Scrapper!!

I sold my Vr6 Converted Nugget Rado in 2012 with low miles, The guy I sold it to though an aircraft engineer was no good with cars and drove it for a year then parked it up, Its sat there for over a year and passed through several hands until yesterday I heard that it was going to be weighed in.......

Hell no, I parted with 500 quid and got her back, She is looking a little sorry for herself but I rekon a good wash and a polish, will be looking tidy

The reason she was parked I hear you cry?

I have been told that its an issue with the fuel delivery, either a solinoid or the pump, as it still running the 16v tank I assume its still got the 16v pump? is there a difference? is there only one pump? and where would you start?

I am off to collect it tonight, hopefully will be an easy fix

good man!!!

i brought my old valver back a couple of months ago & love seeing it on my drive every day :D

As somebody else who rescued a car from a certain fate with the tin can machine all I can do is applaud you on you efforts!

I sold my Vr6 Converted Nugget Rado in 2012 with low miles, The guy I sold it to though an aircraft engineer was no good with cars and drove it for a year then parked it up, Its sat there for over a year and passed through several hands until yesterday I heard that it was going to be weighed in.......

Hell no, I parted with 500 quid and got her back, She is looking a little sorry for herself but I rekon a good wash and a polish, will be looking tidy

The reason she was parked I hear you cry?

I have been told that its an issue with the fuel delivery, either a solinoid or the pump, as it still running the 16v tank I assume its still got the 16v pump? is there a difference? is there only one pump? and where would you start?

I am off to collect it tonight, hopefully will be an easy fix

If I could 'like' this post I would!

Well done, it would be sad if another Corrado was given it's wings!

Great news! I did the same a few months ago and bought my old vr back. It had sat in a farm for a whole, last tax disc was 2008. In the 10 years since I had it last it had only done 10k miles!

Now has new brakes, brake lines, brake pipes, bearings, alternator, belts, plugs, heater matrix, ball joints, track rod ends, arb links, coil overs and most of all an mot! Loving it too.

Well done again sir. Mine is certainly a "rat rod" of sorts- all new underneath but a bit rough on top. Plan is to use it this summer the over winter months go for a strip down!

good man, will be interesting to see some pics of it before you sold and after you bought it back

Yeah I will take a few before I wash it, we got back late will post some photos tomorrow, she is looking sorry for her self, and I can't get it to start, when it's daylight I will try again

Well done that man. I done something similar with a MK2 golf some 6 years back and she is still going strong. I hate seeing pod skool VW's being sold for scrap :(

Before

Sep 2011

IMG_0762.jpg

88762CE2-8092-4680-8815-688D7C825709_zpsraeusktr.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

Yesterday

june 2014

39A29143-52C2-4974-9CBA-CC76F501815C_zpsjbumotp0.jpg

575C0195-0D9C-4CD9-B554-F357787B0092_zpsgmwzgnux.jpg

E00CD45B-3B90-4ABC-9BC8-4EB43707E1F3_zpsklruevj7.jpg

Today

A Quick was and an attempt to start....... no joy but the spoiler and sunroof work and its still kinda ok inside, just needs a seats out valet

0C0BCEC8-F45E-4C1F-949A-9E96AD8FA7C6_zpsrbkhjjdy.jpg

its only done 8k since I sold it

I have a breakdown report stating that there is no fuel deliver suspect pump

where is the best place to start trouble shooting?

when i did manage to get it to turn over the oil light and temp lights were flashing? what does that point to? i dont have a vagcom port as its a conversion

Flashing lights are probably just battery. Swap out the fuel pump relay first, dead easy and the most common problem.

cool, will swap the battery, I have one in my garage from my van, what number is the fuel relay? there was a link to bently online when I was on here before cant find it now :-(

Fuel pump relay will be either 67, 80, or 167. It's located bottom row far right on the relay panel above the fuse box.

Bless her, she does look a little manky but if you're like me you'll relish a dirty C and have her clean in no time.

I have to say I'm not normally a fan of nugget yellow BUT the wheels and blue calipers set it off perfectly, your dirty motor may have changed my mind! Hope you get her running soon and can enjoy a drive :)

Excellent save! The VR6 pump should be 4 bar. The 16v pumps are lower pressure. But do change the relay and check the wiring first. Always do the simplest stuff. Especially when a new genuine fuel pump is £££.

Health to drive ;)

I genuinely cannot believe that was a candidate for a scrapper. I would imagine that yellow would show up any rust scabs even in photos and unless the underneath is shot that was a fantastic save, especially with the rarity of the colour.

Keep us updated on the progress you make

Well done monkey and vrpaul, its great to hear of stories of the history of the cars, and the end result overall is to save good cars from the rats in the scrap yards and the crusher. :cool: