Sign in to follow this  
VR6

What have you spent on your C?

Mine's just crept over £6k.

And that's obviously not including petrol/insurance/air fresheners.

new exaust £300 new cat £200 new tires £220 new water pump £35 new altanator £100 new distributer £95

new cambelt + tensioner £90 new fuel filter £? lots of outher litle bits - work cost was substantionally more than the parts :( lol - had her for 6 months

So far on this one: CV joint, major service, all engine mounts, brake pads and discs all round, rear bearings, lambda wiring, oil filter housing, CAI. £1.1 K in less than a year :shock:

Thought it would be about half that! Blimey!

I think I have gotten off quite lightly really.

I think the whole package is going to cost me about 7 grand completed and on the road - not bad for a what its going to be, a 300bhp 4wd bright yellow corrado :)

Hmmmm....under £500 in close to two years. That includes a new exhaust, a set of 17'' wheels, a pair of tyres for the winter Sebrings and last year's M.O.T.

To be honest the Corrado is one of the cheapest cars I've had for running costs. I'm considering a change to a VR6 but I think I'd get annoyed with it because it would, undoubtedly, cost me more to run.

£260 longlife take back 4 times exhaust!, £90 starter motor (gsf out of stock had to go to lucas!), £120 two new tyres, £150 on stereo, a service £120 oh and £650 on a respray!!

Just have to look at it though to think it is worth while. Undoubtedly one of the coolest looking cars on the road

I dread to think how much I've spent in the last year... Easily £5000 :shock: :silly: :help: - thats not including insurance, petrol, initial purchase cost etc.

oh dear i forgot about this thread! ill total it up when shes gone to bed!!! it is much too much but then its been subsidised by careful buying and ebay selling!!

17000 US I have you all beat, and remember I am in college! I paid for every penny of it too! thats 9300 uk pounds, its pretty much a brand new corrado though. there are 2 things that havent been replaced, the charger and the oil sump.

let's put this into perspectitve and its certainly the view i take to a certain degree.

Firstly if you had a ford focus, you'd be blowing 12-15k on HP

Secondly, if anyone bought their 'C' brand new, they'd have 20-25k in it probabley more at current car prices.

To get the same performance as some of the modded cars on here, anywhere between 30-70k

Anyway you look at it, when anyone says "you have a lot of money in the car" or "you must be paid too much" or "you must be mad" etc....basically what it amounts to is, you've spent less than 50% than the cost of a run of the mill small family saloon and a 1/5 to 1/10 that of anything with anywhere near the performance.... :D ...and thats worth smiling about

Its very hard to buy a smile

but I think me and the woman did buying our low miler.

Probably spent a grand on it,wheels,tyres,serviceing,rear calipers,Stereo.

chubbers

Good way to look at it H8RRA. At the end of the day, many modern cars are dull next to a Corrado anyway, both in terms of how they look and how they drive.

We see a few members defect to something newer, and then come back again.

It's not about the money, it's part of your life. I see it is as a hobby, a big toy to play with. I am the same with my mountain bike, my computers, my radio control cars, hi-fi...I can't leave any of them alone and all have 1000s invested.

As my woman says, if it makes me happy, then she's happy for me....awwww... :oops: I get no grief from her at all :notworthy:

Totally agree paul, I bought a vauxhall ashtray from new a couple of years ago which cost me nigh-on £12k, being young and daft and worried about 'old cars falling to bits' etc. less than a year later i stuffed it and wrote it off, I got 9k back from the insurers, which was actually the going rate for a secondhand car like i had. 3k drop in less than a year? swore i'd never spend that kind of money on a car again, deffinalty not a new one anyway.

in comparison, I bought my 16v for just under 2k, spent 2k(ish) on it and never really had any major problems and had a damn sight more fun in it than the astra! Now i've moved on to the VR and spent the best part of 2k on it in 3/4 months of ownership... it still stands me at about 5k all in and is 1000 times the car the astra was. yeah it sounds like a lot of money to spend on a car, but like you say, it better than squandering thousands on HP for a run-of-the-mill family hatch.

Since March 04 - VR purchase - £6,500 + RS's and Konigsports for £1,000 ontop

Wheels/Tyres - RS's sold including tyres for £1000, still have speedlines + Avons and purchased BBS solitudes + Dunlop Sports - £500 ish

Suspension - FK Konigsports with purchase

Other: -

Various Alignments - £300

Top Mounts - £100

Exterior Plastics - grill, front splitter, number plate mount, headlight surounds - £200

Fluid changes every 4 months approx - £200

Brake Bias x 2 - £60 ish

Rear axle bushes - £60 ish

MK4 Rear Calipers - £140

Copper Brake Pipes - £600 ish including axle bushes, MK4 Calipers, disks, pads, brake bias and ball joint fitting + brake fluid also - JMR

Water/Fuel Pumps - £200 ish

Sony MP3 - £250

Infinity speakers - £100 ish

Badges - £7.50!

Milltek Cat Back + uprated hangers - £320

Red Beru HT Leads - £120

Plugs - £20

Bee-Sting Aerial x 4 - pikey's in car parks - £80

Bee-Sting Aerial Mount - £60

Wheel Bearings - £120

Brake Disks and Pads all round - £150 ish

Carpet Mats - £60

Number Plate - £400 including all bills

Sunroof Motor - £200 ish

Fog Light - £70 ish

Lupo Wiper's - £50 ish

Leather treatments/ Car Polishes etc - £100 ish

+ various servicing, maintenance bills, insurance, tax, MOT etc

Saving up for: -

Some body work touch ups and blasting/powder coating of various parts.

Refurbing Speedlines

Zim Disks/Pagid FR pads + R W-bearings £300 Fitted

2nd Set of above supplied free and another £150 Fitting!

Presure cap £5.00 (replacement supplied free-still faulty – in the bin)

VAG pressure cap £12

Thermostat & Housing fitted £100

Head to Matrix Hose £40

Battery £75

Under Bonnet fuel lines £100 (still speechless!)

Breather filter £20 (thanks Mr Ford)

Generic VAG mud flaps £48 (straight in the bin)

Full service £175

Plug Leads -&- £50 (in the bin)

K1 Racing plug leads (still discussing with the factory) £92

Second hand leads £40

Momo £60

Boss £20

Gear Knob £16

Ronals & Tyres £650

Bulbs £30

V Belt £30 fitted

Matts £35

VF Front mount £105

Colour coded Grill £50

FK Grill £38

Bonnet Lifter £20

3 months and £2169. Its still pinking & misfiring at 3-4k, looks like a 4x4 and the suspension will fail the mot on 1 aug for shocks/springs/top mounts/bumpstops/rear bushes and wishbone bushes and I still think it handles well! Plus its done 121k now on the original chains and my third set of zimmer frames are warping again.

Heartbrake hotel baby, but I love it and its staying……..

N

ive just gone through my receipts,and in 6 months of owning my first rado!,ive spent,

£3130 :shock:

neil.

I reckon I've spent about £1k on the VR6 in a year and a bit. But then, most people'll tell you that it looks like it too!

I have a list of things I'd like to do, but they all seem to come second to drinking beer. I've just realised, I probably do spend more money on beer than petrol. By quite a bit, too. Interesting.