ross k

vinnie the blackberry vr6,full electric recaros full stainless exhaust and amg pentas

May have just brought some mint condition konig buckets unfortunatlly they have silver bolsters but some dye will sort that now what do i do keep them or the recaros these were a steal though :)

update picked up the konigs they were to cheap to pass up i fitted the drivers one on my recaro frame but the seats seams high at the front is this normal with these seats or is it the runners i cant think the runners would be to different heres a pic

konig.jpg

i will probs recoulour the silver part if i keep them

That's what vr6 gar done with his Ross (recoloured) pretty sure they sit on a custom frame as mine sat low really hold you in these seats good buy dude :thumbleft:

cheers clumpy they sit a bit higher but think ill get used to it cant afford 150 pound each for subframes debating if their better than the recaros i just prefer leather as its easier to keep clean

The Konig's that were in mine seemed to have bigger bolsters on them not sure if it was the fact they were older one's but they were so comfortable.Mr Lobitos bought them for his I have cloth Recaro's for mine too

The Konigs do sit higher. Took me a while to get used to it and still not sure if I prefer them to my Recaros

The Konigs do sit higher. Took me a while to get used to it and still not sure if I prefer them to my Recaros

Not sure Jamie the Konig's in mine seemed to sit low saying that I've not experienced the Recaro's set in properly anyways both are excellent in a Corrado :thumbleft:

Mine were aftermarket Recaros James so may be different but they sat just right. I knew the Konigs sat a bit higher but never noticed how much til I picked my mate up and he said my head was nearly touching the headliner and I'm only 5' 8"! Probably going to put my Konigs up for sale soon anyway...

Mine are factory recaros they definatlly sit lower at the front due to the seat being thinner will keep the konigs for a while and will probablly sell them on later gonna keep the recaros in my room in the meantime i think. I just couldnt sell them as they are factory fitted cheers for the input chaps

Thinking about changing this unfortunatlly for an e46 330d as my circumstances have changed and im driving longer distances more regulally and the fuel bill is crippling me. Any advice about this would be great and how the 330d would stack up against the vr performance wise etc thanks ross

They have got a good rep Ross u have had a tough time with the Corrado. Good Luck with whatever you decide

Thinking about changing this unfortunatlly for an e46 330d as my circumstances have changed and im driving longer distances more regulally and the fuel bill is crippling me. Any advice about this would be great and how the 330d would stack up against the vr performance wise etc thanks ross

I doubt you'd feel short changed in performance after your swap. The last ones had just over 200BHP and 70% more torque! Add a remap into things and it'd decimate the VR. Just won't sound as good, but I'm sure you could live with that :)

cheers for the advice guys i dont really know what to do the 330d ticks all the boxes but im just not sure i can live with the look of 4 doors how ridiculous is that

Yea I was like that, until I got a 4dr and realised how useful it is! Although luckily I have managed to get a 320d and keep my corrado.

I would definitely advise going for an e46 diesel as a daily, they are fantastic cars, I wish I had gone for the 330d though but for power I have the corrado!

well been offered an x reg 330d as a swap 106,000 on the clock silver with full black leather and most of the toys etc recent new clutch and flywheel what do i do ? also anyone got any advice on what to look out for

well the swap fell through for one reason and another but not long how this car will be staying around it just seems to be one thing after another and the more you dig the more you find whats the interior worth from this would people reckon ?

yeh i was thinking around 800 just weighing up options for the car really thanks for the help so far guys

right guys need some advice what would be a good price for this car it has the following spec

183,000 miles with documented vw top end rebuild at 140,00 including timing chains etc

lowered on jom coilovers

stainless magnex exhaust

rear camber shims

amg penta alloys

full electric recaro interior

shortened sump with r32 pickup

good service history with many new parts such as new clutch, front disks,battery,top mounts full colant flush etc

mechanically the car is great now runs very well good econonomy etc the car benefited from a respray two years ago and the bodies genreally very clean. But their is some slight peeling around the drivers quarter light the rest are perfect it also has some damage to the bottom of the drivers wing i would imagine from a jack and theirs a crack in the windscreen.

Now for the big one the underneath of the car will need welding for its next mot it will need a patch on the rear of the passenger cill and the drivers cill is dented and bent in from either being run so low by the previous owner someone using the factory jack incorectlly at some point this has caused rust so the wing is no longer fixed at the bottom this is fixable by someone with the skills

i know im not going to get what i paid but i would like some honest opinions on the value of the car as to be honest i have had enough of corrados for the moment as this is my third

do people think i could get 2000 for this maybe more or am i being hopeful really dont want to break this

cheers mate i really dont want to let it go for less than 2 its just wether i will get it i mean i brought it for 2700 and have spent a fair bit on it so im already making quite a loss :(